Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 07:46 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,605,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkman View Post
I don't believe that this is true. If Obama does not win, Blacks would vote for Hilary as they would have voted for her if Obama was not in the race. You may not get those that voted for the first time or those that decided to re-enter the political process because they believe in Obama's message. Blacks are voting for Obama because they believe in his message and also because he is the first viable Black candidate to run for office that has a chance to be elected but that does not mean that Blacks would not vote for Hilary if she was the nominee.
This is a very strong assumption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 03:29 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,400,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
Americans are always electing the wrong candidate... why is that?
Because voters like you don't look at the issues. They vote against the "right" candidate out of spite because their candidate lost.

BTW - I think Americans have done quite a good job of electing very fine Presidents. Eight years of Bush, Jr. just makes everyone forget this fact.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:01 PM

110 posts, read 377,410 times
As a lifelong Democrat and former convention delegate, I will not vote for Obama. Although I decided early-on that I would support Hillary, initially I decided that if Obama got the nomination I would support him. That was before I researched him. After researching him, I concluded that he was both unqualified and unfit. But the real clincher was his supporters. Over the past months I have seen more vile sexism coming from Obama supporters than from the GOP. I have also been subjected to daily accusations of racism simply because I prefer Hillary. The bottom line is that I will not vote to empower this woman-hating cult.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:35 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,982,765 times
Because Obama is not going to win over McCain, sure I'll vote Obama if worse comes to worse, but you can't tell that to the Archie Bunker crowd, the racists etc.

They will just be PO and not vote or vote for McCain to spite Obama, Somthings will never change not now, maybe later.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:42 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,921,177 times
americans choose the candidate who fits their own personal agenda for the country, so i certainly understand why black liberal voters are choosing obama. i am no feminist, but i am starting to wonder why white males are choosing obama over hillary. if their political platforms are virtually the same, why would white men specifically choose an affirmative action candidate? wouldn't that be self-defeating in the long run?

Old 05-15-2008, 03:52 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,816 times
I don't fall for guilt trips
I will never vote for Obama, why should I vote for some one I can not stand and who I think will make a lousy president.
It is said repetedly that if Hillary won the AA's would stay home. If you want Obama
then vote for him
I will stay home for the first time since I started voting at age 18.
Personally, I am really tired of politics it is all a game and does not mean anything.
Obama got this far because the media let him slide and they hate Hillary
most people on here hate her and bash her all the time, now you want me to vote for Obama
For the last two elections I voted for men I did not like
Al Gore and John Kerry I am sick of it.
Not this year, no way

Old 05-15-2008, 05:33 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,176,725 times
What will Obama do for the country? I really fear his inexperience. I don't see him as a strong "law and order" type. I see him doing a lot of "fence sitting" both with his "present" votes and in his speeches. He reminds me of a Seinfeld show -- just a lot of nothing about nothing.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:14 AM

439 posts, read 606,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
What is the difference b/w those of us who don't like Obama and won't vote for him versus those who support Obama but would write in or vote against Hillary? There is no difference. I don't want his a the President and will not cast a vote for him.
So don't austinsmom you were never a supporter of the Democrats to begin with. If you were you would see just how close Hillary and Barack are on the issues. So go vote for McCain or whomever.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:31 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,081,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
I just don't trust Obama and can't stand to listen to him. I just can't see voting for him. Without congress though, no President is going to do anything. They need to start doing something b/c so far, I'm not impressed with their record right now.
You will have a split govt again if you vote for McCain and nothing will get done at all. At times a split govt is advantageous, but right now, nothing is getting done when we need some movement. Vote Democrat, support Hillary's message, even if she is not the candidate.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:36 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,057,092 times
Once again unless the working class unites behind someone who is willing to work for them. The affluent will prevail in the marketplace and will continue to secure their immediate and long term future along with that of their children. With the volunteer army it is not children of means fighting in the streets of foreign nations. Why are affluent people affluent? What do they know? How do they do things? Is it because they are thinking and doing what is in their best interest intellectually and not emotionally?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections