Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 07:40 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times

Advertisements

Fox News should be shutdown along with most of the corporate media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 08:14 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,743 times
This source shows differently mediabistro.com: TVNewser

http://www.stateofthenewsmedia.org/2008/narrative_cabletv_audience.php?cat=2&media=7 (broken link) This one says that FNC is the strongest news station.

Fox News Channel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Wikipedia says its the most viewed in its intro.

Fox News Channel Leads in 2007 Cable News Ratings - 1/4/2008 5:11:00 PM - Broadcasting & Cable This source says its the most viewed.

CNN - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Wikipedia's CNN intro says it is (CNN) 2nd behind FNC.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:32 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
I can't speak for anyone but me but I used to watch 3 hours of news programs a day and listen to talk radio on my car. I'm so disgusted with and turned off by all candidates for this current presidential election, the US Senate, the media and both political parties, that I've scaled back to regularly watching only one show a day during the week (Glenn Beck) and watching no national news shows on the weekend. I see manipulation by both parties and the media. I don't even have the stomach for magazines and books, anymore on the national political scene and I used to devour one book a week. Now, I'm reading historical nonfiction and I'm letting my magazine subscriptions run out.

So, for me it's not a matter of choosing one news show over another. I say, to heck with all of them. I doubt if I will even vote in November, I'm so turned off.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:35 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I can't speak for anyone but me but I used to watch 3 hours of news programs a day and listen to talk radio on my car. I'm so disgusted with and turned off by all candidates for this current presidential election, the US Senate, the media and both political parties, that I've scaled back to regularly watching only one show a day during the week (Glenn Beck) and watching no national news shows on the weekend. I see manipulation by both parties and the media. I don't even have the stomach for magazines and books, anymore on the national political scene and I used to devour one book a week. Now, I'm reading historical nonfiction and I'm letting my magazine subscriptions run out.

So, for me it's not a matter of choosing one news show over another. I say, to heck with all of them. I doubt if I will even vote in November, I'm so turned off.
Ahhh, Glenn Beck. He's awesome. I like Lou Dobbs too, I agree with Lou most of the time. The only problem is when I watch his show, I wind up really angry and mad by the end of the show after all the things Dobbs talks about (not because I disagree, but he really has this way of creating anger around certain issues).

Old 07-08-2008, 06:30 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Wolfson, former Clinton communications director, says that Fox News is "the fairest" of all the media.

That, coming from a Democrat, is notable. Those of you who don't like to hear the truth about your candidates won't agree, I'm sure.

It's not the Fox network that you don't like -- you can't stand hearing negative things about your candidate.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:41 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Wolfson, former Clinton communications director, says that Fox News is "the fairest" of all the media.

That, coming from a Democrat, is notable. Those of you who don't like to hear the truth about your candidates won't agree, I'm sure.

It's not the Fox network that you don't like -- you can't stand hearing negative things about your candidate.

I do believe that an independent news watchdog group named them "most fair and balance" in their coverage of the Democratic primaries. They didn't pick obvious sides, unlike the other networks.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:42 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,795,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I do believe that an independent news watchdog group named them "most fair and balance" in their coverage of the Democratic primaries. They didn't pick obvious sides, unlike the other networks.
Tell that to Ron Paul.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:47 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Tell that to Ron Paul.
Lol, he's not a Democrat.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:57 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

Wolfson and McAuliffe only said that stuff because their candidate (Clinton) was in the middle of a heated primary fight with Obama and they felt Hillary wasn't being treated fairly. Whether they really felt that way or it was a campaign tactic, who know? Ask them again today now that the race is a Republican versus a Democrat and you will get a much different answer.

Nobody except the blind really thinks Fox is "fair and Balanced" they are the official channel of the Republican party. BTW, here's what the "fair and balanced" Fox did to the journalists responsible for the story cited in the OP: http://mediamatters.org/items/200807020002

Last edited by Upton; 07-08-2008 at 07:06 AM..

Old 07-08-2008, 07:21 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Wolfson and McAuliffe only said that stuff because their candidate (Clinton) was in the middle of a heated primary fight with Obama and they felt Hillary wasn't being treated fairly. Whether they really felt that way or it was a campaign tactic, who know? Ask them again today now that the race is a Republican versus a Democrat and you will get a much different answer.
Does that mean you can't believe a Democrat, no matter what they say?

(you walked into that one).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections