Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2008, 07:01 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,899,256 times

Advertisements

A Co-Worker of mine likes to put on talk radio before I get there. The station is WILK and I like to refer to it as WKKK. I usually allow him to listen until Rush says "Operation Chaos" for the 50th time.

When I listen to the guys on talk radio I think of topics they will have next such as :

Next up, are you planning to wear a red and green pointy hat for Christmas?
Next up, when you lynch do you wear your robe?

Then they go into that really oppressing song mocking old Southern African Americans.

I hate that guy Rush and don't understand why people like him and his bigoted ways.

Funny though, it is nice to see that their plans might backfire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 07:05 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,847 times
i think the republicans are scared of obama

Old 04-30-2008, 07:15 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
When I listen to the guys on talk radio I think of topics they will have next such as :

Next up, are you planning to wear a red and green pointy hat for Christmas?
Next up, when you lynch do you wear your robe?

Then they go into that really oppressing song mocking old Southern African Americans.

I hate that guy Rush and don't understand why people like him and his bigoted ways.

Funny though, it is nice to see that their plans might backfire
Gee, I listen practically everyday and don't hear this kind of stuff.

Maybe you put Air America on instead, that is IF you can find it anymore.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:19 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Gee, I listen practically everyday and don't hear this kind of stuff.

Maybe you put Air America on instead, that is IF you can find it anymore.
Gee, Sanrene, I would have never guessed you listened to Rush practically everyday.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:19 PM

Well, of course they never discuss what hat or robe they are going to wear. I was poking fun at the way they conduct themselves. They talk in a manner that plays into the stereotypes of racist groups.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:11 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Gee, Sanrene, I would have never guessed you listened to Rush practically everyday.
I'll also tell you I have been on his radio show 3 times.

Quote:
They talk in a manner that plays into the stereotypes of racist groups.
Sorry. You must not listen to Rush. You're just regurgitating kook-left talking points.

And the only racist groups I have seen lately - are the dems. They've split the party right down the middle on race.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
I'll also tell you I have been on his radio show 3 times.

Sorry. You must not listen to Rush. You're just regurgitating kook-left talking points.

And the only racist groups I have seen lately - are the dems. They've split the party right down the middle on race.
No, I do listen which is why I say this. The rhetoric is so hard line white america that I can't understand why so many follow. On another topic, it isn't much different than believing in God. SO God Bless You.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:00 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Quote:
I listen to Rush here and there, and other right wing talk radio hosts. They are ridiculous, childish and extreme. You're just too inocculated to it to notice. I bet if you could go back to a time before this kind of extremist rhetoric was commonplace, to a younger version of yourself (say back to 1985) you'd probably be shocked and put off too by what you're hearing everyday. I remember learning about Father Coughlin in school and thinking what a dark time the 1930s must have been. That was a few years before the right wing radio phenom.

I think Rush is terrible; Hannity is a totally brain dead lackey (when he supported Bush's Katrina speech, which was a total violation of conservative principles rightly renounced by other conservatives I knew he was just a GOP flunky who'd say anything to please his masters); Ann Coulter is vile, purposefully so, but also probably a closet liberal .. something about her just suggests total and utter nihlism; Mike Gallagher .. a bigot, blowhard, intellectually bereft .. Laura Ingrhim.. terrible, but *slightly* more entertaining than the rest.. just barely.. she's a bitter old leathery soul like the rest of them but she gets off a good line here and there. About the only one who I see as a person of substance and *some* civility is Michael Medved. He's "ok". I disagree with him on just about everything, but he's clearly someone who has thought through his own ideas and doesn't seem frightened by others. The rest of them strike me as terrified of ideas above all else. They mock them .. they deride them.. they snicker.. they scream .. they holler... I think at their root, they're just uncomfortable in the world of thought and they go on the radio day after day to exhibit their intellectual insecurity. And no, this isn't an I'm-on-the-left-so-I-think-all-conservatives-are-idiots rant .. I'd much rather reread Allan Bloom's "The Closing of the American Mind" than the latest Michael Moore trash. I don't like mindless, arrogant jerks incapable of engaging serious thought on the left either. There's just fewer of them on the airwaves at the moment.

P.S. I think it's telling that the group most likely to call all people on the left "sheep" are those who are marching out to vote outside of their party on the orders of a drug addicted loser who was once on welfare and food stamps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections