Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 06:09 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,261 times

Advertisements

Obama said not only does he want Bill Clinton to help him win the election, he wants him to help him govern when he gets elected, I wonder what he means by this?
Is he serious, or is this pandering for votes??
He is also excited having Hillary with him on the trail......
this should be interesting.
who would have thought it....lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 06:14 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,603,956 times
Certainly not Senator Clinton's supporters who have switched to Senator McCain.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:19 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,434,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Certainly not Senator Clinton's supporters who have switched to Senator McCain.
LA Times/Bloomberg Poll 5-25

Quote:
the great majority of Clinton voters have transferred their allegiance to Obama, the poll found. Only 11% of Clinton voters have defected to McCain.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:44 PM

289 posts, read 362,193 times
Quote:
the great majority of Clinton voters have transferred their allegiance to Obama, the poll found. Only 11% of Clinton voters have defected to McCain.

Could this be that those 11% were Republican to begin with. I remember reading and hearing the news broadcast saying that 204,000 voters in Texas and Ohio were republican but voted for Clinton in the Primaries to help prolong the Democrat Primaries. I have to tell you that I was really surprised with all that support she had she couldn't raise enough money for her campaign then my young daughter said something that now makes a lot of sense. She said maybe those republicans that voted for her were never her supporters to begin with. She said maybe they thought she would be easier to beat in the fall. Makes a lot of sense now. How can someone with over 18 Million so called supporters be in debt 22 Million dollars.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:56 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,053,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsiderlookingin View Post
Quote:

Could this be that those 11% were Republican to begin with. I remember reading and hearing the news broadcast saying that 204,000 voters in Texas and Ohio were republican but voted for Clinton in the Primaries to help prolong the Democrat Primaries. I have to tell you that I was really surprised with all that support she had she couldn't raise enough money for her campaign then my young daughter said something that now makes a lot of sense. She said maybe those republicans that voted for her were never her supporters to begin with. She said maybe they thought she would be easier to beat in the fall. Makes a lot of sense now. How can someone with over 18 Million so called supporters be in debt 22 Million dollars.
Yup they were the ones voting for her as the first female candidate and now since that is no longer operative they go back to their traditional pattern. Should not suprise anyone.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:16 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,261 times
boy, are you guys off base
typical

Old 06-26-2008, 06:30 AM

454 posts, read 749,055 times
He is just pandering, this is the same guy who said there have not been any new ideas since Ronald Reagan. Why would you want to get help from someone with no new ideas?

At times I feel that most politicians think that the electorate are stupid, and they will buy everything they say.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:38 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,603,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnari View Post
He is just pandering, this is the same guy who said there have not been any new ideas since Ronald Reagan. Why would you want to get help from someone with no new ideas?

At times I feel that most politicians think that the electorate are stupid, and they will buy everything they say.
Like the Gas tax?

lol....

I'll bite...Give us a "new Idea".

Old 06-26-2008, 07:51 AM

454 posts, read 749,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Like the Gas tax?

lol....
Maybe, this might help you.

Obama is wrong about the gas tax | Salon

Obama does not have any solutions of his own, he is always criticizing the solutions of other people. Why does he not offer what he plans to do about the high gas prices? Do we have to hope that they will automatically decrease?

Old 06-26-2008, 07:51 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,871,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Obama said not only does he want Bill Clinton to help him win the election, he wants him to help him govern when he gets elected, I wonder what he means by this?
Is he serious, or is this pandering for votes??
He is also excited having Hillary with him on the trail......
this should be interesting.
who would have thought it....lol
He's pandering but you know with the economy in the shambles it is in, it's not a bad strategy. Regardless of Monica, Whitewater, and whatever other scandal you can bring up, the budget was balanced when Clinton left office. Obama would be a bigger moron than I thought if he didn't use the resources around him to bring about this change he's been trying to sell. I think it's funny b/c all the Obama folks on here said they would be mad if they joined forces. I'd like to hear from them now. Still gonna vote for your hope and change guy or are you bailing b/c he is just another politician like the rest of us said????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections