Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 08:29 AM

1,389 posts, read 6,301,872 times

Advertisements

How is Black racist if blacks have always voted for whites?
This is the first time in history that Blacks have ever gotten the opportunity to vote for a Black man.
So what if whites vote for a Black man. How man times in history have whites voted for a Black man?

Lets go back in history.
Whites brought Blacks into America against their will. Whites beat/kill millions of Blacks during slavery. We still have plenty of Blacks who can not find their anchestors because whites change Blacks first and last name.

Now how are Blacks racist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2008, 08:47 AM

315 posts, read 761,262 times
Yawn! This is just another sad attempt top make white people give obama a guilty vote to prove they are not all racist. Most people who didn't vote for obama did so because they cans ee he is weak and inexperienced. And noone should feel guilty about wanting a stronger candidate even is they have to cross parties. I sure hope people don't cave under pressure and vote for the wrong man in order to pay for what thier ancestors may have done.

Old 06-15-2008, 08:58 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,779,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1980 View Post
Yawn! This is just another sad attempt top make white people give obama a guilty vote to prove they are not all racist. Most people who didn't vote for obama did so because they cans ee he is weak and inexperienced. And noone should feel guilty about wanting a stronger candidate even is they have to cross parties. I sure hope people don't cave under pressure and vote for the wrong man in order to pay for what thier ancestors may have done.
Bush was all that and more...and he still got elected...twice .

I can speak for the other pro-Obama people, but beg for the White vote by using a guilt trip? Please. Put a White man in Obama's place and I would still be voting Democrat. Those are my values and that is my party. Not saying that people cannot cross party lines (I surely have...although never to the Republican side), however the tricks a smears being used to cloak Obama's policies from the Democrats and others in this country that share his values...regardless of race.

People can vote which ever way and for whatever reasons (and will). But some of us care about the real issues at hand. We have two viable choices...Obama and McCain. It basically boils down to "who is most likely to execute your own political values the most".

Old 06-15-2008, 10:39 AM

938 posts, read 2,898,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
Excuse me, but W Virginians (and other blue-collar workers from the Appalachian region) decided to vote for "morals" over their own welfare long time ago. It's fine if you believe that preventing two men for getting married is more important than having a good job or medical care, but again, it's their choice, so I hope they don't whine about how much their state has sunk.
LOL. Fella, you have NO IDEA what you are talking about. When did they EVER vote against "good jobs?" If a presidential candidate came to WV tomorrow and promised in a realistic way 50,000 news jobs in WV, they would win. The problem is that, realistically, no presidential candidate will ever bring any jobs to WV. Did Bush? Did Clinton? Did any president, ever? Of course not. They just don't care and we are a state of cynical realists. And medical care? We're all on Medicaid, anyway. Democrats and Republicans are one in the same to us. If you want to buy into the pipedream bull**** about how they will magically create new jobs, go ahead. Where you live, maybe they will.

Old 06-15-2008, 03:21 PM

728 posts, read 1,676,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
You're correct. I did not talk to everyone in the state of WV and it is unfair to condemn the entire state. I know there are many fine people there. I've spent summer vacations at Oglebay in Wheeling and had a fine time with the locals.

I'm specifically referring to those who are racists, and these people are everywhere.
Of course you would not be referring to the wonderful, progressive and free love city of San Fransisco, would you? Thanks for another amusing post, I especially like the part where you "cavort" with the locals.

Old 06-15-2008, 03:23 PM

728 posts, read 1,676,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUPharm2007 View Post
LOL. Fella, you have NO IDEA what you are talking about. When did they EVER vote against "good jobs?" If a presidential candidate came to WV tomorrow and promised in a realistic way 50,000 news jobs in WV, they would win. The problem is that, realistically, no presidential candidate will ever bring any jobs to WV. Did Bush? Did Clinton? Did any president, ever? Of course not. They just don't care and we are a state of cynical realists. And medical care? We're all on Medicaid, anyway. Democrats and Republicans are one in the same to us. If you want to buy into the pipedream bull**** about how they will magically create new jobs, go ahead. Where you live, maybe they will.
Great reply, but don't expect to see this guy or others of his ilk try to reply. If they do, it will be along the lines of "Racist Appalachia, backwoods, trailer park white trash. It's the usual diatribe that comes out of a corrupt and divisive lefty.

Old 06-15-2008, 03:28 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
This is the first time in history that Blacks have ever gotten the opportunity to vote for a Black man.
So what if whites vote for a Black man. How man times in history have whites voted for a Black man?

Lets go back in history.
Whites brought Blacks into America against their will. Whites beat/kill millions of Blacks during slavery. We still have plenty of Blacks who can not find their anchestors because whites change Blacks first and last name.

Folks ignore all post from regardless of your political beliefs or your view on anything.

Old 06-15-2008, 03:29 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
If they do, it will be along the lines of "Racist Appalachia, backwoods, trailer park white trash. It's the usual diatribe that comes out of a corrupt and divisive lefty.
Except of course for KevK beloved Irish trailer park white trash. They are exempt from the stigma.

Old 06-15-2008, 08:15 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post

Lets go back in history.

Wake up. This is not 1860 anymore.

You make opportunities for yourself and if you vote by color then you deserve no such opportunity because you are racist and stupid.

Yes, black are racist, whites are racist, indians are racist and so on.
If you do not see that then you are flat out blind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections