Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2020, 09:40 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,379,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
That sounds like desperation, not enthusiasm.

Meanwhile, the party bosses are finally admitting Biden was never electable and throwing in Cuomo as the new not-Sanders.
See you in November. The sane American populace is sick of Trump. He is an incompetent fool. Joe Biden will do a fine job. I hope he chooses Amy Klobuchar as his VP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2020, 11:33 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,824,933 times
Joe Biden won't do anything the party big wigs tell him to do.... he would be a good dog, .... fetch.

Old 04-02-2020, 11:42 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,105,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
See you in November. The sane American populace is sick of Trump. He is an incompetent fool. Joe Biden will do a fine job. I hope he chooses Amy Klobuchar as his VP.
Usually candidates who run simply on “I’m. It the other guy!” Have a history of losing (Kerry, Romney, Hillary). Not sure if Biden will break the trend

Old 04-02-2020, 11:43 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times
The Democrats have postponed their convention until August 17, two weeks before Labor Day, which is the traditional kickoff day for the final stretch of the general election contest which ends with the election in November.
Quote:
Democratic National Convention postponed to August due to coronavirus concerns

The Democratic National Convention will be postponed until August due to coronavirus concerns, planners said Thursday, in a historic and stunning change to the presidential election calendar.

The convention committee said the event will be held the week of Aug. 17, in Milwaukee, Wis. It was originally slated for July 13-16.
Presumably this will provide the Republicans with the opportunity to conduct their convention the last week of August, as the party in power normally hold their convention last.

Old 04-08-2020, 11:12 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times
Bernie Sanders is out.
Bernie Sanders suspends his presidential campaign

Bernie Sanders is suspending his 2020 presidential campaign, ceding the Democratic nomination to Joe Biden after a string of losses last month crippled his campaign.

Old 04-08-2020, 11:18 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,740,882 times
And then there was one -- Creepy, Sexual Assaulter, Sleepy, Alzheimer's patient Joe Biden.

Dems, what the ever living hell?? I'm not a partisan and I did in fact want to see a strong Democrat running. Why in the hell did you pick Joe Biden???

Old 04-08-2020, 11:25 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,832,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Bernie Sanders is out.
Bernie Sanders suspends his presidential campaign

Bernie Sanders is suspending his 2020 presidential campaign, ceding the Democratic nomination to Joe Biden after a string of losses last month crippled his campaign.
As I mentioned in another thread, Jim Clyburn killed his campaign, IMO.

Old 04-08-2020, 12:49 PM

40,954 posts, read 49,221,262 times
The head Clown has now been chosen.

Wishing him good health till November and hopefully he remembers there is an election.

And Bernie gets a 4th house, probably in Hawaii.

Old 04-08-2020, 02:00 PM

1,411 posts, read 566,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Say what you will about Trump, but stating that Biden "will do a fine job" is laughable.
He is the epitome of a lifetime political hack, mendacious, insincere, unscrupulous, and ruthless .Now, though , just a doddering old fool, who has been dead wrong on just about every policy position he has taken in his undistinguished career.

Old 04-08-2020, 04:20 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,379,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Usually candidates who run simply on “I’m. It the other guy!” Have a history of losing (Kerry, Romney, Hillary). Not sure if Biden will break the trend
This is a different world today. Millions of voters realize Trump is not competent to do the job. Biden is smart and experienced and his brain is fine. Those who think he has dementia are watching too much FOX News, with their photoshopped videos. Granted he doesn’t have a sparkling personality, but voters are ready for a President they feel they can trust to lead our country.

Trump is only out for himself. He will steal as much as he can from our government. He is firing career professionals whom he thinks might stop him. He scares me bigly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections