Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 06:14 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 18 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,531,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
If Moore wins, it should serve as a stark reminder of how irrelevant Democrats are in today's society.
Its Alabama, not New York.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:21 PM

30,614 posts, read 18,198,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I live in Alabama, I have conservative friends, you know how many of them are even talking about Al Franken or "liberal hypocrisy" .............0

I am in a 100 post debate with a conservative friend and a couple of others now, and do you know how many times Any congressional Democrat has come up..... 0

Hillary Clinton and Doug Jones' support of her has come up 3 or 4 times, and abortion has been the center piece of the debate.

if anything, the poll reversal has to do with the initial shock wearing off.

Using Change research(the poll in your article)

Doug Jones didnt gain any supporters even when he was leading, they simply said "other" or undecided" instead of Roy Moore.

As I said, during the same time period where you claimed there was a polling trend, Roy Moore was still leading in plenty of polls.

And the Republicans in Alabama arent talking about Al Franken or John Conyers. They are voting for Roy Moore because they are pro life, its that simple.
I know plenty of people in Alabama, too, though I don't live there (I went to school with plenty of them, including relatives of leaders of the Republican resurgence in that state). They agree with me. Hell, if you watched the press conference of women for Moore last week, one of the woman speakers towards the end (the blond, loud, energetic one . . . I don't know her name), specifically brought up the hypocrisy of the left on this point.

And Jones DID gain support when he was leading. He led with 48%, 50%, and 47% of the vote in the three most recent polls where he led (all following the Moore "scandal" going public), which is a far greater percentage of the vote he was getting in polling before that.

And, no, Moore did not lead in plenty of polls in the period I'm referring to. Rather, from the time that the Moore "scandal" broke on 09 NOV until the Franken allegations dropped on 16 NOV, Jones led in 3 public polls, while Moore led in 2 public polls, with Jones leading in the last two polls in that period (by 8% and 5%, respectively). After the Franken/Conyers news dropped and the lackluster criticism against them/calls for their resignation--hence, my comments--Moore retook the lead in two polls (poll from 11/20 and from 11/25-11/27). I stand by my analysis, but am not urging you to adopt it.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:24 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,322,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
If Moore wins, it should serve as a stark reminder of how irrelevant Democrats are in today's society.
You mean holding their seat in Virginia and taking the New Jersey governorship wasn’t the start of a blue Landslide?

Why, that would mean the MSM was trying to create its own darling little momentum. And they’d never do that, would they? That would be fibbing. With Christmas only a month away and Santa watching...

Old 11-28-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
You mean holding their seat in Virginia and taking the New Jersey governorship wasn’t the start of a blue Landslide?

Why, that would mean the MSM was trying to create its own darling little momentum. And they’d never do that, would they? That would be fibbing. With Christmas only a month away and Santa watching...
Get real. Holding a blue state (and Virginia cannot seriously be called a swing state anymore) and regaining an even bluer state in NJ is not impressive. To think otherwise is delusional. As I mentioned before, its only "newsworthy" that a Republican wins statewide in NJ (and now VA). A Dem winning there is the expectation. This is not to say that Dems will not have a landslide victory in 2018, but those victories definitely aren't signs of things to come.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:38 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,205,311 times
The Good Ole Pedophile (GOP) party will be dragged into the mud by Moore. First over his pedophilia and their reluctance to do anything about it, and then with his disruptions. It'll be like having a second Trump making headlines every day.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The Good Ole Pedophile (GOP) party will be dragged into the mud by Moore. First over his pedophilia and their reluctance to do anything about it, and then with his disruptions. It'll be like having a second Trump making headlines every day.
Not that I expect leftists to understand what they're talking about (and unsupported allegations aside for a second), but you really should look up the definition of pedophile.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:40 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 18 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,531,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I know plenty of people in Alabama, too, though I don't live there (I went to school with plenty of them, including relatives of leaders of the Republican resurgence in that state). They agree with me. Hell, if you watched the press conference of women for Moore last week, one of the woman speakers towards the end (the blond, loud, energetic one . . . I don't know her name), specifically brought up the hypocrisy of the left on this point.

And Jones DID gain support when he was leading. He led with 48%, 50%, and 47% of the vote in the three most recent polls where he led (all following the Moore "scandal" going public), which is a far greater percentage of the vote he was getting in polling before that.
Let me start by adding to what is wrong with your post.

2 of the polls are the exact same FOx Poll, one simply narrows the data to "likely voters" from the already polled "Registered voters", so its actually 5 polls, not 6. and those are the 2 polls that have him at 49 and 50%

the 3rd poll that has him in the lead, NRSC which does not release all of its data, and did not even release the number of polled individuals in its last 2 polls. And in it, it had Roy Moore go from 51% to 39% which is BS no matter how bad a candidate we think Moore is. No one drops 12 points in a poll. That makes it the biggest outlier in the entire race.

the 4th poll = Change research poll which I already explained.

5th poll = Gravitas which had Jones at 46% before, and 47% now.

Like I said, he gained nothing, people just went from Moore to undecided or "other" and after 2 weeks are simply back to firmly supporting more.

Living here, I havent seen a single Al Franken add run, but I have seen 200 "right to life" adds run in the last 2 weeks.

Abortion is bread and butter to the Republican base, and that is why they came back

A child molester is better than someone who "kills babies" to these conservatives.

Quote:
And, no, Moore did not lead in plenty of polls in the period I'm referring to. Rather, from the time that the Moore "scandal" broke on 09 NOV until the Franken allegations dropped on 16 NOV, Jones led in 3 public polls, while Moore led in 2 public polls, with Jones leading in the last two polls in that period (by 8% and 5%, respectively). After the Franken/Conyers news dropped and the lackluster criticism against them/calls for their resignation--hence, my comments--Moore retook the lead in two polls (poll from 11/20 and from 11/25-11/27). I stand by my analysis, but am not urging you to adopt it.
all 5 of the polls I listed earlier were Public, all 5 taken between November 10th and November 16th. I didnt include polls taken on the 9th for the obvious reason as i wouldnt know if the data itself was collected before or after the allegations were public, but if you include those, Moore's poll lead increases.

so that is 5 with Jones in the lead, 5 with Moore in the lead, not sure where you are getting 3 and 2 from unless you are looking at RCPs which as I said earlier, doesnt show all polls.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:47 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,205,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Not that I expect leftists to understand what they're talking about (and unsupported allegations aside for a second), but you really should look up the definition of pedophile.
You don't have to be a leftist to see what is wrong with soliciting sex from a 14 year old. And stop the quibbling over the prefix to -phile. Moore is a effing pervert in anyone's lexicon except, apparently, for the pathetic people of Alabama. The Pedophile Party has a real standard bearer here. Good to see him pulling away in the polls.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Let me start by adding to what is wrong with your post.

2 of the polls are the exact same FOx Poll, one simply narrows the data to "likely voters" from the already polled "Registered voters", so its actually 5 polls, not 6. and those are the 2 polls that have him at 49 and 50%

the 3rd poll that has him in the lead, NRSC which does not release all of its data, and did not even release the number of polled individuals in its last 2 polls. And in it, it had Roy Moore go from 51% to 39% which is BS no matter how bad a candidate we think Moore is. No one drops 12 points in a poll. That makes it the biggest outlier in the entire race.

the 4th poll = Change research poll which I already explained.

5th poll = Gravitas which had Jones at 46% before, and 47% now.

Like I said, he gained nothing, people just went from Moore to undecided or "other" and after 2 weeks are simply back to firmly supporting more.

Living here, I havent seen a single Al Franken add run, but I have seen 200 "right to life" adds run in the last 2 weeks.

Abortion is bread and butter to the Republican base, and that is why they came back

A child molester is better than someone who "kills babies" to these conservatives.

all 5 of the polls I listed earlier were Public, all 5 taken between November 10th and November 16th. I didnt include polls taken on the 9th for the obvious reason as i wouldnt know if the data itself was collected before or after the allegations were public, but if you include those, Moore's poll lead increases.

so that is 5 with Jones in the lead, 5 with Moore in the lead, not sure where you are getting 3 and 2 from unless you are looking at RCPs which as I said earlier, doesnt show all polls.
They're not the same Fox poll. They are 2 Fox10/Strategy Research polls, and both polls are from two completely different periods and with different sample sizes. And ALL of the polls in the period I'm referring to have been of likely voters, not registered voters. Also, ALL of the polls in the window I'm referring to have their sample size listed clear as day.

And an NRSC poll? I don't know what you're referring to. There is no publicly listed NRSC poll during the period of concern that I'm talking to on RCP. Also, I care less about polling differences between the same polling firm (irrelevant), but am instead looking at the trend across polling companies, which showed that Jones gained considerably. Seriously? When we look at whether someone is closing the gap/gaining in the polls, since when did it become common to only look at how someone is doing in polls produced by one particular company That's nonsense.

And what polls is RCP not including on their list? Sure, they don't include all of the public polls in their polling average (but that's because they only count the last 3-5 polls or so in their average), but they tend to include all public polling (unless there is a problem with the credibility of a poll in terms of methodology or the pollster didn't provide enough information to allow RCP to properly vet) in their overall listing of polls.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You don't have to be a leftist to see what is wrong with soliciting sex from a 14 year old. And stop the quibbling over the prefix to -phile. Moore is a effing pervert in anyone's lexicon except, apparently, for the pathetic people of Alabama. The Pedophile Party has a real standard bearer here. Good to see him pulling away in the polls.
No, you don't. But if you're committed to fairness and the rule of law, you should not be willing to convict someone in the court of public opinion (or otherwise) based on mere uncorroborated allegations. And don't look over it as quibbling, but rather as an educational moment to stop writing things that are factually untrue based on a simple lookup of the definition of the term.

Soliciting sex from a 14 year old would be horrible and worthy of jail time (if not worse). But I, unlike others, am not willing to condemn someone based on mere allegations of wrongdoing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections