Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 11:51 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,404,249 times

Advertisements

Former Starbuck's CEO Howard Shultz, a long-time Democrat, is now considering a run at the White House as an Independent.
Shultz recently announced he was leaving the Democratic party. His fortune is estimated at around $3 Billion, about the size of Trump's in 2016, so Shultz could self-fund his campaign if he wants to.

Shultz believes the national deficit- now around $21.5 Trillion- is so large that if steps aren't taken, it will sink our economy, and he believes both parties are too irresponsible to ever address it now.

He also believes that if the deficit isn't under control, universal health care could ruin the economy. But if the deficit was addressed, the health care for all could actually save money for the nation.

Shultz' company has given him a lot of experience in looking at some of America's most nagging problems that are plaguing our retail sector.

He's had to deal with those problems too, and during his reign at Starbuck's, the company he founded when he was as poor as a church mouse, has grown Starbuck's from one coffee shop to an international business that's now found all over the planet.

If he is serious, he could throw a big monkey wrench into the 2020 election, and from what I've seen of him, I think it's possible he does have a chance of become the first Independent President ever.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b06ba6d3be4904
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 12:41 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,920,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Former Starbuck's CEO Howard Shultz, a long-time Democrat, is now considering a run at the White House as an Independent.
Shultz recently announced he was leaving the Democratic party. His fortune is estimated at around $3 Billion, about the size of Trump's in 2016, so Shultz could self-fund his campaign if he wants to.

Shultz believes the national deficit- now around $21.5 Trillion- is so large that if steps aren't taken, it will sink our economy, and he believes both parties are too irresponsible to ever address it now.

He also believes that if the deficit isn't under control, universal health care could ruin the economy. But if the deficit was addressed, the health care for all could actually save money for the nation.

Shultz' company has given him a lot of experience in looking at some of America's most nagging problems that are plaguing our retail sector.

He's had to deal with those problems too, and during his reign at Starbuck's, the company he founded when he was as poor as a church mouse, has grown Starbuck's from one coffee shop to an international business that's now found all over the planet.

If he is serious, he could throw a big monkey wrench into the 2020 election, and from what I've seen of him, I think it's possible he does have a chance of become the first Independent President ever.

I'm very interested in learning more about his potential campaign.

Old 01-28-2019, 12:58 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,150,313 times
Quote:

There seem to be some very promising candidates throwing their hats into the ring (thankfully no MAGA hats) but I believe that some should join forces to make a dynamo administration as this is what is needed to undo the damage and dismantling of our democracy and governement that the GOP has so diabolically proliferated. This guy also has great forward-thinking ideas...

https://www.yang2020.com/

Old 01-28-2019, 01:04 AM

19,823 posts, read 22,721,802 times
GarEAT!!!

Old 01-28-2019, 01:09 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,682,785 times
The bartender and the coffee bistro campaign.
Sounds like people are thirsty or democrats are out of Kool Aid.

Old 01-28-2019, 01:11 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,305,539 times
Quote:

Trump is the first independent president ever. But I would certainly listen to what Shultz has to say. I'm not sure I could vote for him, but anyone who is actually talking about the national debt has my attention. The politicians have failed us and they have failed us bigly. It's why Trump got elected in the first place. Most of the democrat's candidates couldn't run a lemonade stand -- all they are selling is who can hate Trump the most.

Old 01-28-2019, 01:13 AM

19,823 posts, read 22,721,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Trump is the first independent president ever. But I would certainly listen to what Schultz has to say. I'm not sure I could vote for him, but anyone who is actually talking about the national debt has my attention.
No he’s not. Please.

Old 01-28-2019, 04:04 AM

11,857 posts, read 5,829,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Trump is the first independent president ever. But I would certainly listen to what Shultz has to say. I'm not sure I could vote for him, but anyone who is actually talking about the national debt has my attention. The politicians have failed us and they have failed us bigly. It's why Trump got elected in the first place. Most of the democrat's candidates couldn't run a lemonade stand -- all they are selling is who can hate Trump the most.
I just read this article and in some ways he sounds like he may have some good ideas - on other things I'd disagree with him - just as I have Trump - the problem is that so much can be promised but you never know if they'll be able to deliver. Like Trump having trouble getting support from Republicans when so many things could have been accomplished - this guy would definitely have problems getting support from many Democrats.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...id/2697023002/

Old 01-28-2019, 04:20 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,378,094 times
Wouldn't he pull his votes from left leaners and disenchanted Dems?

Old 01-28-2019, 04:24 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,305,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Wouldn't he pull his votes from left leaners and disenchanted Dems?
I think a guy like this would pull votes from the democrats more than the republicans, but he could clean up with independents who like some of Trump's ideas but are sick and tired of the circus. I need to find out more about his plans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections