Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2018, 09:30 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
That's your counter-argument?
HAHA...that's why I don't post in P&C often.

Hey I'm trying to help you - give you advice to focus on your efforts. You should thank me.
Thank you for telling me to work on an issue that I've been working on for about 10 years? Nope, don't think I will.

Just because I sometimes vent here doesn't mean that I need your advice on how to support causes I believe in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 09:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
When do we get to see Trump's medical records?
Give it up for heavens sake: 1-we all know how you feel: 2-his medical records are private and no one has a right to even question this. We are not talking college records or something like that and 3-we have heard from his doctor over and over, Now, add to that, we have no visual reasons to doubt his health, we do hers. Can you really say I am wrong about this?

Old 07-10-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Losing nominee Mitt Romney is the GOP nominee for Senator from Utah, yet Hillary Clinton is supposed to never go out in public again.

Yep, move along folks, no double standard to see here.

And someone needs to look up the definition of "violence" as they clearly don't know what it means.
come on, that is totally different and you know it. Sometimes your reasoning is a little off. There have been many Presidentual candidates who have lost the primary or general election and gone on to serve in other political positions, plus be reasonable: no one is saying she can't run, what is being said is she a two time loser and it would be a waste most likely for her to try again. If you are a true democrat I would think you would hope she will not run again.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Give it up for heavens sake: 1-we all know how you feel: 2-his medical records are private and no one has a right to even question this. We are not talking college records or something like that and 3-we have heard from his doctor over and over, Now, add to that, we have no visual reasons to doubt his health, we do hers. Can you really say I am wrong about this?
No reason to doubt the health of an obese 72 year old man who eats tons of fast food and other crap? Who frequently speaks in garbled language and doesn't seem to remember what he just said? Seriously? He's a walking heart attack waiting to happen.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
come on, that is totally different and you know it. Sometimes your reasoning is a little off. There have been many Presidentual candidates who have lost the primary or general election and gone on to serve in other political positions, plus be reasonable: no one is saying she can't run, what is being said is she a two time loser and it would be a waste most likely for her to try again. If you are a true democrat I would think you would hope she will not run again.
I already said that I think she's not planning to run again. But the point is that she gets attacked for everything she says and does, and for merely being out in public. Gee, I wonder why that is, when other losing nominees, all men of course, are free to do whatever they want including run for office and no one says how dare they do anything but stay home and knit.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:45 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,975,653 times
she will likely let Biden and Warren decide first whether they will run... if they don’t don’t and having considered other factors, she must just throw herself in.

She has strong Dem support in big states (she won CA TX FL NY PA OH NJ MA AZ twice in the primaries)... even against Obama

In the general election against trump , she just needs to
1. Hold the 5 states she won by the narrowest margins (New Hampshire, Minnesota, Nevada, Maine, Colorado)
2. win back Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin
3. Take a shot at winning the next 4 states she lost last time in case she loses any of MI WI PA (Florida, Arizona, North Carolina, Georgia)

Old 07-10-2018, 09:53 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Thank you for telling me to work on an issue that I've been working on for about 10 years? Nope, don't think I will.

Just because I sometimes vent here doesn't mean that I need your advice on how to support causes I believe in.
Well that's great for being politically active - I support that even though it appears I don't agree with your politics. I see you are from Colorado however. Not sure what you have to complain about in your state as from the GOP perspective one could claim that party got ripped off - Hillary got 48% of the vote there as opposed to Trump at 43%... but 100% of the electoral votes when to Hillary. That includes one electoral vote where the person refused to cast a vote for Hillary and was replaced via court order. So it seem you got the best of both worlds in your state...but is it fair for you to tell the rest of the states how we should manage the electoral voting system?

Old 07-10-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Losing nominee Mitt Romney is the GOP nominee for Senator from Utah, yet Hillary Clinton is supposed to never go out in public again.

Yep, move along folks, no double standard to see here.

And someone needs to look up the definition of "violence" as they clearly don't know what it means.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:
No reason to doubt the health of an obese 72 year old man who eats tons of fast food and other crap? Who frequently speaks in garbled language and doesn't seem to remember what he just said? Seriously? He's a walking heart attack waiting to happen.
obviously you are showing your prejudice against slightly overweight people. He isn't obese by any means, do you even know the breakdown of obese? Obviously you do not. Is he overweight? Well being none of us have a clue how much he does weigh none of us know, but he does appear to have extra lbs. As for junk food, yes, he does love it, and he doesn't deny that, but tons: don't you think you are exaggerating about that? How much is a ton or do you know? How well did he handle the campaign and how well does he appear to be handling his presidency? Will he have a heart attack, well anyone can have one at anytime and with the pressure someone running the country is under it might be more likely he would have one more quickly than say, you or even me. I am much older then him, I am sure more over weight but am, according to my doctors in very good health.

If I remember right, we had one president in modern time who was not overweight and had 2 heart attacks while in office. And then of course there was Johnson.

You mention Warren and Biden: Biden is another one that should not even be considering a run. Of course whether he is considering one or it is just the media trying to dig up news we don't really know. Warren, think her exaggeration about her heritage will be the end of her, if she were to seriously consider a run.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:12 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
I hope she runs again, with VP Maxine Waters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections