Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 06:57 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,094,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
The Iraq Occupation today is NOT A WAR!

Get it straight!

The MISSION of America's military presence in Iraq TODAY is to perform a POLICE ACTION as an AID in NATION BUILDING!

The fact that McCain continues to call this POLICE ACTION a WAR shows that he is either (a) out of touch with reality, (b) disingenuous with the American People to a fault and thus not ethically qualified to be President, or (c) believes that the Vietnam precedent causes all American politicians to be confused forever into the future regarding what is or is not a DECLARED WAR with its attendant SHARED SACRIFICES of all Americans!

Sheesh!
Technically, it is still a war zone and that is important for the servicemen over there fighting when they come back some of their entitlements and taxes are more favorable so long as Iraq and other areas continue to be deemed so.

FWIW anyway.

McCain is right about the area, should we leave too quickly it could jeopardize the country. And if we had to go back there (Obama suggests he would if "needed") it will cost MANY more lives to restabilize the area than it would to keep a "policing force".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 07:11 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,899,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trzlucky View Post
I would implore anybody that is going to continue to quote the "100 years" comment by McCain and is too lazy to read or watch that entire town hall meeting, read this. It really shows that McCain understands the situation, while the two democratic candidates are off in "la-la land," though they are starting to realize that they have to look at Iraq more realistically.

washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines

Hey good luck getting people to read anything in context. I have been trying to get people around here to read Rev. Wright's sermons in context without much luck.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:18 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
Ed Shultz speaks his mind

The guy is a voice for hire, his views and alliances go no further then who gives him his next paycheck. I know that doesn't make him unique, lots of people will say anything for the almighty dollar but I just wanted to give a word of warning for those who think he is in anyway different from the windbags on the far right.
Yep, you're apparently right. They had an expanded explanation this evening on CNN. Ed Shultz called McCain a "war-monger" when he was warming up the crowd at an Obama event. THAT is why it reflected on the Obama campaign and why Obama's people stepped back from the remark.

Schultz was on CNN tonight trying to say he wasn't speaking for Obama or the campaign. Of course he was called on it -- Campbell Brown said something to the effect of "Uh, hello, you were speaking at an Obama rally!"

Old 04-08-2008, 01:11 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Definition of "warmonger":

One who advocates or attempts to stir up war.

Fits old John(Bomb Bomb Bomb Iran) McCain to a "T".

Old 04-08-2008, 06:52 AM

540 posts, read 962,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
I happen to love Ed Schultz and listen to him everyday. Ed speaks his mind which I find very refreshing. There are these three words that people seem to forget when they hear something they don't agree with and its FREEDOM OF SPEECH! Ed Schultz has every right to say anything he wants on his radio show. Ed is not even involved with Obama's campaign so I cannot understand why Obama should even been forced to respond. Shame on McCain for making such a big deal about it. You want to point some fingers, lets go over to Rush Limbaugh's show and hear the trash that comes out of that man's mouth. McCain has received a HUGE FREE PASS from the media and should be prepared for what is coming in the General election. His "FREE PASS" days are numbered.
You put "McCain", "Free Pass", and "Ruch Limbaugh" together? That is comical. Limbaugh has been far harder on McCain than he has been on either of the Democrats. The press hasn't given McCain a "free press," but he is already a known quantity so there is less for them to go after. The American people already know him. The press has vetted him for years. It's Obama that we really don't know and I am glad that the press has finally started to wake up and realize that.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:19 AM

Big Ed is on now...not backing down on his statement and providing plenty of proof "warmonger" is correct.

Anyone dare listen? Anyone dare call ?
He doesn't screen his calls like the righties but he doesn't tolerate fools lightly....so have your ducks in a row.

Reminds me of how a few years ago some said the Ed Schultz show would never succeed....it did and with lightning speed

Old 04-08-2008, 10:36 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,465,183 times
Go Big Ed! He doesn't back down an inch. You gotta love his determination and sticking by his words. He jokingly mentioned about making T-Shirts with "warmonger" on it with a photo of McCain. HA! I think that would be a big sale item and he should go for it..

Old 04-08-2008, 10:46 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Big Ed is on now...not backing down on his statement and providing plenty of proof "warmonger" is correct.

Anyone dare listen? Anyone dare call ?
He doesn't screen his calls like the righties but he doesn't tolerate fools lightly....so have your ducks in a row.

Reminds me of how a few years ago some said the Ed Schultz show would never succeed....it did and with lightning speed
I'll give Ed that, he won't back down from talking to anyone. That said, I trust the guy about as far as I could throw him. He has burned a lot of bridges in Fargo and ND with his antics.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
I'll give Ed that, he won't back down from talking to anyone. That said, I trust the guy about as far as I could throw him. He has burned a lot of bridges in Fargo and ND with his antics.

So? A big mouth is bound to make some enemies....but Ed backs up his statements...he gives proof , examples, interviews to back up what he says.

What don't you trust about him? If he's wrong you can always call /email him with proof he's wrong.

Besides, talk show hosts shouldn't be trusted "out of hand". Nor should anyone else unless they offer proof of their statements...Ed does.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:42 AM

Listening to Ed's report of McCain's anti-veteran voting record ?

He's not lying...it's all there ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections