Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 08:32 PM

197 posts, read 98,579 times

Advertisements

* Many Christian-Conservatives, the McCain-Palin types, Sat out the 2016 election because they weren't so sure about Trump. The ones I've talked to have warmed up to Trump since he has given them 2 Conservative SC Justices and they know Ginsberg will surely die before 2024.

* AOC, Pocahantas, etc., with their anti-business rhetorical, are turning off pro-business, working-class Democrats.

* The most likely person who the Democrats will nominate is still Hillary Clinton. Wait and see.

* Trump is polling slightly better than Obama, who easily won a 2nd term. With both Bush and Obama the talking heads were saying "his base won't turn out the 2nd time" and that proved wrong.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:37 PM

1,162 posts, read 635,030 times
Results win, let them argue vs. his record. Americans are not stupid, dumb, many of them stupid, nope.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:49 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,755,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallbuilder View Post
Many Christian-Conservatives, the McCain-Palin types, Sat out the 2016 election because they weren't so sure about Trump. The ones I've talked to have warmed up to Trump since he has given them 2 Conservative SC Justices and they know Ginsberg will surely die before 2024.

* AOC, Pocahantas, etc., with their anti-bus*iness rhetorical, are turning off pro-business, working-class Democrats.

* The most likely person who the Democrats will nominate is still Hillary Clinton. Wait and see.

* Trump is polling slightly better than Obama, who easily won a 2nd term. With both Bush and Obama the talking heads were saying "his base won't turn out the 2nd time" and that proved wrong.
No, not Hillary Clinton, instead, it will be Joe Biden. But he won't beat Trump, either, since he is a proven loser, and Republicans will be utterly obsessed over the creepy way he sometimes acts around women.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:50 PM

12,685 posts, read 6,773,483 times
I don't think anything is certain. Trump barely won in 2016. He can easily lose in 2020.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:50 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,450,424 times
Given the rabid partisanship tearing this country apart right now, I don’t think any candidate will win the 2020 election easily.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:57 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,616,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I don't think anything is certain. Trump barely won in 2016. He can easily lose in 2020.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Given the rabid partisanship tearing this country apart right now, I don’t think any candidate will win the 2020 election easily.
Trump is guaranteed to win that’s for sure outside the forum here a lot of his supporters are not happy with him. Despite what he and what’s left of his base tell us. The 2020 is going to be a tight race and with the younger generation coming up, I see Bernie getting the nod even if it’s just by a hair. People are getting tired of the Hillarys and the Trumps of the world.

Old 02-25-2019, 09:06 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,663,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallbuilder View Post
* Many Christian-Conservatives, the McCain-Palin types, Sat out the 2016 election because they weren't so sure about Trump. The ones I've talked to have warmed up to Trump since he has given them 2 Conservative SC Justices and they know Ginsberg will surely die before 2024.

* AOC, Pocahantas, etc., with their anti-business rhetorical, are turning off pro-business, working-class Democrats.

have you got real world data, on the "sitting out " stuff.

Existing data says republicans had a great turn out .

In fact the voter turnout was the 2nd highest since 1968....

Trump got 81% of the evangelical Christians vote, which is the highest on record!

Frankly your premise does not match with real life GOV supplied DATA....

and the rest of your post is just cheerleader nonsense not worth engaging in...

Old 02-26-2019, 12:31 AM

12,715 posts, read 7,869,530 times
My guess is that Republicans are going to do everything they can to keep abortion a constant topic of discussion going into this election. Trump has a chance to win and that is it; making sure the Christian Right is energized and motivated to vote.

Gay marriage and the transgender bathroom debate is what got us Trump. The Christian Right, though declining in influence, is still the most powerful special interest group in the country.

Old 02-26-2019, 12:45 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,765,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Agreed... A lot of people dislike Trump, but voted for him because they hated Hillary more. She was a very bad unlikable canidate. If Democrats nominate a charismatic likable canidate that isn't like Hillary, Warren, etc, Trump could very well lose.

Also have to take into consideration how close FL elections are, and that they just thousands of felons the right to vote.

All in all, It's going to be a close election... Closer than with Hillary.

Old 02-26-2019, 12:53 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,765,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
My guess is that Republicans are going to do everything they can to keep abortion a constant topic of discussion going into this election. Trump has a chance to win and that is it; making sure the Christian Right is energized and motivated to vote.

Gay marriage and the transgender bathroom debate is what got us Trump. The Christian Right, though declining in influence, is still the most powerful special interest group in the country.
Umm.. I could have sworn Trump was pro choice?

I think hate for Hillary, 8 years of Obama, fear of gun control, and most importantly, future SCOTUS appointments is what got us Trump. I don't recall people on forums, talk radio, and social media being all that concerned about abortion or transgenders unless a story was in the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections