Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 05:53 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Link: https://hotair.com/archives/2017/11/...democrat-five/

Glad to see Alabama voters see through the smear tactics and dirty tricks of the filthy Democrats. Hopefully the lead holds. The last thing we need in the Senate is another far left liberal like Doug Jones.
Yes, if Alabamians want to confirm the world's impression of them as total idiots, they should go ahead and elect Roy Moore to the Senate.

Old 11-28-2017, 05:54 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
If any of the 11th hour accusations prove true, which I doubt, Moore can be removed and replaced with someone like Luther Strange.
Im honestly surprised Luther Strange did as well in the primary as he did , but he is damaged goods now, No way they pick him if Moore is removed.

Old 11-28-2017, 05:56 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
This thread should be retitled "Pedophiles and child molesters and the people who will happily vote for them".

Old 11-28-2017, 05:58 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
All this says is that AL is okay with a pervert. Roy Moore. Deliverance meets DC.

Old 11-28-2017, 05:58 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Prior to Franken Conyers, there were a total of 2 polls that had Jones in the lead, there were 30 with Moore in the lead.

The average of polling you speak of is based solely on site like RCP dropping the previous weeks polls and adding in the new ones with the average as well as having a criteria that excludes most polls.

So while Moore and Jones were tied by RCP's(.2 lead for Jones) that was based on only including 4 polls total.

what you said just inst true. its a fallacy more so than a lie, but it still isnt true.

How about I break it down for you.

there are 6 polls in total that have Jones in the lead. All came out between November 9th and 16.

The Al Franken news broke in the 16th, so you are arguing a causation correlation. The problem with that argument is that during the same time Period

Strategy Research Moore 49% Jones 43%
WT&S Consulting Moore 50% Jones 40%
Emerson College Moore 49% Jones 40%
Change Research Moore 44% Jones 40%
Gravis Marketing Moore 48% Jones 46%

like I said, you are lying to yourself.
What in the hell is your point? You're writing nonsense. Jones started taking the lead immediately after the "scandal" involving Moore broke on November 9th. Jones led in MOST polls between then and when the Franken scandal broke (on the 16th). It wasn't until AFTER the Franken scandal (photographic evidence of sexual assault and all, yet no mass call from Dems for him to resign ) and the lack of calls for him to resign that Moore started to regain the lead (poll taken on 11/20 and from 11/25-11/27). YOU should stop lying to yourself and accept what is evident.

Lastly, I'm NOT speaking of a polling average (yes, RCP drops off "old" polls), but rather of the polling trends, which have Moore again leading following Franken/Conyers assault/harassment allegations and a failure of strong Dem calls to resign all while they were calling for Moore to step aside. This, I submit, is a huge reason for Moore's reversal in fortune. That most polling during this election cycle had Moore in the lead is IRRELEVANT to this discussion as my point does not rely on polling prior to the Moore "scandal" breaking.

Last edited by prospectheightsresident; 11-28-2017 at 06:13 PM..

Old 11-28-2017, 05:59 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Looks like the Pedophile Party will retain its seat.
Quote:
If any of the 11th hour accusations prove true, which I doubt, Moore can be removed and replaced with someone like Luther Strange.
L is right. the problem here is that there is no evidence that anything untoward happened, only accusations that are 40 years old, and those are unsubstantiated. one accuser supposedly has evidence, but they wont release it for a forensic examination to see if the yearbook signature is real or not. why? is it because they know its a fake, and they dont want to look foolish on the national press?

have the forensic exam done, and if it proves to be real, including the proper ink and the hand writing matches, then i will back the effort to dump roy moore. until then these allegations are just that, allegations with no evidence behind them.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:03 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Why is Doug Jones a "far left liberal"? Because he has a D next to his name rather than an R?

From what I've seen, he is a centrist or even conservative Democrat
In this day and age, a D = far left liberal. An R may also equal that, and therefore they require additional scrutiny, but a D is 100% of the time.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:05 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Yes, if Alabamians want to confirm the world's impression of them as total idiots, they should go ahead and elect Roy Moore to the Senate.
Permitting them to join

New Jersey and Menendez

Minnesota and Franken

Michigan and Conyers

Old 11-28-2017, 06:13 PM

11,252 posts, read 11,028,294 times
If Moore wins, it should serve as a stark reminder of how irrelevant Democrats are in today's society.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:13 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
What in the hell is your point? You're writing nonsense. Jones started taking the lead immediately after the "scandal" involving Moore broke on November 9th. Jones led in MOST polls between then and when the Franken scandal broke (on the 16th). It wasn't until AFTER the Franken scandal (photographic evidence of sexual assault and all, yet no mass call from Dems for him to resign ) and the lack of calls for him to resign that Moore started to regain the lead (poll taken on 11/20 and from 11/25-11/27). YOU should stop lying to yourself and accept what is evident.
I live in Alabama, I have conservative friends, you know how many of them are even talking about Al Franken or "liberal hypocrisy" .............0

I am in a 100 post debate with a conservative friend and a couple of others now, and do you know how many times Any congressional Democrat has come up..... 0

Hillary Clinton and Doug Jones' support of her has come up 3 or 4 times, and abortion has been the center piece of the debate.

if anything, the poll reversal has to do with the initial shock wearing off.

Using Change research(the poll in your article)

Doug Jones didnt gain any supporters even when he was leading, they simply said "other" or undecided" instead of Roy Moore.

Quote:
Lastly, I'm NOT speaking of a polling average (yes, RCP drops off "old" polls), but rather of the polling trends, which have Moore again leading following Franken/Conyers assault/harassment allegations and a failure of strong Dem calls to resign all while they were calling for Moore to step aside. This, I submit, is a huge reason for Moore's reversal in fortune. That most polling during this election cycle had Moore in the lead is IRRELEVANT to this discussion.
As I said, during the same time period where you claimed there was a polling trend, Roy Moore was still leading in plenty of polls.

And the Republicans in Alabama arent talking about Al Franken or John Conyers. They are voting for Roy Moore because they are pro life, its that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections