Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 03:15 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times

Advertisements

I'll be voting for McCain, but how many of us have made a boneheaded mistake like this when tired? I'll cut the guy some slack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 03:19 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Yea I know. It is a point that when McCain misspoke about the sunnis everyone started going crazy. Even saying that he might not know the difference.
Well, there is a minor difference in that, from what I understand, McCain didn't just say "shiite" instead of "sunni". Instead he said that Iran was aiding and training Al Qaeda. He then reiterated the point, but was corrected by Joe Lieberman.

Obama said "57" instead of "47" one time.

Either way, it's hardly big news.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:22 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,002,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Well, there is a minor difference in that, from what I understand, McCain didn't just say "shiite" instead of "sunni". Instead he said that Iran was aiding and training Al Qaeda. He then reiterated the point, but was corrected by Joe Lieberman.

Obama said "57" instead of "47" one time.

Either way, it's hardly big news.
You are right but on this forum its worthy of ten threads. Im not if we just have the far right and far left on this bored or just a lot trolls.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:59 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Yea I know. It is a point that when McCain misspoke about the sunnis everyone started going crazy. Even saying that he might not know the difference.

He opened himself up to this criticism by running as the "experienced" foreign policy candidate.

Come on...Joe?...Joe has to correct you? wow

Old 05-12-2008, 06:07 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I'll be voting for McCain, but how many of us have made a boneheaded mistake like this when tired? I'll cut the guy some slack.
They really ought to create some sort of enforced retreat for candidates. They won't take a good rest otherwise. It's crazy to have a system where we exhaust people before they even start the job.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:17 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,898,753 times
what scares me about anti-Obama rhetoric is these people represent a real threat to the Democrats not beating McCain in November. We need to unify the party now and move forward. Obama is not going to stage a coop and declare Muslim law. I mean please you people out there. Even if he really wanted this our congressional leaders would mobilize the military and squash him. These talks that he has ulterior motives other than being another great pres like JFK is complete nonsense.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:41 PM

13 posts, read 22,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Obama Says He's Visited 57 States | NewsBusters.org

Are we sure it was a gaff - or something more sinister, like this;

Atlas Shrugs: 57 Islamic States of Obama

Organisation of the Islamic Conference - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Connect the dots people - the evidence is adding up. This will be beautiful in the general.
[Mod edited for content]

Why is everyone still so BITTER that Hillary is done for? You can dig, dig, dig up "scandals" all you want but it will not change the outcome of this race (hence Obama passing Hillary further and further as each day passes).

Unite behind Obama!

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 05-12-2008 at 09:05 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 05-12-2008, 07:15 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Obama Says He's Visited 57 States | NewsBusters.org

Are we sure it was a gaff - or something more sinister, like this;

Atlas Shrugs: 57 Islamic States of Obama

Organisation of the Islamic Conference - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Connect the dots people - the evidence is adding up. This will be beautiful in the general.
Oh my goodness, you're right! He's sending secret messages to his Islamic friends! Thanks for figuring it out before it was too late!

Or did you mean, in an off-guard moment he inadvertently revealed his True Allegiance? Or, are you proving that he doesn't know how many states there are, as the atlasshrugs blogger and his commenters were "aha!"-ing about? They know how many states there are, by golly!

Your thread title reminds me of Karmann Ghia in The Producers (2005): "He's having a stroke -- of GEEN-IUS!!!!"

Obama's 57 states -----of ISLAM-roger_bart.jpg

Thanks for the chuckle.

Signed, Roger Elizabeth deBris

Old 05-12-2008, 07:19 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,087,318 times
Funny you should bring that up, I've recently been envisioning certain posters as this guy.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:40 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,094 times
As usual. when the obama sheep have no point to make, they sling insults. It does get tiresome, but I can't expect much out of those who claim to be intellectual behind a computer, but really are not too bright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections