Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 09:19 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Well, those who like to take cheap shots based upon headlines, the article itself states:

Nor, indeed, is there any proof of post-presidential sexual indiscretions on Clinton’s part, despite a steady stream of tabloid speculation and Internet intimations that the Big Dog might be up to his old tricks. On any given visit to London, for example, Clinton is as apt to dine with Tony Blair or Kevin Spacey as with anyone who might raise an eyebrow.

Amazing how many Democrats like to take cheap shots, and also lack the willingness to actually read articles before jumping to conclusions.
The behavior is just as prevalent among Republicans and equally damaging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 09:21 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
The irony of this post is almost palpable.

Democrats? Surely you jest. Republicans have mastered the art of the cheap shot-That's the only way a republican can win anymore, by not discussing the issues and focusing the election on innuendo and heresay.In this campaign cycle, its becoming obvious that all they have against Barack Obama are cheap shots.
Actually the Democratic supporters are throwing their cheap shots at each other, and posters (such as the one who started this thread) don't take the time to actually read articles to understand the content.

But Obama has the smartest supporters...

Old 06-03-2008, 09:47 AM

1,229 posts, read 3,246,046 times
> Vanity Fair says Bill Clinton seeing Gina Gershon, several other women

Lucky stiff . . .

Old 06-03-2008, 09:51 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,974 times
Bill Clinton, prowling around like an alley cat? Stop the presses!

Old 06-03-2008, 09:56 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I don't really buy that a man suddenly STOPS cheating. He seems like a serial cheater, I don't see why he should stop now.

I don't feel like Hillary is a good example for our young girls out there because she has allowed herself to become a doormat in her marriage. I would hope that our first female president would have the brass ovaries to keep her husband at home OR if he strays to show him the error of his ways.
The thing is, they have a political partnership more than a marriage. They've found it politically expedient to stay together. Anyone who thinks they have a real "marriage" with love and affection, well, I have a bridge to sell you. Everything about those two is phony, right up to the nuptials. So I don't think she's being a doormat ... it's just that their vows don't mean anything.

Still, I always have wondered how any self-respecting feminist could ever have supported such a womanizing sleaze as Bill Clinton ...

Old 06-03-2008, 10:20 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post
The thing is, they have a political partnership more than a marriage. They've found it politically expedient to stay together. Anyone who thinks they have a real "marriage" with love and affection, well, I have a bridge to sell you. Everything about those two is phony, right up to the nuptials. So I don't think she's being a doormat ... it's just that their vows don't mean anything.

Still, I always have wondered how any self-respecting feminist could ever have supported such a womanizing sleaze as Bill Clinton ...

I'm not interested in buying any bridges, thank you, but I do believe there is love and affection in that marriage. The article cited isn't about alleged infidelities at all, it even distances itself from those accusations by describing them as rumors and gossip. After reading the entire article, I thought the thrust of the attack was on Bill Clinton's ego and hardheadedness. While the article is overwhelmingly a slam against Bill Clinton, I thought it was a worthwhile read and an interesting analysis of some of Bill Clinton's behavior this past year. But having met both Bill and Hillary long ago, I felt strongly then that they loved each other and I still do. Every marriage is a partnership, every marriage involves compromises. And every marriage is built on deeply personal needs and feelings. Outsiders can only speculate as to why some people stay together or even got together in the first place. The speculation is even more suspect when it's about famous people who we think we know based only on media reports and political commentators with an agenda.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:56 AM

430 posts, read 1,174,835 times
I would not be surprised. I had always thought that they don't seem like other couples. You watch them and they just don't seem to have a connection. After Bill and his behaviors I had thought that he said to her that if you stand by me now I will help you get what you want down the road which is the presidency which she isn't getting. Because of him and other behaviors and the fact that people don't like the Clintons she won't get the VP spot. They are a policitcal team.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:50 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
Actually the Democratic supporters are throwing their cheap shots at each other, and posters (such as the one who started this thread) don't take the time to actually read articles to understand the content.

I'm a Democrat and proud of it. However I have some common sense here. He is a cheater, a tom cat with the same set of morals, that kind of behavior doesn't fall on one side of the political table, its a humanity thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post

You can't claim to be a feminist and live life the way she has. Thats why I don't think she is the right choice for our first female president. Once again, I have to say if she can't keep track of her husbands genitalia then how is she going to keep track of the entire US. Its not like he only cheated once, weren't there like 3 different women, those are just the ones we have heard about. Cheating is sort of like cockroaches. If you see three, there are probably ALOT more behind the walls that you can't see.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:57 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
You couldnt possibly be serious in thinking that Democrats are somehow, more inclined to SWIFTBOAT an opponent?

And the original post isnt accusatory in the least. It raises questions based on an article in Vanity Fair where sources close to Bill Clinton have made claims suggesting he is not being faithful. Sometimes, its not so complicated.

Quote:
And the dummies cant stand it.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:21 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
but I do believe there is love and affection in that marriage.
I do to but for power, money and control!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections