U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-23-2008, 05:30 AM
 
25,841 posts, read 39,048,087 times
Reputation: 13833

Advertisements

I'm not a dem. But have to say how good her speech was.
I started the campaign liking Obama more but after seeing all of facts and accomplishments of Obama (none) I'm so proud of her. After going through what she went through with the Monica Lewinsky case and still trying to go for president in a mens world is really something.
I still would vote for a Rep. because I don't agree with many things, but the way she handled her self.
I still believe the governement should stay out of the housing crisis, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-23-2008, 05:50 AM
 
5,697 posts, read 5,447,767 times
Reputation: 1937
you are right, she made a great speech!!
And why not, it was a huge victory!!
Hillary'08!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2008, 06:59 AM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
19,868 posts, read 22,743,057 times
Reputation: 7167
Yup, she made a great speech, no doubt about it.

It was a significant victory - though I doubt it was enough.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2008, 07:12 AM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,314 posts, read 39,539,403 times
Reputation: 7107
I'm not a Hill or Obama fan, would not vote for them. But, as a woman, I admire her for getting in there and toughing it out with the big boys of presidential politics. She is tough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2008, 11:38 AM
 
Location: Texas
8,062 posts, read 16,192,927 times
Reputation: 3701
Yeah, it really was an excellent speech! She set the right tone and really connected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2008, 02:00 PM
 
1,545 posts, read 2,055,528 times
Reputation: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Yeah, it really was an excellent speech! She set the right tone and really connected.
yeah really connected so that her 25% lead shrunk to 9%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2008, 02:07 PM
 
Location: Alexandria, VA
1,773 posts, read 2,547,398 times
Reputation: 213
She can give so many great speeches but she's not gonna get the nomination - She lost the nomination long time ago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2008, 02:34 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
12,646 posts, read 13,902,385 times
Reputation: 1679
Hillary lost over 14% of her base in just over a month. It is incredible to watch an established brand lose to a junior Senator and consider it a victory. Her speech was one which brings little to mind (or remembrance) except tone.
Her tone represented the arrogance of one who feels she is entitled to something she shouldn't have to work for. The tone of her politics as well as her strategy appears to be one which will divide the democratic party beyond repair for this political season and as a former republican she has exemplified a loyalty to her roots which says if I can't have it I'll burn it to the ground. As an Independent the one good thing about watching her is seeing the birth of a third party system. Hillary Clinton's politics are single handedly lending credence to the the long discussed need for another major party. The era of the entitlement party and it's politics is slipping, and it's incredible to watch it in my lifetime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2008, 02:49 PM
 
25,841 posts, read 39,048,087 times
Reputation: 13833
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Hillary lost over 14% of her base in just over a month. It is incredible to watch an established brand lose to a junior Senator and consider it a victory. Her speech was one which brings little to mind (or remembrance) except tone.
Her tone represented the arrogance of one who feels she is entitled to something she shouldn't have to work for. The tone of her politics as well as her strategy appears to be one which will divide the democratic party beyond repair for this political season and as a former republican she has exemplified a loyalty to her roots which says if I can't have it I'll burn it to the ground. As an Independent the one good thing about watching her is seeing the birth of a third party system. Hillary Clinton's politics are single handedly lending credence to the the long discussed need for another major party. The era of the entitlement party and it's politics is slipping, and it's incredible to watch it in my lifetime.
Sounds you are really in a depression being a realtor/broker and listening to the bad housing market all day and not hearing a great speech. I'm not a dem. but can seperate my ideas from others and still hear a good speech.
By the way as far as I heard the difference was 55% to Obama 45%, so if I count well that is 10% not 9%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2008, 03:15 PM
 
Location: Charlotte
12,646 posts, read 13,902,385 times
Reputation: 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Sounds you are really in a depression being a realtor/broker and listening to the bad housing market all day and not hearing a great speech. I'm not a dem. but can seperate my ideas from others and still hear a good speech.
By the way as far as I heard the difference was 55% to Obama 45%, so if I count well that is 10% not 9%.
Fortunately I'm neither depressed nor do I listen to bad housing market news. Any Broker who understands the market knows the law of balance. We also understand that if it's great for the buyers it's probably bad for the sellers. Sounds like you need my expert advice.

Check again...the actuals are what those of interested in numbers rely upon, but I wouldn't want to over-correct you.

As an Independent I am also quite capable of reserving my judgment until later and am quite adept at understanding what I am hearing as well as the intent of what is said. You may wish to replay the speech to catch all of the nuances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:12 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top