Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 05:35 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I agree completely! I don’t understand how there are still democrats who say they will not vote for the dem candidate if they don’t meet whatever ideal.

I mean, have we learned nothing from this current poop show??

Dems, you are not going to get the perfect person/candidate. Regardless, you have to vote and vote smart. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’m completely disgusted by what I’ve seen from the GOP these past few years. I will vote for whatever democrat is on the ballot. We are in an emergency situation here. Please don’t be naive, people.
Agreed, no more purity tests! God I would've hoped we'd be over this after 4 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 05:40 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Agreed, no more purity tests! God I would've hoped we'd be over this after 4 years.
When was there ever a purity test, for Obama, Hillary?

I remember in 08 Obama and Hillary supporters were arguing which candidate was further to the right and less left wing (!!).

Bernie is the only choice.

Old 01-21-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
When was there ever a purity test, for Obama, Hillary?

I remember in 08 Obama and Hillary supporters were arguing which candidate was further to the right and less left wing (!!).

Bernie is the only choice.
Purity tests from the Bernie wing helped defeat Hillary.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Purity tests from the Bernie wing helped defeat Hillary.
Hillary won the primary. More Bernie voters voted for her than Hillary voters did for Obama in 08.

Fact of the matter is that Hillary lost on her own accord. Stop supporting right wing candidates.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:04 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
She is CNN's choice so like it or not she will be the Dem candidate. Those of us in CA have known this for awhile and it will take something unexpected for anything else to happen.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:08 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,288,918 times
Quote:
One would think. Some people never learn, though.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
One would think. Some people never learn, though.
What Purity test, not being a right wing candidate.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:19 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Wait.

Didn't Hillary claim a Woman can't win it?

Old 01-21-2019, 06:45 PM

1,733 posts, read 948,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Kamala Harris is just another far-left loon who isn't going to care about you or anyone else. After all, she refused to listen to some Angel moms who recently lost their children who had been murdered by illegal aliens.

It won't matter which ignorant, delusional Democrat gets nominated; that candidate will still lose to Trump next year.

Exactly. Also, the way she conducted herself during the Kavanaugh hearings was despicable.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Hillary won the primary. More Bernie voters voted for her than Hillary voters did for Obama in 08.

Fact of the matter is that Hillary lost on her own accord. Stop supporting right wing candidates.
They cost her in the general, or did you forget? Yes, Hillary lost for many reasons, but the election was so close that any single factor could have changed the outcome. Some didn't vote, some voted for Trump, others defected for Jill Stein. In fact, it was not an insignificant number of them. The fact is, I'd rather support a "right wing" Democrat than Trump. You know why? Because I'm not a single-issue voter, and we can't always have everything we want. The fact is these "right wing" Democrats which you decry are far better for the country than anyone the Republicans have been willing to offer up. Doesn't climate change matter? Doesn't the Supreme Court matter? Doesn't healthcare matter?

I'm with you in spirit politically, but at the same time as voters we need to be pragmatic when we're offered two choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections