Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 05:54 PM

1 posts, read 717 times

Advertisements

do you know the last date i have to resister
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 02:15 AM

1 posts, read 686 times
Post The Government

Ok let's get this straight, first off the Republicans have been running this country for 6 out of the 8 years and we have just fallen deeper and deeper. We have got into debt, wars (that were not necessary), oil problems, no healthcare for our people but, we spend trillions of dollars on wars that didnt even have to deal with 9/11, the dollar has fallen not including jobs meant for middle classed people are being exported to enlarge corporate profits. Lets be real since Republicans have been running this country, we have yet to improve but instead we worsen! I dont understand how you folks can say you dont like McCain but at the same time go and vote for him. Do you not know that your vote s being counted? Do you not know that since you dont like him, your adding a vote torwards his side? Ok dont you people understand that soldiers, who come back from wars, or get captured, they come home with problems? They are not stable what so ever, they have issues going on with their brains and they cant function like normal human beings. Do you not know that McCain went against the bill that was supposed to find a way to help get our soldiers back to normal? You dont like McCain, but your voting for him, your not voting for Obama because of what? Is it because of this RACE situation? This whole election boils down to RACE, we all know this. This is hella sad......You vote for someone who you dont like just to prevent a colored person from being in charge? Are you affraid of what might happen? WHATS THE REAL ISSUE? Ive said enough i cannot stess the fact that the government has been falling since republicans stepped in office anymore then i have done! [/u]

Last edited by yahoo18; 09-11-2008 at 02:16 AM.. Reason: misspelled words

Old 09-11-2008, 07:21 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,980,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I thought I might ask for a write in ballot and write in Huckabee's name. We need a decent person for president.
Huckabee is a Christian fundamentalist nutbag, IMO.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
I swear if Obama wins, I will walk out on the street and kill a random person.
Wow. That is the dumbest statement I have ever heard. I feel sorry for you.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
Only if Obama wins the nomination, otherwise I won't even bother. Though I will support McCain...
wait wait wait...so are you saying that Obama was your first choice, but that if Hillary had gotten the nomination, you would have gone with McCain?????
uhhh....what?!!?!

Old 09-11-2008, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
If my boyfriend and I can't vote for Hillary, we will be voting for McCain. If the DNC nominates someone other than Obama or Hillary, we might still vote Democratic. Honestly, I never really considered myself a diehard Democrat, but more someone that would vote for the best candidate offered regardless of party. MA has had many decent Republican governors. Over the years though, it's a shame that the Republican party has become so conservative, Christian and so pro-life. I wish that there were more moderates of both parties. I hate that the two parties are so much at odds now.
I do not understand people like you and your boyfriend. What constitutes "the best candidate" to you? People whose beliefs you agree with? People whose positions you support? That's what it is for most people. And if that is true for you, HOW in GOD'S NAME could you vote for McCain if you can't vote for HIllary! They are POLAR OPPOSITES!!

So, really, WHY - when Obama and Hillary are virtually identical on their positions - would you not vote Obama? McCain has shifted all hispositions to mirror Bush's. McCain is leading a campaign of smears and lies to prop himself up.
are you voting on "personality"?? Are you voting on the person you'd "like to have a beer with"?? Please, God, tell me you're not. This election is too important.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:33 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,821,925 times
I will be voting in the November election just as I have since 1968. It is my right and duty to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections