Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2008, 03:28 PM

3,695 posts, read 11,375,333 times

Advertisements

On Faux News with Sean Hannity, no less:

FOXNews.com - Exclusive: John McCain Sits Down With Sean Hannity - Sean Hannity | Alan Colmes | Hannity & Colmes (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,337834,00.html - broken link)

HANNITY: Senator Clinton claims that Barack Obama has not had the scrutiny that other candidates have had in this campaign.
There is a big emerging controversy about his pastor of 20 years, a man who went on a trip with Louis Farrakhan to Tripoli, a guy that has — his church has given a lifetime achievement award to Louis Farrakhan. We now have some of his sermons. He used "g-d America," "the U.S. of KKK of A." "The chickens have come home to roost," he said the Sunday after the attack on this country on 9/11.
He has called him — Barack has said of his pastor, his trusted adviser, he's proud of his pastor. He married him and his wife. He's baptized his kids.
Does that sound like a problem for you?
MCCAIN: I think that when people support you, it doesn't mean that you support everything they say. Obviously, those words and those statements are statements that none of us would associate ourselves with, and I don't believe that Senator Obama would support any of those, as well.
HANNITY: He's been — but he's been going to the church for 20 years. His pastor — the church gave a lifetime achievement award to one of the biggest racists and anti-Semites in the country, Louis Farrakhan. Would you go to a church that — where your pastor supported Louis Farrakhan?
MCCAIN: Obviously, that would not be my choice. But I do know Senator Obama. He does not share those views.
And we get sometimes — I don't — a lot of those statements I've just heard for the first time that you mentioned. But I know that, for example, I've had endorsements of some people that I didn't share their views...
HANNITY: Pastor Hagee recently, yes.
MCCAIN: ... but they endorsed mine. And so I think we've got to be very careful about that part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 03:30 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,004,293 times
He danced around the question like a politician

Old 03-25-2008, 03:46 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times
Yeah, same old thing - FOX News and Sean Hannity trying to make Obama look bad through guilt by association (YAWN!!!!!).

This is the second time I've seen a top Republican defend Obama on this issue. Huckabee did the same thing (he even went so far as to defend Wright).

Have to admit though, it's funny to see Hannity sputtering but not gaining any traction as his guest pulls the rug out from under him.

Ken

Old 03-25-2008, 04:58 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah, same old thing - FOX News and Sean Hannity trying to make Obama look bad through guilt by association (YAWN!!!!!).

This is the second time I've seen a top Republican defend Obama on this issue. Huckabee did the same thing (he even went so far as to defend Wright).

Have to admit though, it's funny to see Hannity sputtering but not gaining any traction as his guest pulls the rug out from under him.

Ken
That's the thing about Fox. They are not afraid to book guests with opposing opinons.

I'd like to see Olbermann take on someone who doesn't agree with him. Just once.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:10 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
That's the thing about Fox. They are not afraid to book guests with opposing opinons.
Yeah - RIGHT!

CLEARLY Hannity was EXPECTING McCain to agree with him and was frustrated when he did not.

Ken

Old 03-25-2008, 05:12 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah - RIGHT!

CLEARLY Hannity was EXPECTING McCain to agree with him and was frustrated when he did not.

Ken
So?

Again, though, one wonders: how would Olbermann deal with anyone who dared disagree with him?

Perhaps a repeat of his tenure at ESPN?

Keith Olbermann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-25-2008, 05:40 PM

775 posts, read 579,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
On Faux News with Sean Hannity, no less:

FOXNews.com - Exclusive: John McCain Sits Down With Sean Hannity - Sean Hannity | Alan Colmes | Hannity & Colmes (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,337834,00.html - broken link)

HANNITY: Senator Clinton claims that Barack Obama has not had the scrutiny that other candidates have had in this campaign.
There is a big emerging controversy about his pastor of 20 years, a man who went on a trip with Louis Farrakhan to Tripoli, a guy that has — his church has given a lifetime achievement award to Louis Farrakhan. We now have some of his sermons. He used "g-d America," "the U.S. of KKK of A." "The chickens have come home to roost," he said the Sunday after the attack on this country on 9/11.
He has called him — Barack has said of his pastor, his trusted adviser, he's proud of his pastor. He married him and his wife. He's baptized his kids.
Does that sound like a problem for you?
MCCAIN: I think that when people support you, it doesn't mean that you support everything they say. Obviously, those words and those statements are statements that none of us would associate ourselves with, and I don't believe that Senator Obama would support any of those, as well.
HANNITY: He's been — but he's been going to the church for 20 years. His pastor — the church gave a lifetime achievement award to one of the biggest racists and anti-Semites in the country, Louis Farrakhan. Would you go to a church that — where your pastor supported Louis Farrakhan?
MCCAIN: Obviously, that would not be my choice. But I do know Senator Obama. He does not share those views.
And we get sometimes — I don't — a lot of those statements I've just heard for the first time that you mentioned. But I know that, for example, I've had endorsements of some people that I didn't share their views...
HANNITY: Pastor Hagee recently, yes.
MCCAIN: ... but they endorsed mine. And so I think we've got to be very careful about that part.
If Hillary had only answered like McCain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections