Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2008, 06:23 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times

Advertisements

It is no secret the Democrats will paint Senator McCain as a continuation of the GWB policies.

Is this fair and can you accurately articulate why?

Is it unfair, and can you prove they are worlds apart?

Can a voter based upon Senator McCain's stances believe the next four years will be different than the last eight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 08:36 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
Well they seem to be the same on the most important policies so I dont see them being to much different.
They like the Iraq war, national id cards, illegal immgrants, spending money they dont have and believe in global warming.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:41 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,349 times
I believe McCain is 71 and Bush is not....also McCain is from AZ and Bush is from TX. That's pretty much all as far as i know unless you want me to hear about wives and stuff

Old 05-23-2008, 08:50 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,313,867 times
McCain is not a member of the Bush-Clinton dynasty. In that sense I would have seen a Clinton administration more of a continuation of the same old same old than McCain.

With McCain, we have a slight chance of slightly less poor management of the Iraq fiasco and a small chance of more fiscal discipline on the spending side, at tax rates unchanged. I expect McCain to do nothing about the US suicidal monetary and credit policies, mainly because he probably is not aware that there is a problem.

With Obama we have a very high chance of nothing changing, except that he would add suicidal fiscal policies (I would expect him to screw up both taxation and spending policy) to the Bush administration's suicidal spending and monetary and credit policies.

The best hope for change lies at the household level. Until then, as a body social, we deserve the politicians that we have, for good and for bad, no more and no less.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:30 PM

317 posts, read 496,503 times
The democrats would have given the title "Bush 3" to any of the republican candidates that won the nomination. It doesn't matter if it is McCain, Romney, Huckabee, or anybody else. Once somebody won the republican nomination they are automatically going to be given that title regardless of who they are or how many times they have tried to "reach across the aisle".

Old 05-23-2008, 12:35 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
I responded to this in the first thread on this topic. See that one.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:37 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpow View Post
The democrats would have given the title "Bush 3" to any of the republican candidates that won the nomination. It doesn't matter if it is McCain, Romney, Huckabee, or anybody else. Once somebody won the republican nomination they are automatically going to be given that title regardless of who they are or how many times they have tried to "reach across the aisle".
I absolutely agree with you. Ron Paul would be the only one who could probably defend against that smear the best but, then again, he's from Texas, too, and people are superficial. That the GOP itself considers McCain "too liberal" makes his case.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:38 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I responded to this in the first thread on this topic. See that one.
And what is this supposed to mean? Skimming through all of your irrelevant, out of touch views just to see what you said about this thread. I doubt that anyone who understand or perhaps has seen your posts has that kind of desire

Old 05-23-2008, 12:38 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,840,120 times
How are GWB and Senator McCain different?

I didn't know they were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections