Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 06:12 PM

439 posts, read 605,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
On Yahoo.com there's an interview of Obama telling the GOP that criticism of his wife is off limits, even her "First time I'm proud of my country" speech.

But Obama's surrogates have been insisting that Cindy McCain release her tax returns. Gee, I thought the wife was off limits?

For that matter, Kerry's wife in 2004 didn't release her tax returns and the Democrats had no problems with it.
Fact check here Kerry's Wife did release part of her tax return. Cindy McCain and Michelle Obama one of these two will be the first lady and should be vetted. The problem I have with the GOP is that Michelle did come out and explain what she meant in that comment but they did include that in the ad did they. Now Cindy McCain has a dark past and she better be ready in the General because like it or not some groups are going to be asking some pretty tough questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 06:17 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
On Yahoo.com there's an interview of Obama telling the GOP that criticism of his wife is off limits, even her "First time I'm proud of my country" speech.

But Obama's surrogates have been insisting that Cindy McCain release her tax returns. Gee, I thought the wife was off limits?

For that matter, Kerry's wife in 2004 didn't release her tax returns and the Democrats had no problems with it.
That is because the Dems do not feel that they have rules to follow and things do not apply to them. Only to everyone else!

Old 05-19-2008, 06:18 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
his wife is off limits
Rezko is off limits
Rev Wright is off limits
Bill Aiers is off limits
the only thing Obama wants said is how great he is
right, well like the GOP is going to listen!
what a peice of work

Old 05-19-2008, 06:20 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,820,094 times
I think when a candidate's spouse is out there making speeches then what she says is fair game. If Obama wants her to be left alone, she should stay home with the kids. You can't have it both ways.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:29 PM

422 posts, read 759,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
his wife is off limits
Rezko is off limits
Rev Wright is off limits
Bill Aiers is off limits
what a peice of work
Don't forget, Obama himself is off limits. If you don't support him, you're obviously a redneck racist with a crappy job whose into Jesus.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:30 PM

422 posts, read 759,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillaryduck View Post
Fact check here Kerry's Wife did release part of her tax return. Cindy McCain and Michelle Obama one of these two will be the first lady and should be vetted. The problem I have with the GOP is that Michelle did come out and explain what she meant in that comment but they did include that in the ad did they. Now Cindy McCain has a dark past and she better be ready in the General because like it or not some groups are going to be asking some pretty tough questions.
Bring it on. If Dems want to trash or even question McCain's wife, they better be prepared for Republican's concerns about Obama's wife. And this isn't a matchup Obama will win.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:43 PM

102 posts, read 54,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
He can cry til the cows come home. Her comments, and everything she has written WILL be fodder.
So will every other candidate's spouse.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
DAVART
A college thesis, is at best, an exercise in writing style and a way to get your degree. They are often molded by professors and have absolutely nothing to do with your own opinions. I have a full research paper on bird imagery throughout Shakespearian plays because it was a sure way to get an A from that particular professor, and another on how the writings of Nostradameus can be found in world literature (because I liked the song "Nostradameus" ). I would not hire a person based on their college thesis, nor would I base my choice of president on the fact that the spouse of a candidate wrote a college thesis that I did not agree with.
A non-college graduate would not know this. Maybe the poster has now learned something.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
his wife is off limits
Rezko is off limits
Rev Wright is off limits
Bill Aiers is off limits
what a peice of work
We'll see if McCain sticks to his statement about not liking the use of these tactics.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkleyq View Post
Please give me one incident where Michelle was racist. Just one. I keep hearing people call her racist and yet, they can not provide one time where she exhibited racism.
Second time, at least, we have asked for documentation from this poster and have, to date, received none.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections