Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 08:40 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Sampling 1000 people ain't gonna give you an accurate picture of how the entire populous feels on the issue.
But wait! Only half of those knew about the speech. A quarter of the 500 thought it was excellent, almost 20% thought it poor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 08:40 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
Yes. Sorry if I didn't inform you. Kool-aid and "drinking the kool-aid" are cheesy, overused sayings, and we'll all be better off moving onto a newer and fresher one.
Yeah, like McCain supporters drink Geritol.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:41 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,767,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
Yes. Sorry if I didn't inform you. Kool-aid and "drinking the kool-aid" are cheesy, overused sayings, and we'll all be better off moving onto a newer and fresher one.
Yeah, right, in your book, maybe. Carry on, y'all, nothing to see here, nothing to read, just more of the same, tiring stuff. Use your own judgment, as YMMV. The rule is, there are no "rules" as it pertains to the usage of "kool-aid", except to be decent.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:49 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,804 times
Big hit in Germany, where on earth did you ever get that line of crap?

Our military connection in Germany told us that he was not as expected and people felt he was reaching in their wallets when he made the STUPID remark that shut the entire crowd down.

We were told by the end that people were walking away stunned that this man would come to their country and ask them to help on his mission to heal the world.

Sorry, he did not come away well liked, I know you think so. But, talk to someone on the ground in Germany like we have.

And hit here, what a joke, not many saw the speech and not many cared to see him look like the American traitor he is.

Wow, they ask 100 people and 51 of them loved the speech. 100 looney left wackos just got a box of candy for voting in this pool.

For me he came off as a traitor and in Germany he came off as a fool who came to their country to only make a HUGE MISTAKE asking them to help.

Come on, even people in other countries see what most of us see, that Obama is out for Obama and the heck with you.

The world is saying NOBAMA 08

Old 07-26-2008, 09:01 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,494,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post

Our military connection in Germany told us that he was not as expected and people felt he was reaching in their wallets when he made the STUPID remark that shut the entire crowd down.

We were told by the end that people were walking away stunned that this man would come to their country and ask them to help on his mission to heal the world.

Sorry, he did not come away well liked, I know you think so. But, talk to someone on the ground in Germany like we have.

And hit here, what a joke, not many saw the speech and not many cared to see him look like the American traitor he is.

Wow, they ask 100 people and 51 of them loved the speech. 100 looney left wackos just got a box of candy for voting in this pool.

For me he came off as a traitor and in Germany he came off as a fool who came to their country to only make a HUGE MISTAKE asking them to help.

Come on, even people in other countries see what most of us see, that Obama is out for Obama and the heck with you.

Are you making everything up as you go along?

Quote:
WORLD NEWS: "Europeans Much Prefer Obama: Polls Show Support Across Continent; U.S. More Liked, Too," by John D. McKinnon, John W. Miller and Marc Champion, Wall Street Journal, 9 June 2008, p. A10.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:02 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post

Whatever. Anyway, not for the first time, you've got a few things incorrect. First off the thread is about Obama's speech being a big hit in America not Germany. Tell your "military connection" I'm deeply sorry that his information is of no value.

Secondly, it's 55% not 51 who felt Obama's speech was excellent or good. It's all about reading comprehension Sunshine, even you can do it.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Secondly, it's 55% not 51 who felt Obama's speech was excellent or good. It's all about reading comprehension Sunshine, even you can do it.
Haha, that's just hilarious.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:00 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
The Berlin speech was entirely in English. And he started it off by saying he wasn't there as a presidential candidate but as a citizen (a HUGE lie btw). And as far as I can tell, Obama only spoke English throughout his entire trip abroad. So... so much for him saying a few short weeks ago that we all needed to learn a second language.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
The Berlin speech was entirely in English. And he started it off by saying he wasn't there as a presidential candidate but as a citizen (a HUGE lie btw). And as far as I can tell, Obama only spoke English throughout his entire trip abroad. So... so much for him saying a few short weeks ago that we all needed to learn a second language.
So now you're knocking the guy for inability to speak fluent German?

I don't speak many languages, but I still think that Americans should learn as many languages as they can. Why not?

Old 07-27-2008, 07:47 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
So basically, 13% said it was excellent. WOW!! Stop the presses!! 13%!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections