Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2020, 05:32 AM

3,005 posts, read 1,509,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
This is a non answer worthy of Mike Pence.

I asked you specifically which pollsters were reporting in 2016 that are not reporting now. It was your position that the absence of these pollsters is tilting the polls towards Biden. Who exactly are they?
You may have confused me with someone from another thread. I don't see that question previously posted in this thread.

As a prediction of who will win, polling is looking more like a waste of money, which raises the question of why is it still done so much. It may be used as a palliative, for a party that is not yet ready to admit it lost this race years in advance.

This is a site with data in the name, and you seem to be a data guy, but most voters and most members here aren't. A demand for data could be a demand to speak in a foreign language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2020, 05:38 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,260,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
You may have confused me with someone from another thread. I don't see that question previously posted in this thread.

As a prediction of who will win, polling is looking more like a waste of money, which raises the question of why is it still done so much. It may be used as a palliative, for a party that is not yet ready to admit it lost this race years in advance.

This is a site with data in the name, and you seem to be a data guy, but most voters and most members here aren't. A demand for data could be a demand to speak in a foreign language.
What is your basis for claiming that polling "is looking more like a waste of money"?

Old 10-13-2020, 06:18 AM

5,936 posts, read 4,722,934 times
The thing is - Biden doesn't need to convince voters in Iowa, Texas or Georgia to come to his camp. He needs to only convince 77,000 voters in WI, MI and PA to do so. That was the margin of victory Trump had to win the Electoral College. Everything else is simply noise. However, Trump needs to maintain his victory in FL (which was 1%) and NC (about 1%) and win in those states that had tiny margins.

He's going to need a third party to drop some bombshell about Biden to save the day. And America is going to have to believe it.

Old 10-13-2020, 10:42 AM

1,049 posts, read 970,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
We have had a booming economy with record low unemployment for most of Trump's term (and no, Obama can't take credit for it). The economy going south because of COVID would have happened regardless of who is in the White House.
We had a booming economy before Trump too, it's not like the economy was in the tank and he magically reversed it. No matter how much you wish that was the case, it just isn't. So yes, the booming economy before Trump can be credited to Obama (since he was the president).

The facts are that Trump inherited a booming economy, tried to supercharge it, did some dumb trade policies that would have led to a mild recession, then we got hit with COVID (which he mishandled) and our economy tanked.

So all that happened in 3.5 years under Trump, which means he doesn't deserve to be re-elected.

Old 10-13-2020, 11:46 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,167,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MESSENGERTOASCHERON View Post
Very lame and short-sighted to vote on personality.

Comparing accomplishments, the President has a massive list. Biden's 47 years in government in turn yielded nothing.
Yeah, except someone like myself actually wants a decent human being as leader of the nation. Policy alone is enough to vote against Trump, but as a person, Trump is pure trash.

Old 10-13-2020, 11:49 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,167,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
What is your basis for claiming that polling "is looking more like a waste of money"?
There is no basis for that claim. Trump supporters are just violently shaking their heads in denial at everything right now.

Old 10-13-2020, 12:06 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,409,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
No your voting for him cause you like his personality. He hasnt accomplished anything and the GOP Congress during his presidency is the least productive in 164 years.

https://theweek.com/articles/711503/...tive-164-years

Trump just signs unenforcable executive orders and bills so he can look like hes doing something
Go down to Mexico and and come back over the new wall, then come back and tell us he's done nothing.

Old 10-13-2020, 01:10 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,932,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongStreet View Post
We had a booming economy before Trump too, it's not like the economy was in the tank and he magically reversed it. No matter how much you wish that was the case, it just isn't. So yes, the booming economy before Trump can be credited to Obama (since he was the president).

The facts are that Trump inherited a booming economy, tried to supercharge it, did some dumb trade policies that would have led to a mild recession, then we got hit with COVID (which he mishandled) and our economy tanked.

So all that happened in 3.5 years under Trump, which means he doesn't deserve to be re-elected.
The obama economy was a complete disaster, the dems keep trying to sell the lie that Trump inherited a good economy. That is just plain not true. Trump was 100% the guy behind a booming economy, don't keep trying to sell obama lies..
Trump has been the best president in your lifetime, obama was the most corrupt president in history.

Please, pout out the Kool Aid your drinking and learn the truth... You are very definitely on the WrongStreet...!!

Old 10-14-2020, 09:37 AM

5,936 posts, read 4,722,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Go down to Mexico and and come back over the new wall, then come back and tell us he's done nothing.
Trump extended the border by 16 miles. Just 16. That's it. His signature campaign slogan, other than "Lock Her Up" (which also he made no headway), is simply just 16 miles of new border wall.

You hear/read a lot from sources you like. However, 3 years into Trump's Presidency, his own Commissioner of Border Control was asked how many miles of new wall were added. He essentially dodged the question, but at the time, he said no new wall was added. Just replacements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBP Morgan
"Much of that obviously is replacing wall that formerly existed, that the president said was insufficient," the reporter said. "How many miles of wall where there was no wall whatsoever?"

Morgan responded that "every mile of wall that is being built is a new mile of wall."

The reporter asked again for Morgan to differentiate between renovated or replaced wall, and wall where no barrier previously existed.

"So right now, 78 miles have been built, have been built where there was an existing form of barrier," Morgan said, effectively admitting that none of the wall that has been constructed has been in new areas.
https://www.newsweek.com/cbp-no-new-border-wall-1472077

Full disclosure, that is from Nov 2019. Nearly three years into the Trump Presidency. And Morgan admitted that when they report miles of "new border wall" they are talking about just any border wall. It is "new" because it was built recently. Not that it is new and added to the border.

To make a metaphor. Let's say I'm building a fence around my property. My property happens to be 2000 miles long, like our border with Mexico. And as of January 2017, I have 650 miles of fencing done. That covers 32.5% of my border. Maybe it wasn't great, but still a fence. Maybe it deters the neighbor's dog from entering my yard sometimes.

Then I promise my wife I'm going to complete this fence and have the neighbor pay for it. After three years, my fence is now 665 miles long. And it still doesn't stop my neighbor's dog from coming in. Nor did my neighbor pay for it. I've added 0.8% to the wall.

The latest numbers I could find says 16 miles of new fencing. 16. Obama added about 60 miles in his 8 years. Trump can't even best Obama at what he claims Obama was terrible at. All told, Trump has added less than 1% of the total border wall.

As recently as June 22, 2020, the CBP reported that most of the wall constructed is not adding to the border. Which further reinforces the tiny 16 mile figure.

The border wall was a great scam to get votes. But Trump has only given it a lick and a promise to make you think he actually cares to finish it. He could have had all the funding he needed back in 2017 or 2018. He had a Trifecta (House, Senate, Oval Office). Whatever funding was necessary, he could have had it. Instead, he passed a large tax cut for the rich and crumbs for us peons and a failed attempt at repealing Obamacare.

That was Trump's priority. Not the wall. Nor is it his priority now. Even though, it was an easy win for him to get this done. He just opted to take care of the rich instead.

Old 10-14-2020, 09:46 AM

1,049 posts, read 970,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
The obama economy was a complete disaster, the dems keep trying to sell the lie that Trump inherited a good economy. That is just plain not true. Trump was 100% the guy behind a booming economy, don't keep trying to sell obama lies..
Trump has been the best president in your lifetime, obama was the most corrupt president in history.

Please, pout out the Kool Aid your drinking and learn the truth... You are very definitely on the WrongStreet...!!
What's the truth? What Trump posts on Twitter?

It's scary how ignorant our populous is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections