Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 06:59 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times

Advertisements

In case you missed his speech last night, here it is via YouTube.

Part 1:
YouTube - John McCain Campaign Rally Kenner, Louisana pt.1

Part 2:
YouTube - John McCain Campaign Rally Kenner, Louisana pt.2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 07:18 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
Wow!! He really believes in Senator Obama's Change theme -he's even adopted a version for himself!!

Old 06-04-2008, 07:41 AM

857 posts, read 2,002,375 times
new-ore-leeeee-ayns?

Old 06-04-2008, 07:56 AM

That unconvinced, unconvincing speech just made me sad for him. I hope this turns out to have been the worst speech - and the worst setting and props! - for him between now and November, that it can only get better from here. He needs to work on the little "henh, henh" laugh, too. And he didnt look well, or wasn't lit well. His skin was like paper and his eyes were just black holes. If Rove actually is working on that campaign he needs to get busy and start earning his paycheck.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:58 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,967 times
Here's a quote that I borrowed which says it all....."Barack's like a fresh hot pizza from the best pizza place in New York...and John McCain is the cardboard box it was delivered in."

Old 06-04-2008, 08:23 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,839,829 times
I felt a little sorry for McCain last night. This was his first night to make a big splash before the voters in a long time and he blew it. His delivery was weak (he was always known as a poor speaker, at least have some energy) and he paused in many places where it felt like the audience wasn't sure whether to applaud or what. I agree he didn't look too good on camera (Nixon effect vintage 1960) and after the speech he almost ran off the stage. I took special note of this because I would have thought he would have stood there and waved for a moment to his supporters. After all this wasn't a speech he was giving to the senate. I think he knew he didn't do a great job.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:32 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,638,103 times
It will be interesting to see the differences and strengths/weaknesses of both over the next few months. McCain is not an orator, but appears to have more substance, more experience, a better debator than ObamaBoy. Obama a pretty boy, all fluff, candy coated rhetoric, but just nothing there of substance underneath. And will no doubt prove to be a poor debator with the old warhorse. He only has his marxist ideals to fall back on, lacking experience in politics. So time will tell who turns out to be the better candidate. Slim pickins either way...

Old 06-04-2008, 08:34 AM

That sad Kiwanis Club room...the motley handful of supporters with magic marker signs... they looked as if they'd wandered in because it was raining outside. The flag flat and uninspiring to the right. And worst of all, the horrible, HORRIBLE lime/yellow Powerpoint-looking instructional sign behind him. Dont even remember what it said - "Change we can believe in." Oh - just checked the video, "A Leader We Can Believe In." long space. website address. repeat pattern to end of line.

And someone should have told him Kenner is NOT New Orleans!

Old 06-04-2008, 08:34 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,808,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALteacher View Post
I felt a little sorry for McCain last night. This was his first night to make a big splash before the voters in a long time and he blew it. His delivery was weak (he was always known as a poor speaker, at least have some energy) and he paused in many places where it felt like the audience wasn't sure whether to applaud or what. I agree he didn't look too good on camera (Nixon effect vintage 1960) and after the speech he almost ran off the stage. I took special note of this because I would have thought he would have stood there and waved for a moment to his supporters. After all this wasn't a speech he was giving to the senate. I think he knew he didn't do a great job.
Right on spot ! That running off the stage thing was really weird. I just can't see folks under the age of 30 casting a ballot for McCain this Nov. His ideas and presentations as well are just horrible

Old 06-04-2008, 08:48 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,839,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
That sad Kiwanis Club room...the motley handful of supporters with magic marker signs... they looked as if they'd wandered in because it was raining outside. The flag flat and uninspiring to the right. And worst of all, the horrible, HORRIBLE lime/yellow Powerpoint-looking instructional sign behind him. Dont even remember what it said - "Change we can believe in." Oh - just checked the video, "A Leader We Can Believe In." long space. website address. repeat pattern to end of line.

And someone should have told him Kenner is NOT New Orleans!
Loved your comment about the magic marker signs. I don't what you menat by uninspiring flag flat to the right. I totally agree with you about the lime/yellow background. I swear I thought my TV color was off. I actually switched from Fox to MSNBC to see if it was lime/yellow!! The Kenner mention I don't think was a big deal. It's very close to New Orleans. On the location I think was poor. I heard he had some fundraisers in the area so that was probably why he was sticking around to give his speech. If I were McCain I would have chosen to give it in one of the battle ground states like MI, PA or OH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections