Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 03:32 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,270,612 times

Advertisements

Asia Times Online :: Asian News, Business and Economy.

Quote:
Obama profiles Americans the way anthropologists interact with primitive peoples. He holds his own view in reserve and emphatically draws out the feelings of others; that is how friends and colleagues describe his modus operandi since his days at the Harvard Law Review, through his years as a community activist in Chicago, and in national politics. Anthropologists, though, proceed from resentment against the devouring culture of America and sympathy with the endangered cultures of the primitive world. Obama inverts the anthropological model: he applies the tools of cultural manipulation out of resentment against America. The probable next president of the United States is a mother's revenge against the America she despised.
obama will get a tirade of accusations for being unAmerican, so lets have a go at it: what s to be proud of ??? :P

in answer to whether granny would be better prez, Grandma and mamma made BO who he was :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 09:09 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,990,743 times
Expat007 - No one seems to want to touch this thread.

I think that it is certainly an interesting article...Perhaps it is too in depth for the "usual suspects" to handle.

I am not that familiar with Obama, nor his background, to make any type of valuable observation or comment - But, I would certainly like to see comments about it from some of Obama's supporters...

To answer your question "what's to be proud of ?...

How about - In a country of a large and strong white majority, a person of color (part being that of a minority of about 15% of the population) get's a real opportunity to run for the top single leadership position of that country...And his possible success depends on him, and only him...Not on a secret society of 100 controlling white men,.. Not on extracted sympathy votes "Oh!..He'll never get elected, because of his color"...It's simply up to him to prove that he is worthy of the position - Just like every other person...

That's something to be proud of in this country...And, we can go on from there...

Last edited by migee; 03-30-2008 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: to complete posting response

Old 03-30-2008, 10:24 PM

Wow and i thought you were anti OBAMA

Simply, America can be better, can be stronger without making everyone else weaker

Old 03-30-2008, 10:40 PM

374 posts, read 231,553 times
An article in the ASIA times....a communist country?OK.....I\'ll really read into that.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:49 PM

2 posts, read 7,613 times
I plan to vote for Obama, if he is the Democratic canidate! Wish I could get in on the primary, but I can't! I like what he says and I don't want Hilary or McCain! No, I am not a man, nor black! I am a middle aged married white woman living in Eastern Montana!

Old 03-30-2008, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
To answer your question "what's to be proud of ?...

How about - In a country of a large and strong white majority, a person of color (part being that of a minority of about 15% of the population) get's a real opportunity to run for the top single leadership position of that country...And his possible success depends on him, and only him...Not on a secret society of 100 controlling white men,.. Not on extracted sympathy votes "Oh!..He'll never get elected, because of his color"...It's simply up to him to prove that he is worthy of the position - Just like every other person...

That's something to be proud of in this country...And, we can go on from there...

thats exactly what Michelle Obama says and she gets labelled anti-american LOL

You just cant pelase everyone

Old 03-30-2008, 10:52 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,197,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets agree to disagree View Post
An article in the ASIA times....a communist country?OK.....I\'ll really read into that.
Asia is a communist country? If you have the time, please toss me a link to a map that shows the country of Asia on it because my map is sorely out of date.

Old 03-31-2008, 05:09 AM

9 posts, read 26,565 times
Default A truly disturbing piece on Obama

Though I strongly disliked Obama to begin with, this piece made some even more disturbing accusations. If even 1/2 of them are true, it's still far too many.

[moderator cut: blog link]

Last edited by madicarus2000; 03-31-2008 at 04:30 PM.. Reason: deleted link

Old 03-31-2008, 07:15 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,570,586 times
let's psycho analyze Barack to death, I bet if he was just some booger eating rap ghetto boy we would just toss him into the wind. Instead we have a very gifted American who understands what the US Constitution is about unlike our current President.

Revenge? about what?

Old 03-31-2008, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
let's psycho analyze Barack to death, I bet if he was just some booger eating rap ghetto boy we would just toss him into the wind. Instead we have a very gifted American who understands what the US Constitution is about unlike our current President.

Revenge? about what?
Revenge for American fascism
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections