Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 03:56 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,270,747 times

Advertisements

Did anyone hear this figure in exit polls???

6% Hillary voters in PA will switch to McCain even if she wins the nomination
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 04:08 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,774,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post

That is because they are Republicans to begin with- part of Rush and Hannity's "Operation Disrupt" campaign to get GOP voters to register as Democrats and try and cause trouble in the Democratic primaries left.

Old 04-26-2008, 06:18 AM

439 posts, read 606,047 times
I would be curious to here those numbers for Texas and Ohio. 214,000 Republicans voted for her there.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:28 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
That is because they are Republicans to begin with- part of Rush and Hannity's "Operation Disrupt" campaign to get GOP voters to register as Democrats and try and cause trouble in the Democratic primaries left.
Exactly my point. Supporting the weaker candidate Hillary. Republicans are using Hillary to increase their chances. Incredible. As long as Hillary is in, she will continue to hurt the Dem party in many ways like this. She must stand down or get the boot, no question.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:26 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,081,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
My sister works in a large library in PA and on Wed after the elections, they ran out of voter registration cards. Although they do not have to change their party affiliation, they are making the Rush Chaos statement by changing back to Republican before the election. There was a group in the library asking for them and she was talking to them, and they said they had great fun lying to pollsters, etc. So although it is legal, I do hope the superdelegates are paying attention to the situation.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
My sister works in a large library in PA and on Wed after the elections, they ran out of voter registration cards. Although they do not have to change their party affiliation, they are making the Rush Chaos statement by changing back to Republican before the election. There was a group in the library asking for them and she was talking to them, and they said they had great fun lying to pollsters, etc. So although it is legal, I do hope the superdelegates are paying attention to the situation.
So take that 6% and subtract if from the 10% and you get the more likely finish in PA. The SD's are aware of this I am sure. Out of the next 2 primaries which ones are opened?

Old 04-26-2008, 10:36 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,270,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillaryduck View Post
So take that 6% and subtract if from the 10% and you get the more likely finish in PA. The SD's are aware of this I am sure. Out of the next 2 primaries which ones are opened?
In North Carolina, unaffiliated voters are permitted to vote in the Democratic primary.

2008 Democratic Primary | North Carolina Democratic Party (http://www.ncdp.org/2008+Democratic+Primary+North+Carolina - broken link)

With Indies, Obama is up 10+ ??

Old 04-26-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
In North Carolina, unaffiliated voters are permitted to vote in the Democratic primary.

2008 Democratic Primary | North Carolina Democratic Party (http://www.ncdp.org/2008+Democratic+Primary+North+Carolina - broken link)

With Indies, Obama is up 10+ ??
Interesting. Thank you for the info.

Old 04-26-2008, 11:04 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,081,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillaryduck View Post
Well the other problem in PA is that it is a closed primary and many indies will not switch. But I would think it is probably not so much as 6 percent in the shenanigans, but there were some. He would have lost either way, just that the superdelegates and party leaders have to be realistic.

Old 04-26-2008, 11:26 AM

690 posts, read 1,015,844 times
Quote:

I did NOT hear this. (Where did it come from?) And if this is true, it must REALLY let that air out of the Hillary "momentum". I don't mean that as being mean or anything...it just shows that some of the votes for Hillary were not really because they liked her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections