Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 09:05 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,873 times

Advertisements

For only those who are interested in political rumour/innuendo...all others pls abandond the thread because your sensibilities WILL be offended.

A few weeks ago I posted that I heard on Phil Hendrie's radio program that there was a video out that was going to do MAJOR damage to Obama. Nothing materialized, and I was curious because Phil is usually on top of this kind of thing.

Fast forward to last night when I started seeing mention of a Michelle Obama video. If such a vid exists...and it is said that the anti-Obama crowd is holding it until after the election...this would be a HUGE blow to Obama.

If you are interested in seeing how these kind of rumours develop, as I am, Google "Michelle Obama whitey". You will get a lot of hits to look into.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 09:10 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,117 times
I read on an Oregon site that there was a video floating around of Michelle making "Wright" type comments. I dismissed it as ridiculous.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:20 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,951,973 times
Whether or not such a thing actually exists really doesn't matter.

Most people won't believe it because it's easy enough for people on both sides to doctor opposing videos. Soon you learn to ignore them or laugh at them, just like the photos in the National Enquirer.

There will be some people who do believe in it--but those are people who like rumours. If this video exists, they will love it--and if it doesn't exists, they will find another rumour.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:55 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,931,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
For only those who are interested in political rumour/innuendo...all others pls abandond the thread because your sensibilities WILL be offended.

A few weeks ago I posted that I heard on Phil Hendrie's radio program that there was a video out that was going to do MAJOR damage to Obama. Nothing materialized, and I was curious because Phil is usually on top of this kind of thing.

Fast forward to last night when I started seeing mention of a Michelle Obama video. If such a vid exists...and it is said that the anti-Obama crowd is holding it until after the election...this would be a HUGE blow to Obama.

If you are interested in seeing how these kind of rumours develop, as I am, Google "Michelle Obama whitey". You will get a lot of hits to look into.
If such a tape existed, which I doubt it does I wish I had it. I would never have to work again. I would either be rich and watching it on the news or be rich knowing it went up in smoke. Either way......

Old 05-19-2008, 10:11 AM

485 posts, read 1,455,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Whether or not such a thing actually exists really doesn't matter.

Most people won't believe it because it's easy enough for people on both sides to doctor opposing videos. Soon you learn to ignore them or laugh at them, just like the photos in the National Enquirer.

There will be some people who do believe in it--but those are people who like rumours. If this video exists, they will love it--and if it doesn't exists, they will find another rumour.
How could it not matter? If it exists it would be smoking gun that Hillary needs to take the nomination from Obama, which would most likely lead to the election of McCain. I would say that it matters alot!

Old 05-19-2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marysally View Post
How could it not matter? If it exists it would be smoking gun that Hillary needs to take the nomination from Obama, which would most likely lead to the election of McCain. I would say that it matters alot!
Because I don't think internet rumours have power anymore. Nobody takes them seriously, there's just too many of 'em out there. But I guess only time will tell.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Because I don't think internet rumours have power anymore. Nobody takes them seriously, there's just too many of 'em out there. But I guess only time will tell.
You are trying to change the issue from a tape to an internet rumor. My statement remains IF A TAPE exists, it would very much matter for the reasons I listed. Please try to stay in the ball game!!!

Old 05-19-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marysally View Post
You are trying to change the issue from a tape to an internet rumor. My statement remains IF A TAPE exists, it would very much matter for the reasons I listed. Please try to stay in the ball game!!!
If a tape exists, it would be spread via the internet. Making it an internet rumour. But call it a tape rumour, if you prefer. No matter how you try to spread it, people are still not going to take it seriously because there's too much stuff like this floating around. And especially since you-tube, everyone knows how easy it is to doctor a video. My opinion, of course.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
If a tape exists, it would be spread via the internet. Making it an internet rumour. But call it a tape rumour, if you prefer. No matter how you try to spread it, people are still not going to take it seriously because there's too much stuff like this floating around. And especially since you-tube, everyone knows how easy it is to doctor a video. My opinion, of course.
If a tape exists, it would be all over the NBC, CBS, and ABC just like the Rev Wright tapes were. Forget about the internet. A tape would be such big news that it wouldn't be able to be kept quiet. That is why I don't believe a tape exists.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:35 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
I'll be waiting ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections