Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:19 PM

600 posts, read 1,083,911 times

Advertisements

That may be so... and i do disagree with his views on pulling out immediately... but idk. I dont see iran as a threat, they dont have the missle systems to deploy a nuke on the U.S. and if they did, they arnt that dumb. Look at N Korea...

and as for europe... why are we defending them? they dont like us much last time i checked. Maybe if we stop taking the blame for them theyll pick up the shovel and do a little work of their own.

idk...
i admittedly dont know :/

i just think hes the best candidate right now when it comes to our freedoms and restoring our country. If we dont do it now it will be too late soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 10:21 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,094,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanslyke View Post
so i get confused sometimes.
If so many people do agree with ron paul? why will nobody admit hes electable, or admit they like him? everyone is so afraid of being labeled a nutt that they wont stand up for what they believe in. Ive found that most the people i really talk to about ron paul end up liking him. So if so many people like him, why is he not electable?
I'm afraid too many will pull for Ron Paul and will take votes from McCain. While I know he is not popular with republicans, is he really worse than one of the dems?

That is why my vote is for McCain, and I have switched over from Clinton seeing that she was going to lose...

Old 04-17-2008, 10:25 PM

idk... i think as far as world issues go he is WAY worse, but as far as our internal issues he may not be so bad... but eventually someone is going to attack us for going to far... and i mean REALLY attack us. Do we really want that? and furthermore, do we want HIM in office when they do? That WILL be a third world war...

Old 04-17-2008, 10:32 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times
Default Jews, Terrorists and Freedom

Appears from the sign in question the ONE supporter is anti-christian zionist and anti-isreal zionist. So appears he doesn't like christans or jews or zionists. So lets not just focus on the jews and lets not focus on one sign from one guy. I didn't see Ron Paul waving the sign.

Terrorist threat?
We have had a terrorist threat and will always have one while we are in countries we have no business in. If we pulled out of all these countries what would happen to America would our constitution and freedoms disappear. I'm confused why we need to support these countries who clearly dont want our help and some countries can take care of themselves. We dont need an miltary bases in these countries anymore time to come home.

This rally was for Americans independance from Government power, taxes, and being more humble in our foreign affairs. If Obama wins or Hillary they will have us in Dafar doing the samething as Somila, Bosnia and what BUSH does in IRAQ. Nation building.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:32 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times
I'm voting third party. If Alan Keyes wasn't running, Ron Paul would get my vote.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:40 PM

see now im starting to see some pro-ronpaul people... or atleast some that respect them. Im glad.

To be honest im hoping to meet anti-ronpaul people as well. I really want to see all sides of the story.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanslyke View Post
idk... i think as far as world issues go he is WAY worse, but as far as our internal issues he may not be so bad... but eventually someone is going to attack us for going to far... and i mean REALLY attack us. Do we really want that? and furthermore, do we want HIM in office when they do? That WILL be a third world war...
I think the Dems have done a fine job painting McCain as a hotheaded war monger. Being anti-war and anti-military is what some of them do best. I would be happy to vote for Paul or McCain and here is my reason for the latter.

I've been a military wife for 10 years now, DH has been in for 11. We are talking about a man who served, his father served, both graduated the Naval Academy. I would advise people that are lukewarm on McCain to do some reading up on his father. Really brave and admirable man - an Admiral who had to carry out bombing raids on Hanoi knowing his son was somewhere in the city held captive. I know people cut from that kind of cloth and they may come out as war mongers and have strong views on this world, but they also lead a life of service and know what the consequences of errors are when it comes to the troops. McCain would have invaded Iraq, but he would have done it better, cleaner, and with less loss of life. He called for this surge before the president did, and wouldn't ya know it - the surge has resulted in less violence. He would have listened to his 3 and 4 star generals on the ground and invaded with more troops. Success early on was possible, and would have made this war far cheaper, less lethal, and more tolerable by the public.

If there must be a third world war - and mark my words there will be a time where one rears up in our lifetime - I surely would not want a limp fish like Obama at the helm when the $&*! hit the fan. So I have to cast as strong an Anti-Obama vote as I can muster.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:56 PM

I think that ron paul will restor OUR freedoms tho...
Im not so sure mccain will... hes a great person to defend our country from the outside, but what about the inside?

Old 04-18-2008, 09:01 PM

No chance of a McCain/Paul ticket?

Paul would like to restore our freedoms, but first we must get the GOP back in charge of the house and senate to pass legislation. I cheered when the dems took over in 2006, now I am kicking myself in the a$$..I was never a liberal, never voted on party lines..but I think I am DONE with the Democratic party. The haze is wearing off and the blinkers have been pulled off.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:06 PM

No chance of that. Ron Paul has stated he will not endorse mccain untill he changes his foreign affairs policies which is the one thing mccain is MOST stubborn about.

I think that would be a better then nothing ticket, but i dont think ron paul will settle for that and mccain wouldnt choose a vice presedent who is so "soft"... They just dont agree with eachothers politics :/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections