Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 01:04 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,453,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
wonder what would have happened if john mccain made this statement. he would have been kicked out of the presidential race and forced to step down from his senate seat. got to love those double standards.
Double standard are a fact of life. You learn to move on. Besides, why do some white folks feel the need to comment on everything regarding black folks? You don't really see blacks folks discussing the meth problem, school shootings, or pedophilia in white communities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 03:46 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Watching this, it struck me that a race for the presidency is just part of the beginning of Obama's career. Barack is destined to be influential. He will be a catalyst for change no matter what office he holds.

If you'd like to hear an excellent job of speaking from the heart, here's a link to the video:

Barack Obama: Father's Day Speech
Another link
cbs2chicago.com - Obama Message to Dads: Act Like Men, Not Boys

Old 06-16-2008, 03:48 PM

I just could not believe how great a sppech he gave and the fact he gave it in my old church is even better! This is a wonderful and great man of values and morals and I honestly don't think you could ask for a better message for our times or for a better man to lead the country in these times!

Old 06-16-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
that was incredibly insightful and off topic. thanks for sharing.
It is not off topic at all. John McCain and his party always talk about "family values" and have none. Obama LIVES what the Republicans talk about.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:13 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Bill Cosby has been saying this for years. No one listens.
Yea, and Bill Cosby gets his keester handed to him everytime he does it too ... oh, but wait, these are words from the prophet Obama, it's different for him.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:26 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,090,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Yea, and Bill Cosby gets his keester handed to him everytime he does it too ... oh, but wait, these are words from the prophet Obama, it's different for him.
Why shouldn't it be? Really, what reasons does anyone have to listen to Bill Cosby?

Point being that Cosby is an entertainer, while Obama is a leader.

Last edited by wannabeaTexan; 06-16-2008 at 04:52 PM..

Old 06-16-2008, 04:42 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,245,808 times
As a black man with an absent father, Obama was certainly qualified to deliver this message. Let McCain deliver messages about the problems that geriatric men with mega-rich trophy wives have . . .

Old 06-16-2008, 04:47 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
CHICAGO - Barack Obama celebrated Father's Day by calling on black fathers, who he said are "missing from too many lives and too many homes," to become active in raising their children.

"They have abandoned their responsibilities, acting like boys instead of men. And the foundations of our families are weaker because of it," the Democratic presidential candidate said Sunday at a largely black church in his hometown

Obama tells black fathers to step up - Barack Obama News - MSNBC.com
As a product of a black home without a consistent father, i think this is an issue that needs more attention. I applaud Obama for speaking on this issue, but i still aint voting for him.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:53 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,090,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
As a product of a black home without a consistent father, i think this is an issue that needs more attention. I applaud Obama for speaking on this issue, but i still aint voting for him.
If you don't, the issue definitely will not get more attention. No one else cares.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:51 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeaTexan View Post
Why shouldn't it be? Really, what reasons does anyone have to listen to Bill Cosby?

Point being that Cosby is an entertainer, while Obama is a leader.
Bill Cosby is also a PhD ... he's qualified my dear. No wait .. he has an Ed.D .. still a doctorate ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections