Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 11:01 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,078,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Actually John McCain is more liberal then Hillary is.

This election is no longer about liberal or democrat, its about the person best to take over our country and fix the problems and McCain although no perfect solution is the best to do that at this time in our lives.

We women can make our own decisions based on the facts and most of us who still have kids at home put our safety first and everything else falls in line. Obama cannot protect us, Obama cannot fix the middle class and Obama cannot lead a country when he has been the reason we are so divided today.

No. That is false. Hillary Clinton is a liberal. She has somehow been painted as a conservative in this election, but this woman is pro choice, pro union, pro universal health care, pro environment, pro education, pro community activism, anti war. She is still the woman who believes it takes a village, who had the military shed their uniforms for civilian clothes in her White House on a regular basis, who was an activist since she was a young woman. I salute her stands and they are closely tied to Obama's, I just like his approach better. John McCain is nothing like either of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 11:37 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Democrat women who suddenly have an epiphany and vote for McCain are only fooling themselves. Hillary Clinton is a liberal, Barack Obama is a liberal. John McCain is not.
Interesting. What are some of the things Barack Obama has done that tell you he is a liberal? Can you name one cause he has fought for for 10 years? 20 years?

Can you name ONE belief he has had that he has kept for 20 years?

Old 06-01-2008, 05:10 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,008,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLL98 View Post
White woman for Obama right here There are many more where I came from
Ditto. In several states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
Hillary said on more than one occasion that it would be a grave error for her supporters to vote for McCain.
Yes. Here is one of them:
Clinton: It'd be 'terrible mistake' to pick McCain over Obama
"Anybody who has ever voted for me or voted for Barack has much more in common in terms of what we want to see happen in our country and in the world with the other than they do with John McCain," Clinton said on CNN's "The Situation Room."
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post

Can you name ONE belief he has had that he has kept for 20 years?
Here's one take on it:
"I've spent 20 years devoted to working on behalf of families who are having a tough time and are seeking out the American dream."

Old 06-01-2008, 11:08 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,893,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Most of us have lived long enough to know a rat when we see one
and not get misled by pandering
give me a break!
I would not vote for Obama
if he made his whole cabinet women.
being a woman IS NOT THE POINT!!!
I am not supporting Hillary Clinton because she is a woman,
nor, am I NOT voting for Obama because he is black
I believe Hillary, of the two, would make a better president.
I think Obama is a self-serving ego maniac and he is just like Geroge W Bush in that department.
I am going to protest Obama and that is my choice
if you have a problem with it, get over it, or not.
And there is about a millon other women that feel the same way.
ITA with this. And I disagree with whoever stated that Obama was good-looking. Even if he were good-looking, I still would not vote for him. I am not voting based on looks/race/gender.

If it comes down between Obama and McCain, I just won't vote at all. I don't like either of them.

Old 06-01-2008, 01:40 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
If it comes down between Obama and McCain, I just won't vote at all. I don't like either of them.
OK--see ya in 4 years. Or maybe 8 years.

Old 06-01-2008, 03:03 PM

384 posts, read 1,709,451 times
Awe hear we go, this presidential race isn't about who the best person is, it's about race and gender. We are surely proving ourselves to be a mockery for the world. What shame we have brought on ourselves. The great America where all men/women are treated equally...or so we try to fool the world to think.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:07 PM

268 posts, read 100,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
I am a white woman and do not know of a single white woman who will vote for him.

Not because of his color, it because of his character, background and dirty baggage.

If he was the ultimate candidate all of us would vote for him, but he is not.

Now go do your math, 98% of black woman are voting for him, why?
See the difference? We are voting on what skills he brings to the table, the other woman are voting based on his color.
OK, then both black and white women are voting for him. You probably don't travel in circles of white women voting for Obama.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:49 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleomayline View Post
OK, then both black and white women are voting for him. You probably don't travel in circles of white women voting for Obama.

what a narrow minded frigging comment, a typical Obama supporter,
I know white women voting for Obama and
I know black men voting for Hillary
get off your self- righteous high horse

Old 06-03-2008, 01:32 PM

268 posts, read 100,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
what a narrow minded frigging comment, a typical Obama supporter,
I know white women voting for Obama and
I know black men voting for Hillary
get off your self- righteous high horse
Oh wow a real narcisisist. Now I see why you identify with Hillary. I was responding to Sunshine who said she didn't know of one white woman voting for Obama.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:00 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,543,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I sure hope Obama doesn't need white women to win the election. (Unfortunately, 60% of the Democratic party is women.)

White women cold toward Obama - David Paul Kuhn - Politico.com

According to a new report by The Pew Research Center for the People & the Press, half of white women now have a negative perception of Obama.

Forty-nine percent of white women view Obama unfavorably, while only 43 percent hold a favorable opinion. In February, 36 percent of these women viewed Obama unfavorably, while 56 percent had a positive perception of the likely Democratic nominee.
I think once Obama proves once and for all that he's not a Muslim; a hater of white people; a terrorist; or a baby killer, some of those women will feel much more educated and will come around to supporting him.

You have to give people time. They're not accustomed to a [Barack] face sitting at the head of the table. They've had their sense of order altered. All of a sudden, the waiter now owns the restaurant; the actor is now the director; the pawn is now the king.

If Barack will bow a little more; if he'll scratch his head while smiling a little bigger; and not talk with so much bass in his voice, he might be able to convince some of these folks that he's ... OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections