Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 05:36 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,821,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
it is Obama's problem
HE NEEDS THEM TO WIN THE WHITE HOUSE
that is the whole problem of Obama
he thinks he can dazzel folks that like speeches
but those days are over with the big "rock star" drama
why do you think he is now holding " town home" meetings that Hillary is so good at
if he does not get the white blue collar voter that a lot of folks like to put down
he will never be elected
it is the same loopey statement he made when he laughed and said
"who needs Fla"
you do, stupid!!
He does not need Florida. He needs all the states that Kerry won plus one state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
This poll is good news. Obama doesn't appeal to the racists and the uneducated segment of which many working class whites belong. This is just reality.

The flawed judgment of this group should be shunned during election years.
I agree. He was never going to get the Archie Bunker vote and he should waste no time on it. Hillary would not get it in November either.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:06 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,221,710 times
People, take a chill pill and lets not get personal. It is your choice that this thread remains open.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:38 PM

580 posts, read 1,684,258 times
Woot Hillary

Hillary Clinton has propsed a gas tax holiday... and Barack Obama replied to this proposel saying she is using this for a political argument, and its washington politics... making it seem like a problem was solve but it havent. Well from what I understand this was a short term solution... while she will be working on the long term. From what I also understand Obama voted on a similar gas tax holiday in IL, when he was senator. So did he vote on this holiday for his political reasons, and for his washington politics ( well I dont want to jump to conclusions )? I dont know...

Again I think Hillary Clinton proposed this for a short term fix, while she will be working on a long term solution.
I support Hillary Clinton

Woot Hillary

Old 05-04-2008, 06:49 PM

60 posts, read 78,694 times
Boot Hillary ! yeah that i can support

Old 05-04-2008, 06:50 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,221,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
He does not need Florida. He needs all the states that Kerry won plus one state.

tell that to Fla in Nov

Old 05-04-2008, 06:52 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,470,174 times
I am really sick and tired of hearing about Obama's problems with the white working class voters. How about asking Hillary what she is going to do to win the black vote and the young vote and the educated/college degree type people vote. It's the same thing in the media EVERY SINGLE DAY but the media seems to forget who is winning so Obama must have a base that is holding strong for him or who would not be winning. She can keep talking about the big states until she is blue in the face. If she only gets 10% of the black vote, she will not win the General Election so she has problems of her own.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:25 PM

728 posts, read 1,680,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Obama does not need to worry about working class white males. They are a small minority and getting smaller everyday. And most of them were not going to support him anyway. He will get working class white women who are feeling more pain and he will get virtually every other group of whites in November (professionals, business people, Jews, gays, artist, students, government workers, stay at home wives) because these whites are smart enough to know what is in their best interest. Even of the "working class" white males, I suspect he will do well among the union members. That plus the black and 60+% of the Hispanic vote should be enough.
LOL..wow, liberals have a label for everyone, don't they? For everyone's benefit, support your claim that working class males are a small minority and shrinking everyday. Also, 60% of the Hispanic vote? That would be a big surprise in the primary....but it won't happen in the general election..

Old 05-04-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
LOL..wow, liberals have a label for everyone, don't they? For everyone's benefit, support your claim that working class males are a small minority and shrinking everyday. Also, 60% of the Hispanic vote? That would be a big surprise in the primary....but it won't happen in the general election..
Hispanics (except Cubans) are mostly Democrat. Republicans never poll more than 40% of that vote. The primary is over and Obama has won it for all practical purposes. I am talking about McCain vs Obama.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
Working class WHITE males. Because most white males do not do manual labour anymore. Those that do tend to be union craft people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections