Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 07:12 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,154,104 times

Advertisements

Citing the expansion of mail-in ballots, Trump has tweeted the possibility of delaying the election...constitution be damned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2020, 07:26 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,349,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Citing the expansion of mail-in ballots, Trump has tweeted the possibility of delaying the election...constitution be damned.

Unfortunately, it's much too dangerous to have a Presidential election this year. This is the new normal.

Old 07-30-2020, 07:37 AM

7,271 posts, read 4,231,286 times
Simple question: How can you be assured that the person submitting a ballot is who they say they are?

Old 07-30-2020, 07:39 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,981,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Simple question: How can you be assured that the person submitting a ballot is who they say they are?
Voter ID.

Old 07-30-2020, 08:33 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,754,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
For those who haven’t seen the tweet:

“ “With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history," Trump tweeted. "It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???"”

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...aying-election

Old 07-30-2020, 08:44 AM

6,829 posts, read 3,236,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
It's all about the signature. The sealed ballot is mailed to you at your address of record. When you register to vote, you must supply a valid signature and ID. my wife tried to "absentee" vote for my daughter who was out of the country at the time. Her signature did not match our daughters and it was invalidated.

Also, I vastly prefer sitting at my kitchen table, reviewing documents, taking as much time as I need to make my selections. I am an informed voter. That is much harder, if not impossible to do at the voting booth.

Old 07-30-2020, 08:48 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,981,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
It's all about the signature. The sealed ballot is mailed to you at your address of record. When you register to vote, you must supply a valid signature and ID. my wife tried to "absentee" vote for my daughter who was out of the country at the time. Her signature did not match our daughters and it was invalidated.

Also, I vastly prefer sitting at my kitchen table, reviewing documents, taking as much time as I need to make my selections. I am an informed voter. That is much harder, if not impossible to do at the voting booth.
Sorry but I'll be at the poll. I'll be damned if I'm going to get a government agency as a middle man to take possession of my vote before its counted and act as a middle man to deliver it.

Not sure what the hell you're talking about. You can do the research you need to do at your kitchen table BEFORE you actually go in.

I think the current generation is getting lazy.

Old 07-30-2020, 08:53 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,349,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
For those who haven’t seen the tweet:

“ “With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history," Trump tweeted. "It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???"”

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...aying-election
In all fairness, we have all been okay with shutting down everything else. The only responsible thing to do do is to shut down the election until all is clear.

We will just have to wait for the Keebler Elf (Fauci) to let us know when it's okay to have a fair election.

Old 07-30-2020, 08:56 AM

10,512 posts, read 5,190,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Voter ID.
There's a whole industry of scumbags who make fake driver's licenses, sold to college kids who want to get into bars.

Old 07-30-2020, 08:59 AM

853 posts, read 339,148 times
If the election is postponed there will be a revolution in this country. People wont stand for it. I'm not saying that would be a good thing, just stating facts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections