Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 06:08 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Also from the article:

So, I'm assuming, these white women don't plan to sit home and not vote. They are going to vote for McCain!
Democrat women who suddenly have an epiphany and vote for McCain are only fooling themselves. Hillary Clinton is a liberal, Barack Obama is a liberal. John McCain is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 06:27 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,464,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
jojo7,

One more thing you might think about: The people who care about Roe v. Wade are backing Clinton. If abortion rights mean something to you, then you need to back Clinton too.
I was trying to make a point of the IRRATIONAL reasons why Hillary supporters would vote for McCain. It makes no sense and DEFINITELY just sour grapes because your candidate didn't get the nomination! McCain is no where near even Hillary's position on policies she wants to put forward. NOT ONE! If you want to justify why you are voting for McCain, that's your choice but I don't want to hear how McCain would be a better choice than Obama when McCain is Bush. PERIOD!!!! If you like what you see right now, great, go for it!

PS Me support Hillary? Hmmmm.... No! Not now, now ever. Hillary made me feel this way, not her supporters.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:32 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
okay. what is it then? what is it about his character that you dont like?

what is it about his background that you dont like?

and what exactly is this dirty baggage of which you speak?

and while we're on the subject, what dirty political tactics has he used to steal this nomination? how has Senator Obama victimized Senator clinton?

.....go:
O. K. you asked for it.
I have caught him in many lies and half truths.
He has many questionable friends and birds of a feather flock together.
He is from Chicago and that should be enough to make anybody not vote for him. Way too much dirt going on in that city.
There was an opportunity for the voters of Michigan and Florida to do a revote and he was not for it. He didn't even have his name on the Michigan ballot--that was his choice, nobody else could do that for him.
He is not insisting that all the delegates be seated and get a full vote. Not counting all the votes is stealing. Those people went out and voted on principal; their votes should be counted.

That McCain is Bush is one of those lies and not even half true. I didn't vote for Bush, but I will probably vote for McCain because Clinton will not be on the ballot because Obama is stealing the nomination. He can have it, I will take McCain.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:32 PM

289 posts, read 362,093 times
Check out the recent polls in CA white women are turning to Barack. Sure there are some pretty pissed off woman now because of the out come of the Rules committee but I say that they are pissed not stupid. They will come around and follow Clinton on their support for barack. If you think for one minute that these women will vote for McSame you are delusional. They are democrats and Obama and Clinton will work together to bring unity to the party. And who knows maybe Obama will pick Hillary as his running mate. If I were a Republican I would be very nervous.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:33 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Maybe if Obama changed his middle name from Hussein that would help dispel the Muslim myth. Now what could he change it to that might help with White Woman?
Hmmmmm how about Mandingo?

Old 05-31-2008, 06:38 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Democrat women who suddenly have an epiphany and vote for McCain are only fooling themselves. Hillary Clinton is a liberal, Barack Obama is a liberal. John McCain is not.
Hillary said on more than one occasion that it would be a grave error for her supporters to vote for McCain.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:20 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
okay. what is it then? what is it about his character that you dont like?

what is it about his background that you dont like?

and what exactly is this dirty baggage of which you speak?

and while we're on the subject, what dirty political tactics has he used to steal this nomination? how has Senator Obama victimized Senator clinton?

.....go:

I really do not have to explain it to you but I will to a point.

I dont like anything about this man, nothing. He has poor character, lies allot, poor judgement skills, poor decision making abilities, criminal friends, criminal church, wants to talk to our enemies yet dont have the guts to address our own troops, inexperience, gutless as he wont take blame for anything wrong but takes all the credit for anything right, his racist background, his wife, his connections to all the wrong people in his life. I can go on and on but won't.

Dirty baggage, if you cannot see this then you are really blind. He is carrying allot of dirty laundry and skeletons in his closet. Start with his racist wife and work your way to him. She is a total disaster and doesnt deserve to be first lady.

Tactics, he is a sheep in a mans clothes, very good at fooling people and blaming others.

We need someone with a spine, character, decision making skills, military knowledge, etc and he has NONE of these skills.

And finally he has a real hard time making quick and solid decisions. This alone eliminates him from the job.

CHANGE for the worse is not worth the change at all.

The wall is tumbling down on him. Most whites are sick of his racist slurs and disrespect of whites as a whole. He is getting away with far more then we should stand for.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:24 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Actually John McCain is more liberal then Hillary is.

This election is no longer about liberal or democrat, its about the person best to take over our country and fix the problems and McCain although no perfect solution is the best to do that at this time in our lives.

We women can make our own decisions based on the facts and most of us who still have kids at home put our safety first and everything else falls in line. Obama cannot protect us, Obama cannot fix the middle class and Obama cannot lead a country when he has been the reason we are so divided today.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:32 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Sunshine please help me to understand and I am not trying to flame. You label yourself a formal liberal looney are you now saying you are a conservative looney. No longer a liberal but still looney? Perhaps still a liberal but no longer looney? Conservative and no longer looney? You have put that card on the table so you might be able to help us understand.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:56 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,080,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
I am a white woman and do not know of a single white woman who will vote for him.

Not because of his color, it because of his character, background and dirty baggage.

If he was the ultimate candidate all of us would vote for him, but he is not.

Now go do your math, 98% of black woman are voting for him, why?
See the difference? We are voting on what skills he brings to the table, the other woman are voting based on his color.
You need to expand your circle of friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections