Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 07:26 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,743 times

Advertisements

Were just a bunch of flaming liberals and crazy republicans. Get over it. If you dont like what we have to say, nobody says you have to be here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 07:35 AM
mga

230 posts, read 397,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
I think this board is a particularly good one. I've surfed around to various political forums and this one is tame and sane in comparison to some of them.
amen to that.

some forums are like sticking your hand in a nornet's nest if you don't agree with them.

but, as stated, it does make for good entertainment....you just have to keep your cool about things.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:42 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Care to share any of those other ones? Id prefer the more sane ones.

I started a thread on this topic, but I mostly got responses with ones I already visit that are specific to Ron Paul. Im looking for something non-candidate or party specific.
You might enjoy the politics section and others at randi.org ("a place to discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly and lively way"). Those guys are informed, examine information thoughtfully... most appear to be conservative and by logical choice. Politics - JREF Forum

You might like the several politics-related threads in Table Talk at Salon.com - posters there are well spoken, funny and conservative as well as liberal - though the general atmosphere may be a little more liberal than you'd like now that I think of it.

The Atlantic Monthly's website used to have a good, literate, calm, funny politics forum but it's gone now.

edit - Meant to say - maybe websites that focus on fields you're interested in - Martello towers, nematodes, alternate world histories - and that have discussion boards might have political boards too. And there's always Yahoo Groups!

Last edited by delusianne; 07-08-2008 at 07:52 AM.. Reason: forgot to say

Old 07-08-2008, 08:02 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You might enjoy the politics section and others at randi.org ("a place to discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly and lively way"). Those guys are informed, examine information thoughtfully... most appear to be conservative and by logical choice. Politics - JREF Forum

You might like the several politics-related threads in Table Talk at Salon.com - posters there are well spoken, funny and conservative as well as liberal - though the general atmosphere may be a little more liberal than you'd like now that I think of it.

The Atlantic Monthly's website used to have a good, literate, calm, funny politics forum but it's gone now.

edit - Meant to say - maybe websites that focus on fields you're interested in - Martello towers, nematodes, alternate world histories - and that have discussion boards might have political boards too. And there's always Yahoo Groups!
Thanks! Ill check those out, I really appreciate the info!

I will however stay away from Yahoo...past experience with their stock message boards was an absolute waste of time.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:04 AM

Quote:
I will however stay away from Yahoo...past experience with their stock message boards was an absolute waste of time.
I think that's where the 16-year-olds hang out when they're not thinking of thread topics for us

Old 07-08-2008, 08:28 AM

956 posts, read 1,235,069 times
Quote:
Care to share any of those other ones? Id prefer the more sane ones.

I started a thread on this topic, but I mostly got responses with ones I already visit that are specific to Ron Paul. Im looking for something non-candidate or party specific.
I wish I could. What I said was that THIS one is tame and sane compared to others. I haven't found any I'll even post on. So I leave as quickly as I find them. I like this one .... think it's relatively balanced considering.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:31 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,640,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
You people are insane.

I am going to take the position of the majority of Americans here and ask, "WTF" is wrong with you?

Seriously.

If I ever meet any of you on the street and you acted the way you do on this board I would probably laugh in your face and not buy socks from you.

These posts are bat-sh*t crazy.

Obama is a muslim fist-bumping terrorist whose wife hates america? McCain doesn't know what gas costs?

Both sides sound like idiots and most of us hate the fact that you guys act like we agree with you. Personally I would like to see all of you mysteriously vanish from the face of the earth and force the candidates to avoid the extremists (yes you) and focus on issues that real people care about (i.e. not middle names or countries of origin...Panama or Nigeria).

Maybe once you've taken your meds, things won't seem so bleak here.....

Old 07-08-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
I think that's in the ToS.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:45 PM

956 posts, read 1,235,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Now that's funny ... short and sweet. I tried to give you rep but it wouldn't let me ... said I had to spread it around. I thought I had!!!!

Old 07-08-2008, 05:56 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,954,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
You people are insane.

I am going to take the position of the majority of Americans here and ask, "WTF" is wrong with you?

Seriously.

If I ever meet any of you on the street and you acted the way you do on this board I would probably laugh in your face and not buy socks from you.

These posts are bat-sh*t crazy.

Obama is a muslim fist-bumping terrorist whose wife hates america? McCain doesn't know what gas costs?

Both sides sound like idiots and most of us hate the fact that you guys act like we agree with you. Personally I would like to see all of you mysteriously vanish from the face of the earth and force the candidates to avoid the extremists (yes you) and focus on issues that real people care about (i.e. not middle names or countries of origin...Panama or Nigeria).
Love you too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections