Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 08:19 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,796,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I sure hope Obama doesn't need white women to win the election. (Unfortunately, 60% of the Democratic party is women.)

White women cold toward Obama - David Paul Kuhn - Politico.com

According to a new report by The Pew Research Center for the People & the Press, half of white women now have a negative perception of Obama.

Forty-nine percent of white women view Obama unfavorably, while only 43 percent hold a favorable opinion. In February, 36 percent of these women viewed Obama unfavorably, while 56 percent had a positive perception of the likely Democratic nominee.
This might just be prove that Republican propaganda machine are successful at creating fears in people's mind. Their shills are everywhere, even here on CD, spreading fears, rumors and lies. The things about propaganda is, if repeated long enough and unquestioned, that people will believe it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 08:31 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,211,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
Follow the votes. If it acts like a duck and quacks like a duck...
W.V.? Kentucky? I hear the banjo's pickin'. Squeal like a pig, it fits.

you just nailed why one of many reasons
I will not vote for Obama,
please hold on to that mindset
I will not discribe what I think most of Obama's supporters are like
you just did it for me!
I want nothing to do with him or people like you

Old 05-31-2008, 08:32 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Oh, not that old, tired crap again. We've had this discussion on other threads.

First off, you assume that all women are rabid about abortion rights. Wanna know the REAL choice? Being discerning and responsible about your sexuality so you don't NEED to make that sort of decision in the first place. And, before some lamebrain hauls off on me insisting that I think rape and incest victims should be forced to bear children, I don't. That's a whole different subject.

Secondly, this argument is trotted out time and time again by the Dems to keep women "in line." "Oh, my, you CAN'T consider a Republican candidate cuz he'll overturn Roe v. Wade!!!! This next president can appoint a whole bunch of SC justices!" Yeah, right. Fools who believe that pathetic rhetoric do so without understanding how the SC actually works and without regarding the past 30+ years. Are women that gullible and lemming-like that they will still fall for the Dem. tactics? Apparently some are!
Some republicans were and are still gullible enough to think that voting for a republican will over turn Roe/Wade

Hasn't yet but the dopes think it will

Old 05-31-2008, 08:40 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,211,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Wow! We are really going to have to work hard to get this group of voters for Obama. Without them we will lose, no question about it. We can get by with 30% of the white male vote but we cannot win without white women. We need at least 65% here to win. I think Obama needs to seriously choose a white woman as VP- but not necessarily "that" white woman. Kathleen Sebilus of Kansas would be a good choice. Or he could promise that his Supreme Court appointments will be women since many of them are concerned about the right to choose. Either way we have our work cut out for us.

Do you really think him choosing a white woman to be his VP
is going to get us to "fall in line"???
Most of us have lived long enough to know a rat when we see one
and not get misled by pandering
give me a break!
I would not vote for Obama
if he made his whole cabinet women.
being a woman IS NOT THE POINT!!!
I am not supporting Hillary Clinton because she is a woman,
nor, am I NOT voting for Obama because he is black
I believe Hillary, of the two, would make a better president.
I think Obama is a self-serving ego maniac and he is just like Geroge W Bush in that department.
I am going to protest Obama and that is my choice
if you have a problem with it, get over it, or not.
And there is about a millon other women that feel the same way.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:06 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,796,632 times
Oh, man! It's worse than I thought. The brainwashing has accelerated.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:31 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,646,233 times
Is about time they get their hormones in check, and start thinking with their brains. Obama is diabolical and means disaster for this nation with his alleged "change" rhetoric. So those females who swooned over him now finally see this? What made them change their minds about their WonderBoy....

Old 05-31-2008, 09:33 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,779,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
give me a break!
I think Obama is a self-serving ego maniac and he is just like Geroge W Bush in that department.
I think a woman VP might help. We have to win women. Without them we are doomed.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:37 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,779,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
give me a break!
If it just a million women that is OK but no more than that hopefully. What is it that women want Obama to do? He is already good looking, wears nice clothes and I suppose he could by a Vette or Lexus if that is what it takes to impress women. But I would like to think that women have moved a bit beyond that and want some substance on issues both unique to them and general issues. So tell us what you want from President Obama!

Old 05-31-2008, 09:50 AM

1,044 posts, read 1,954,846 times
White woman for Obama right here There are many more where I came from

Old 05-31-2008, 10:01 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,752,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLL98 View Post
White woman for Obama right here There are many more where I came from

Well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections