Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2008, 01:49 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,426,909 times

Advertisements

ksl.com - Buoyed by recent wins, Democrats eye Southern seats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 05:21 PM

36,655 posts, read 67,499,960 times
This time around, its a valid possibility. Strange but true.

It seems like we're on the verge of a major shifting of party ideals. Not sure what to make of it just yet.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:48 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,032,652 times
Great, so now the Democrats are going to exploit the South? They could at least take a better approach to it, or at least that article could have by not using the word 'exploit'.

Anywho, I can see where they are getting support from though, a lot of us typical Republican voters are also rather frustrated with the status quo. It's going to be rough these next few years as more and more Conservatives make the crossover to Democrat.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:49 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,819,489 times
I have to refute at least one of the conclusions in the referenced article. I live in one of the districts where the Democrat is retiring. I can practically guarantee you that it will go Rep because is in a heavily Rep district. The only reason that the incumbent Dem held the seat was that he was a very well liked Conservative Democrat. The article erroneously states that they could only get one barely qualified Rep to run for the vacated seat. In fact there are 4 Rep and 2 Dem running and a number appear to be well qualified. There was only one Rep prior to the incumbents unexpected retirement. Makes me wonder how much else is error or out dated.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:02 AM

485 posts, read 1,455,181 times
I am also familiar with one of the races where they say that the Democratic candidate is the frontrunner. He is an MD who had his hospital priviledges rescinded for some impropriety. A Democratic friend who works at that hospital knows the details and has said that she would never vote for him. He went into politics after that I guess because a doctor without hosp priviledges would have a hard time making a living. The district is also heavily Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections