Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 03:23 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Hahahaha. This will be fun to watch. The Dem presidential candidate circus just got another participant.

I think AOC should throw her hat in the ring too. I mean why not?

EW is like watching a slow-motion train wreck.
Because she's too young. You have to be at least 35 by Inauguration Day, and AOC is only 29.

She could run in 2024. She will turn 35 a few weeks before the 2024 general election.

ETA:....as an aside, a few minutes ago on CNN, SE Cupp listed the candidates that Elizabeth Warren is behind re polling support (percentage) among Democrats, and included among those candidates was.....Trump !

Last edited by RMESMH; 02-09-2019 at 04:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2019, 03:47 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,342,596 times
I liked it when she praised the young Kennedybot as “fighting for climate change.”

What kind of climate do you think he might be fighting for? Surely not Bahstan.

Old 02-09-2019, 04:04 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,146,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Why is Warren even running after apologizing over and over for being a liar and using College grants why not being entitled to that grant. Clearly that is fraud!

Second, she will be competing with the other twenty something candidates and it makes me wonder if they all enter to be labeled “ Presidential candidate” for the rest of their life, even if they back out after a day.

We can see the Democrats slaughter each other and Cory Bookers eyes were already looking like an evil person and scary person when he compares the environmental issues to Nazi Germany. Let the comedy start!

I'm not sure if your question is serious or not.

First, tons of people want her to run. Surely you know that?

Second, although people like you gleefully jump on totally unimportant things like her ethnic background, many people realize that she seems to be one of the most honest and dedicated people in politics these days (well, certainly more competition with all the new women flooding in).

Third, do you have any examples of people who backed out of a race after a day and were labeled "candidate" for the rest of their lives? But if that happens as you suggest, that would then benefit Warren, right?

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-10-2019 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 02-09-2019, 04:14 PM

25,584 posts, read 17,310,316 times
Why?
She can't stop. She doesn't know how to be anything other than what/who she is. She will promote herself and dream of greater and more important things all her life, and in that respect she is little different from the rest of us. I don't know how to be her; she doesn't know how to be me.
That's why it is so very hard on the Hillary/Al Gore/Huma Abadin/ types when their life long dreams fall apart. These are single dimension people and public life attracts them. Being satisfied is not in their DNA.
That can make some of them very dangerous. I dread the day that may come if AOC ever gets a real following. Pocahontas has shot herself in the foot with her bow, and will rue the day she ever claimed it as her own.

Old 02-09-2019, 04:27 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,387,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I'm not sure if your question is serious or not.

First, tons of people want her to run. Surely you know that?

Second, although people like you gleefully jump on totally unimportant things like her ethnic background, many people realize that she seems to be one of the most honest and dedicated people in politics these days (well, certainly more competition with all the new women flooding in).

Third, do you have any examples of people who backed out of a race after a day and were labeled "candidate" for the rest of their lives? But if that happens as you suggest, that would then benefit Warren, right?
You didn't say if you are one of the ones who want her to run.

I don't think she should run because she has baggage. She might not be able to live this down.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-10-2019 at 03:54 PM.. Reason: response to deletion

Old 02-09-2019, 04:39 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,594,869 times
It will all boil down to money in the end. I don't think she will get any campaign donations outside of the pussyhat wearers.

Old 02-09-2019, 05:10 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
This is what a primary is for. If she cannot withstand the native american critique that is coming her way - then she will not make it though the process.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:41 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Because she thinks she can win, silly.
That's the same reason why Trump ran, and everyone else who's ever run for the office.

Were you surprised when Trump won? Is he the only surprise winner we have had in the 21st century?

Old 02-09-2019, 10:19 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,124,578 times
She's hoping to be vice-president. Even a deulsional ****bag white northeastern liberal who thinks she is an Indian has to be able to see that with her lack of charsima, lack of accomplishment, and baggage, even amongst her own, that she is never, ever, under any circumstances, going to be president.

My guess is that she would like to be Biden's running mate.

Old 02-10-2019, 08:41 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
Ready the Clown car for these Bozos.

Warren is a fraud of a hypocrite that cries a good game. She won this past election in a landslide against a decent opponent. I don't know why people love her but they do.

I'd rather listen to Trump's ramblings than to hear her whiny voice that sounds like it is on the verge of tears complaining against the wealthy when she herself has gotten rich from deceit in checking the minority box.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections