Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 03:11 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Oh yeah! I so wish I could rep you right now!
Hmmm..

Why does that sound somewhat kinky?

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 03:12 PM

5 posts, read 6,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I STRONGLY SUSPECT that rabid Obama supporters are really brainwashed
and could not hold one thought of their own,
they have to have Obama to tell them what to say and they have to have "the party" to lean on, they are terrified of REAL CHANGE and only want to stay in their little PARTY BOX
they would not have the courage to go against the grain, they are little robots.
They whine and *****, and moan
but they have no back bone fo their own.
no actually i'm an obama supporter because i'm black (sarcasm off)

Old 06-02-2008, 03:36 PM

268 posts, read 100,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
As soon as Obama gets the necessary number of delegates, I will be heading to the local GOP headquarters to sign up to volunteer for McCain. I figure, why waste a moment of being on the right side of the GE?! I think we should make ourselves heard, since the DNC has been pooh-poohing the numbers of people who say they won't support Obama.
Doesn't matter much what disappointed people say NOW. They're mad and disappointed. By November some here (I said "some) will calm down and go for Obama anyway.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I'm voting for the candidate I believe can actually get things done, work hard, and steer the ship. I don't believe ANY of their campaign promises for one moment. Hillary would have been a VERY hard worker and a savvy politician. Since she's out, my next choice is McCain. Pure and simple.
Kind of like How Bush got a lot done? Depends on what you want done.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:46 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,039,197 times
Emotions. Some anger and some absolute hate. It is a shame it has come to this. It is a shame that we have become this. I actually thought better of us.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybone666 View Post
I'm actually a little surprised at how many people are starting to see right through him now. My hope for humanity is slowly being restored...

The tone of the forum seems to have changed quite a bit, save the few sad obsessive turbo-posters who think he's the messiah - "Obama cures cancer!", "Obama singlehandedly stops mideast violence!", "Obama flies backwards around the world to reverse time so he can stop us from invading Iraq!", etc, etc.

“If you're not a liberal at twenty, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at forty, you have no brain.â€

See attachment below
Apparently many are beginning to see the light which is why he is getting the votes! And soon the nomination!

Old 06-02-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrkelly View Post
Please spare me.

So as a democrat, you'd rather not vote and have someone in office who is against everything you as a democrat stand for? you'd rather another one or two conservative judges be put on the supreme court, you'd rather Roe v Wade be attacked again, you'd rather the war continue on and have thousands more of our men and women killed (not to mention Iraqi), you'd rather economy keep going the way it is, JUST TO PROVE YOUR POINT?

Jeez. If all dems were like you, we'd be republicans.

When your sons and daughters are still sent to die in a senseless war overseas, don't complain.
When your daughters begin to die because their now illegal abortion was botched, don't complain.
When your wives, mothers, sisters and daughters begin to be treated as second class citizens (because any man who calls his wife a c*nt and trollop doesn't respect women nor their rights), don't complain.
When we need other countries and they reject us because of our government's policies, don't complain.
When you can't afford gas to get to work, and your job is lost, don't complain.
It's a case of cutting off one's nose to spite one's face.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I can't think of an election since Stevenson when the Democratic candidate wasn't the best choice. I do exercise my choice when I vote.
I exercise my choice when I contribute my time and my treasure to support candidates whose positions align with mine or who help shape mine.....To my mind It is foolishness to think Senator Barack Obama, wants to take anyone's freedoms away. One of the issue he disagreed with Sen. Clinton on was she wanted to make health insurance MANDATORY, his plan allowed more FREEDOM.
The "freedom" to be unemployed, the "freedom" to have your jobs shipped over seas, the "freedom" to go to a broken down school, the "freedom" to sleep on the streets and in parks......the "freedom" to pay more taxes so the wealthy can get a break......those are the only types of "freedoms" he is working to eliminate.
I think, Elston, that the naysayers know all this. It's difficult to reason with them when they know what you have stated but have others reasons for not voting for Obama.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:54 PM

289 posts, read 362,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
Emotions. Some anger and some absolute hate. It is a shame it has come to this. It is a shame that we have become this. I actually thought better of us.
The one person they supported will be the most disappointed in them. Hillary will be backing Obama and will work hard to get him elected because unlike some of her so called supporters She really wants to change the party in the White House in November and start to put forth the democratic plan.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:58 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrkelly View Post
Please spare me.

So as a democrat, you'd rather not vote and have someone in office who is against everything you as a democrat stand for? you'd rather another one or two conservative judges be put on the supreme court, you'd rather Roe v Wade be attacked again, you'd rather the war continue on and have thousands more of our men and women killed (not to mention Iraqi), you'd rather economy keep going the way it is, JUST TO PROVE YOUR POINT?

Jeez. If all dems were like you, we'd be republicans.

When your sons and daughters are still sent to die in a senseless war overseas, don't complain.
When your daughters begin to die because their now illegal abortion was botched, don't complain.
When your wives, mothers, sisters and daughters begin to be treated as second class citizens (because any man who calls his wife a c*nt and trollop doesn't respect women nor their rights), don't complain.
When we need other countries and they reject us because of our government's policies, don't complain.
When you can't afford gas to get to work, and your job is lost, don't complain.
Haven't you been keeping up with the forum? We've all reverted back to the rules of 1st grade - if I don't get to play with the crayons, I'll flush them down the toilet so no one else will either. Not saying that voting for McCain would be like flushing any chance we had at rebuilding the economy right down the toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsiderlookingin View Post
The one person they supported will be the most disappointed in them. Hillary will be backing Obama and will work hard to get him elected because unlike some of her so called supporters She really wants to change the party in the White House in November and start to put forth the democratic plan.
For some reason her supporters aren't paying attention to that. They claim to be so supportive of her but somehow when she says things like "We can't let McCain win" they tune out. I've asked a couple why that is but I've yet to get a good answer. They always revert back to "well obama doesn't like white people" well neither did George Jefferson but he still cleaned their clothes.

I'm sorry but I have never understood what difference it makes. There are a lot of racist people in the world; a lot of them in high earning powerful positions. What difference does it make if he's racist? Yeah, it'll make him a crappy person but does that mean he won't be able to do his job?

What are we really afraid will happen if he gets in the White House? What's the worst thing he could possibly do? Seriously, someone please tell me because I can't think of anything that would be so awful that we'll all be saying "I knew I should have voted for Hillary" Is he going to paint the white house black?

I mean from what I know about politics the president doesn't seem to be anything more than a figurehead because we've come up with so many different ways to undermine him. I'm starting to think we don't even need a president anymore because Congress and Senate seem to be making all the rules. I think we have a president just because people expect us to have one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections