Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 01:00 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,522,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Look, just because one thing is absurd beyond imagination does not mean that other things are related ipso facto. I never said anything about this or that being truthful or lies about McCain or Clinton. Take each thing and weigh it on its own merits. Do you think that John McCain's adopted daughter is really a love child? I would hope not. Do you really think that the Clinton's had Vince Foster killed? I would hope not.

This election has been a train wreck of mudraking garbage from all sides. The fact we have a man who is half white and half black, a woman, and an elderly gentlemen running has stretched the limits of bovine excrement as far as the imagination. The fact that folks eat this stuff up as though it were gospel is the most troubling thing of all.

For every 10 threads about this kind of junk, there might be one about an actual stance on issues and then it is usually ignored in favor of who someone associated with back in college. It is all quite ridiculous.
I do agree with you that there is a lot of garbage slung by all sides in this election. There are those Obama people that love the confrontation on here as there are hillary people and McCain people that love it. I have been guilty of it as have many others. The important thing to remember in the long run is we still have lives to lead. We can probably never get all the real truths about any of the candidates by relying on the media which as we all know have agendas whether lib or conservative. We should all listen to our own hearts as to the direction to go in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 01:11 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,207,835 times
We are also lucky enough to live in a time when we have so much information at our finger tips. The internet is quite possibility the greatest human invention of the 20th century as far as the progress of society is concerned. Like a sword with two edges, it informs as well as provides a bunch of trash that we all have to wade through and determine for ourselves, what is plausible, reasonable and likely true on any given event or situation. At least we no longer have to wait to hear others provide what information we hear or see in order to come to our various conclusions, we all have the power to discover this ourselves.

Take these forums for instance, and notice that whatever candidate a poster may be pulling for, many will often spend most of their time (I say the bulk of it) bashing the others instead of trying to show the merits of their choice. Well this is no different in media circles either, so for every post about something positive, you will likely find three that are not. Sucks but that is the way it is, people seem to thrive on negativity and we are all at least a little guilty of this.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:22 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,188,391 times
Quote:
As I said, do you honestly think the CIA, the NSA, and every other American intelligence and security agency would allow a radical Muslim racist to ascend in American politics to run for the Presidency and not do anything about it?
Hmmmm. I'd have to think about this one for a bit.

They allowed our current administration to commit treason by revealing Valerie Plame's name and never did anything about that. Our current administration has done a few things that were not terribly legal and no one stopped them.

I imagine quite a lot goes on that we know nothing about.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:06 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,245,441 times
Quite honestly I think that its about time our president looks at Israel a little more closely. For one they are not a very reliable ally. For another Israel has done a great deal to harm our National security. Stealing secrets and selling them to the Soviets, to the Chinese etc. Then the middle east problems that seem to revolve around Israel and how we turn a blind eye towards Israels misdeeds. I am not anti-sematic but I am anti-Israel's policies. I have been to Israel, trained with Israels military and respect their abilities. I just don't like that our leadership seems to be deaf and blind when it comes to Israel.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:15 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,247,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
There was a long article about Obama in the New York Times a couple of days ago. It traced his political path from Harvard to Chicago to where he is now. One thing that is striking about him is that he establishes connections to people to "move up the ladder" then distances himself from those same people when he no longer needs them. He's needed Malley and Wright, at different times, but now he no longer does so he is free to discard them.

I look for him to distance himself from moveon.org and the dkos crowd too when they are no longer needed by him.
I read about this too, and in looking at how he handles himself concerning his past relationships I think this is a very perceptive insight into his personality.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:45 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,176,607 times
I don't know all the deep intricate details of our connection to Israel but I do have a question....

When did Israel become the 51st state of the United States?

Why this deep concern for this particular country?

Old 05-13-2008, 10:07 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I don't know all the deep intricate details of our connection to Israel but I do have a question....

When did Israel become the 51st state of the United States?

Why this deep concern for this particular country?
The same reason why AARP, NRA, the pharmaceutical and insurance industries are so powerful, their lobby. the AIPAC is the second largest, best organized and well funded lobby group in the United States and if you want to influence Washington DC, you better have a lobby.

Secondly, the fact that Christianity is rooted in the Judeo faith and religious beliefs are more powerful than lobbies.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:12 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,176,607 times
Quote:
The same reason why AARP, NRA, the pharmaceutical and insurance industries are so powerful, their lobby. the AIPAC is the second largest, best organized and well funded lobby group in the United States and if you want to influence Washington DC, you better have a lobby.

Secondly, the fact that Christianity is rooted in the Judeo faith and religious beliefs are more powerful than lobbies.

Thank you.....I should've just "followed the money".

Old 05-13-2008, 01:01 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,245,441 times
Quote:

Exactly right.... 60% 0f the democrats campaign funds come from the jewish lobby. 40% of republican funds come from???? Yes the jewish lobby. Thats called hedging the bet and owning the candidates.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:29 PM

82 posts, read 150,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
American Thinker Blog: Obama Keeps Hiring Anti-Israeli Advisors

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/i...asp?indid=2310

YID With LID: Obama's Scary Anti-Israel Advisors

The dots WILL be connected in the general.

Anti-Israel advisors
Anti-american, racist preacher with sympathies to terrorists
Hamas (and every other mid-terrorist group) support and fond wishes
Bill Ayers - unrepentent domestic terrorist
And the list goes on....
This is the kind of crap that needs to get out of the damn media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections