Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 12:55 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,397,634 times

Advertisements

I don't think it is so much a preference for white men as it is a distaste for TV stars with billions and dishonest SJWs.

Even the greater portion of dems have their limits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 01:06 PM

10,512 posts, read 5,181,280 times
I don't care if it's an old man, an older woman, or a person of color, I will vote for ANY candidate who will:

1. Implement affordable universal healthcare.
2. Implement affordable, debt free college for those who are academically qualified.
3. Implement a "living wage" so people can support themselves and get off of government assistance.
4. Fully embrace the science of climate change.
5. Crack down on the corruption and pay-for-play that Trump and the Republicans have maximized.
6. Bring civility back to the White House.

And I know there are MILLIONS of people who agree with me.

Old 01-15-2018, 01:25 PM

34,258 posts, read 18,631,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
As long as that person is a white man, right? More women than men in this country but there has not even been one woman in over 200 years. It's fine. It will be up to the younger women in this country to elect a woman once this generation has passed. Right now, we should nominate a white man because that will always be considered the best PERSON for the job.
Did you even read what I wrote?

Old 01-15-2018, 01:42 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,277,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I thought you folks would like to see what Oprah had to say about old white people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYM8mYfK_oE
Those prophetic words from Oprah about older White people at the very end "They have to die" are said with more than a little sense of gleeful anticipation.

Somehow, if it does come to pass that Oprah does run for election in 2020 , then these words as well as some other of her racist gems will come back to haunt her & rightly so.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:00 PM

1,018 posts, read 513,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
I don't care if it's an old man, an older woman, or a person of color, I will vote for ANY candidate who will:

2. Implement affordable, debt free college for those who are academically qualified.
3. Implement a "living wage" so people can support themselves and get off of government assistance.
5. Crack down on the corruption and pay-for-play that Trump and the Republicans have maximized.

1. I agree
2. And, how will that get paid for without going bankrupt?
3. I agree
4. Then the left should embrace the science of there being only 2 biological genders.
5. I agree, but there was corruption long before Trump.
6. Agreed.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:22 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,295,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You keep making that statement as if the Berniecrats are the majority in the party or the country, they are neither.
They are not the majority. I've never claimed they were. I've claimed that the (D)'s can't win without them.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:23 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,295,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I don't believe a woman can win at this point in time so I would prefer Democrats nominate a man. Woman are the majority but they do not support other women. There probably won't be a female president for decades at least. If Republicans believe they can elect a woman, let's see them nominate one (they won't).
If she wasn't corrupt, Hillary would have easily won.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:28 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,879,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/01/11/not-woke-in-new-poll-democrat-voters-prefer-old-white-men-to-oprah-elizabeth-warren/

Biden, Sanders lead over Oprah and Elizabeth Warren

You have a lot of nerve, at least we didn't vote for an old, white man this past election, you did. Well, he is kinda white, but mostly orange.

Old 01-15-2018, 08:04 PM

21,991 posts, read 15,743,872 times
Republican strategists think the biggest fear is someone like Joe Biden that can talk to the Rust Belt and would be more sympathetic to them, but apparently Mark Cuban is the one that most gets under Trump's skin:

"Billionaire Mark Cuban, a second former White House official noted, “gets under Trump’s skin like no one else — he knows how to needle this guy. He could get people around him to train him, and he’s naturally got charisma.”

And as many have speculated, Trump is just as likely not to run again:

“But there’s a high degree of speculation that he doesn’t run — he doesn’t appear to be having fun, he’s old and angry..."

The Democrat Trumpworld fears most
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...lection-340623

Old 01-15-2018, 08:49 PM

32,837 posts, read 19,521,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post

most people have common sense...so very few would agree with all of those

affordable universal healthcare..... no such thing.... your (or someone else) need a service that costs big money....

college should not be free..... otherwise you degrade to value of a degree

living wage??? for what area???? a living wage in Mississippi is not the same as NY,NY..... too bad liberals haven't figured out that "one size does not fit all"

climate change.... yes the climate is changing....has been for 4 billion years

pay to play....a liberal plan....

civility???? you mean like the way obozo divided this country???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections