Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 09:16 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,670,066 times

Advertisements

Funny that they don't make their Financial Report publicly available on their website like most orgs... you have to request a copy.

Looks like mediatransparency got a copy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 09:16 AM

4,147 posts, read 8,004,817 times
From CBS! (for Upton)

Obama Got Discount On Home Loan, Washington Post: Campaign Defends Lower Rate For 2005 Mortgage As Lender Competition For Business - CBS News (broken link)
Quote:
The freshman Democratic senator received a discount. He locked in an interest rate of 5.625 percent on the 30-year fixed-rate mortgage, below the average for such loans at the time in Chicago. The loan was unusually large, known in banker lingo as a "super super jumbo." Obama paid no origination fee or discount points, as some consumers do to reduce their interest rates.
Quote:
Compared with the average terms offered at the time in Chicago, Obama's rate could have saved him more than $300 per month.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:20 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,480,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post

You do know that McCain committed adultery as well?
Is that in reference to him dating while in the midst of a divorce? I guess if you want to call that adultery.

Quote:
I care about the President having the same outlook on the issues that I do.
Sex, drugs and rock n roll?

Old 07-10-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
From CBS! (for Upton)

Obama Got Discount On Home Loan, Washington Post: Campaign Defends Lower Rate For 2005 Mortgage As Lender Competition For Business - CBS News (broken link)

he has already thought about how to defuse this as garbage.....Dump money into all the folks that got had by the banking industry and bail them out of their what was called "illegal" loans....They'll never look any further into it then.

Banks would never....

Old 07-10-2008, 09:24 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
You're neither a good liar nor a good disinformation artist.

Note that no American companies are on the lists, and note that there are only two British companies. I checked out both British companies and neither are located in the UK. One I could find no info on and the other is located in South Africa. More than likely they're MI6 front companies.

Is the point of your first sentence that they succeeded in a FOIA request?

What is the point of your last paragraph?

Old 07-10-2008, 09:25 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
he has already thought about how to defuse this as garbage.....Dump money into all the folks that got had by the banking industry and bail them out of their what was called "illegal" loans....They'll never look any further into it then.

Banks would never....
Could you clarify this, please? I'm too stupid to understand it.

14,044 posts, read 27,229,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Judicial watch is a right wing joke, they file lawsuits over everything and never win.
Kind of irrelevant there, attacking Judical Watch serves no purpose.

Either he obtained favorable treatment or he didn't, and the issue is very simple to resolve. All they have to do is get the record of Northern Trust loans over the Jumbo limit withing 10 days (both ways) of Obama's loan. It is very easy to solve this issue.

If they gave him a better rate than everyone else, the complaint is valid.

If they gave others the same rate, then Judical Watch ends up with less credibility.

I see no reason for the back and forth stuff here, all that needs to be done is analyze the business end of this transaction in comparison to similar loans during that period. It probably wouldn't take more than a day or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Judicial Watch is a Republican front group financed almost exclusively by Richard Mellon Scaife:

Judicial Watch

Come on you can do better:

Media Transparency....The money behind the conservative media....

Do you even check your links out before posting them?

Can't call the pot black if your using the kettles words....

Old 07-10-2008, 09:26 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,670,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Is that in reference to him dating while in the midst of a divorce? I guess if you want to call that adultery.

Sex, drugs and rock n roll?
No, way, way before the divorce.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
You do know, that you if check the CITES at the bottom, you can verify the facts for yourself, which is why I indicated that in my previous post.

And you do realize that you, yourself have used Wiki entries in the past to prove your points?
Yup....if you'll just check the edit box on those quotes

Should say something like ugh.....I hate wiki...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections