Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How certain are you that you will vote for Trump?
Will certainly vote for Trump and nothing can change that 9 23.68%
Might vote for Trump (why are you still undecided?) 8 21.05%
Will certainly not be voting for Trump 21 55.26%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 10:32 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times

Advertisements

If Bernie is the nominee on the Democrat side, I will be voting for him. If it's anyone else, I will be voting for Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2019, 01:16 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
I will vote 3rd party (my state has gone red for years, so the R will win anyways) or maybe D for the 1st time, depending on who it is. Maybe R if not Trump. Cannot vote for him.

Old 03-23-2019, 04:48 AM

2,920 posts, read 1,985,284 times
Way too early to say. I'll never vote for a Democrat for a national office again. As far as Republicans go it might take awhile for anyone desiring to run to get into the race. Democrats jumped in early because there are so many that want to challenge The Donald. that they want to build up their base and campaign donations to help win the nomination. The president may end up with only a couple or a few challenges, most of which will probably be lightweights.

I do believe Trump is beatable but only by another Republican or a reasonable Democrat who doesn't espouse left-wing loony or racist hatred as too many on the left do these days. Donald's displayed some off-kilter behavior with some of his tweets and comments; and he exaggerates how well he's done on some issues. And let's keep in mind he still has more than a year and a half to either screw up royally (i.e. possibly signing TPP which he indicated he might, although I doubt he's dumb enough to do so before he's either beaten in the primaries or after the general election); or to do great things (get the illegal immigration situation under control, for example, including building the wall and sending illegals back to their native lands).

Too much will happen before primaries get here to say for certain who I'll vote for, we don't even know who all the candidates will be yet. Only thing I know for sure is it wont be a Democrat. And even though I think Trump is a bit of a nut he'd be a better choice again that any of them.

Old 03-23-2019, 05:02 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,464,039 times
It depends on who the Dem candidate is. If the dems nominate someone who is not in favor of open or loose borders and free trade and after birth abortions then I will vote for that person. From what I’ve seen I’m going to be forced to vote for Trump. I don’t want to but so far there isn’t a democrate being talked about that I will vote for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections