Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 12:01 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The district zig zags around the Philly suburbs covering portions of Delaware, Chester & Montgomery Counties and then pushes further out covering parts of Berks and Lancaster County. None of the district covers Philly proper.
ok... and I am not even sure how a 'district' can zig-zag like that...

all I was saying is that Philadelphia county is the poorest county in PA.... which I did NOT know until I read the article

I also would never had guessed that Bronx county (part of NYC) was the poorest in NY...if you would have asked me, my guess would have been somewhere up near watertown(way up state), not NYC metro area

I found it interesting

as to the dimwit politician...word is he misused government funds...if true..he should be fired(if that was allowed in politics), not resign
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 02:06 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

all I was saying is that Philadelphia county is the poorest county in PA.... which I did NOT know until I read the article

I also would never had guessed that Bronx county (part of NYC) was the poorest in NY...if you would have asked me, my guess would have been somewhere up near watertown(way up state), not NYC metro area

I found it interesting

as to the dimwit politician...word is he misused government funds...if true..he should be fired(if that was allowed in politics), not resign

Districts can zig zag around like that due to gerrymandering. In this particular case, Republicans in the PA Legislature who were in control of redistricting tried to draw as many GOP districts as possible. The Philly suburbs are by in large Democratic leaning, so in order to create a GOP district in that area it needs to zig zag around like that.

The current maps were just thrown out by the PA supreme court and new ones ordered to be drawn that are more compact which the GOP has stated they will appeal.

Also while your points about the poor counties might be interesting I'm not sure what exactly the relevance is in a thread on Meehan's scandal or his open district as a result.

Old 01-27-2018, 03:20 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
wasn't being a SA, the district covers most of Philly county which is the poorest county in PA, the Bronx in NY, providence county in RI, windham county in CT

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...te/1045715001/
Quote:

I found it interesting

looking at Pennsylvania alone, the article is wrong. philadelphia county does not have the lowest median income in the state, highest poverty rate, or unemployment rate.

Quote:
To determine the poorest county in every state, 24/7 Wall St. reviewed data on median household income for every U.S. county with at least 10,000 residents with data from the U.S. Census Bureau’s American Community Survey.
so the poorest counties actually dont get counted because of low population

Old 01-27-2018, 06:35 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Good! He's an IDIOT.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:23 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,343,474 times
Quote:
its Phili

Philadelphia county is the poorest county in the entire state of PA... of course it would be heavy dem

BTW do you know what is the poorest county in NY...... the bronx
None of this is true. The poorest counties in NY and PA are rural counties, obviously.

Urban counties are the richest counties. Wealth is concentrated in metropolitan areas, not rural areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections