Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 10:51 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Good riddance traitor!

Patriots slowly but surely taking back the country.

Republican dubbed 'Russia's favorite congressman' loses seat after 30 years

Next to go is Russia's favorite president.

Good Riddance to another jerkwad!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 10:59 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
I guess the Dem candidate colluded with Russia if you follow Loony Logic.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:37 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
The only candidate who colluded with Russia was Hillary.

When the Senate Judiciary Committee is back in action in January headed by Sen. Lindsey Graham, things will get exciting. There is a reason when he interviewed Judge Kavanaugh he asked him about military tribunals. We will find out in a couple of months. Listen very carefully to Graham and then read the comments under the video (you have to find the video on the main youtube site) by those of us who know why Graham discussed this. Mainstream media has been censoring the news so many of you are clueless as to what has really happened.

Instead of using 'colluded' above, I should have typed 'collaborated.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_gmOsnjrZw

Old 11-20-2018, 10:00 PM

13,273 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Looks like you're lost touch with your hometown. It's not the Orange County of John Wayne and Ronald Reagan anymore, though it's still fairly Republican.

Well, Rohrabacher actually was pro-cannabis. And remember, California passed a law that legalized cannabis use recently. That stance didn't hurt him politically. The reference to labor unions is kind of null - Orange County wasn't and isn't known to be union friendly.

What didn't help ol' Dana was his doubling down on Trump, where many of the affluent, well-educated voters in his district found distasteful. Neither did his hardline stance on immigration (anyone remember Prop 187 back in 1994 - which set the gradual decline of the California GOP), particularly as Orange County's demographics changed (more Latino and Asian - and they're not necessarily wild eyed liberals either). He's also a bit homophobic, which doesn't play well in today's Orange County - where people are pretty much live and let live in terms of lifestyle. The connection with Putin was an additional liability.

And finally, I think Rohrabacher just got too complacent - he hadn't had to deal with significant political opposition in his district for decades. Rouda isn't a wild lefty (in fact he used to be a Republican), but a real estate entrepreneur.
That's what I'm saying Orange county turned much more liberal over the last 25 years. Sacramento doesn't do anything without union bosses giving the nod. I know this from someone who worked there for 20 years with state government. Direct quote from him was unions directly control who gets elected what they do.

Old 11-22-2018, 10:32 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
That's what I'm saying Orange county turned much more liberal over the last 25 years. Sacramento doesn't do anything without union bosses giving the nod. I know this from someone who worked there for 20 years with state government. Direct quote from him was unions directly control who gets elected what they do.
Well, Dana R is in Congress, which is the Federal level. He has nothing to do with state level politics, nor unions.

In any case, he had a chance of holding on to his seat if he was indepedent enough to buck the Trump agenda enough. To his credit, he did vote against the tax bill which limited the SALT deduction, but that wasn't enough. And being seen as Putin's handmaiden probably didn't sit well with the more conservative, flag waving types.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:05 PM

13,273 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Voters in Orange county have become much more liberal I left the state in 1990's for free state of AZ sure glad I did went from an apartment to a 2200 SQ foot home here. Don't have to deal with stupid gun laws either my family and friends all had to send their illegal firearms to me hold for them until they retire and move out of the Communist state.

Old 11-29-2018, 10:41 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Voters in Orange county have become much more liberal I left the state in 1990's for free state of AZ sure glad I did went from an apartment to a 2200 SQ foot home here. Don't have to deal with stupid gun laws either my family and friends all had to send their illegal firearms to me hold for them until they retire and move out of the Communist state.
Well, judging by your over-the-top rhetoric, I guess you're pining for the old John Birch Society, Bill Dannemeyer kind of Orange County. I wouldn't necessarily call Arpaio's and Pearce's home state "free", but to each his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections