Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 03:43 AM

16 posts, read 47,824 times

Advertisements

I tuned into Fox news and there was O'reilly again talkin bout Jeremiah Wright and O'Reilly was all like trying to make it seem like Pastor Wright was the one who was the racist, but O'reilly is really the racist cause he just cant let it go and even he wants hillary to win cause O'Reilly cant stand that a man of color may win. O'Reilly had some brother on who was defendin Pastor Wright but Clansman O'Reilly was interuptin him and kept playing the little part over again, like after thousands of years of opresion it matters and Pastor Wright just says it like it is anyway no big deal but then KKK O'Reilly keeps hackin at it. It just aint cool and I give total props to whosever was denfended da good pastor. Next time O'Reilly should wear his white hood and be honest bout what he thinkin, know what i'm sayin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 04:10 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LABrutha View Post
I tuned into Fox news and there was O'reilly again talkin bout Jeremiah Wright and O'Reilly was all like trying to make it seem like Pastor Wright was the one who was the racist, but O'reilly is really the racist cause he just cant let it go and even he wants hillary to win cause O'Reilly cant stand that a man of color may win. O'Reilly had some brother on who was defendin Pastor Wright but Clansman O'Reilly was interuptin him and kept playing the little part over again, like after thousands of years of opresion it matters and Pastor Wright just says it like it is anyway no big deal but then KKK O'Reilly keeps hackin at it. It just aint cool and I give total props to whosever was denfended da good pastor. Next time O'Reilly should wear his white hood and be honest bout what he thinkin, know what i'm sayin?
You are so right. Unfortunately, this country and the world are burdened by this type of ignorant element. It certainly fuels the feeble, ridiculous opposition to the great Obama. O'Reilly is better suited for shooting road signs out in the back roads than he is in the public eye making a fool of himself. Shameful segment of this country, one that has put and supported the ever-pathetic Bush. The country is bottom-heavy with these types.

Old 04-01-2008, 04:13 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,353,570 times
Yes, I agree. Lou Dobbs has been doing about the same. Every night he says that Obama just can't let it go, that he keeps bringing up the Wright issues, but Obama is only answering questions, so every night I listen to Lou Dobbs putting down Obama.

Then I decided to watch Real Time with Bill Maher. Ah, a relief. One of the men on his show said something that made sense to me. This was in regards to Rev. Wright: "If you love your country you will rebuke it and don't excuse its sins," which is what Rev. Wright was doing. Then he went on to say that the white man's attack on Rev. Wright is racism. And that there is a double standard. I saw that myself when people ignore the fact that McCain asked a preacher, Rev. Hagee to support him, and Hagee says about the same things as Wright, only what Hagee says is so offensive that I can't stand to listen to him. And then the mention of Pat Buchanan and his racism comes up, but it is okay for a white person to say these things. I have not once heard Lou Dobbs or other newscasters chastise McCain for asking Rev. Hagee to support him, nor have I heard them bringing up Buchanan. It certainly is a double standard. The idea is to keep a black man out of the white house by their constant harrassment of him.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:32 AM

893 posts, read 791,533 times
Flipping through the channels I caught parts of the interviews and had to keep changing it because he (OReilly) made me so uncomfortable. I just wish he would let his guests talk. It's like you're at a party and somebody is drunk and making a ass of themselves, just kind of embarrassing, you just want them to stop. Why have guests if you're gonna be a jerk to them.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:49 AM

113 posts, read 277,507 times
Of course! Everything is racism. Nothing wrong with what this pimp/pastor said! He just said "like it is". God damn America!, Jesus was a black man!! I guess, it is all about racism. Nothing wrong with the pastor at all, it is all Whitey conspiracy!

Old 04-01-2008, 06:03 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruikshl View Post
Flipping through the channels I caught parts of the interviews and had to keep changing it because he (OReilly) made me so uncomfortable. I just wish he would let his guests talk. It's like you're at a party and somebody is drunk and making a ass of themselves, just kind of embarrassing, you just want them to stop. Why have guests if you're gonna be a jerk to them.
O'Reilly isn't a newsman. He's an entertainer. He's role-playing for his Fox News audience. They want to see "tough-guy" Bill beat up on some nasty "lib" each night. That's what keeps them tuning in.

Information? An opposing point of view? Analysis? That's not what they're interested in. They just want to go to bed feeling good each night that their hero has slayed another left-wing dragon for them.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:23 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
trying to make it seem like Pastor Wright was the one who was the racist
He is indeed a racist and an anti-semite.

Where were you and your rantings and calls of racism when the Clintons (bubba) played the race card in S. Carolina. Where was your outrage then? Afterall, they started this, didn't they?

This will be the doom of Obama. The polls show among independents/moderates, it has hurt him tremendously. Amoung his supporters, I would venture to say they were not terribly offended by the pastors comments because.....they probably agreed with him.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:23 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,829,024 times
It's tough when they can back up news reports with factual video.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:27 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
It's tough when they can back up news reports with factual video.
So true. And in the general, you can bet your bippy, it will be brought up again, and again, and again, as it should be. He still has not given a straight answer why he stayed for so long listening to this garbage.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:43 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,121,052 times
Jerimiah Wright should be an embarassment to every person who calls themselves a Christian.

Instead of preaching the holy messiah's message of love and forgiveness, Jerimiah Wright chose to desecrate a house of worship with vulgar filthy language. He denegrated womanhood and made a racial slur about the former first lady of the United States. He talked about and described a sex act using motions of his hips, mouth and hand from behind the pulpit in talking about Bill Clinton's affair in the oval office. He shouted over and over "God Damn America" in front of men, women and children in a house of worship. These are only a few of the filthy, vulgar, racist, sexist things he said from an altar in a house of God.

These newcasters are right to expose this filthy little man posing as a messenger of Christianity but delivering a message from satan.

These is no excuse for his filthy vulgarity. no explanation that "oh it's just a soundbite" is acceptable. No "it was taken out of context" excuses the fact that HE SAID IT IN A HOLY HOUSE OF GOD AND DESECRATED THE HOLY ALTAR.

The non-Christain world is always looking for a way to embarrass, belittle and put down Christianity. They will use Jerimiah Wright's soundbites to show what they call the "Hypocrisy of Christianity".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections