Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 11:22 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times

Advertisements

He is SO anti-American it's scary....

H.R. 2642 (Military Construction and Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 ) Measure Title: A bill making appropriations for military construction, the Department of Veterans Affairs, and related agencies for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2008, and for other purposes.

Alphabetical by Senator Name Akaka (D-HI), Yea
Alexander (R-TN), Yea
Allard (R-CO), Nay
Barrasso (R-WY), Yea
Baucus (D-MT), Yea
Bayh (D-IN), Yea
Bennett (R-UT), Yea
Biden (D-DE), Yea
Bingaman (D-NM), Yea
Bond (R-MO), Yea
Boxer (D-CA), Yea
Brown (D-OH), Yea
Brownback (R-KS), Yea
Bunning (R-KY), Yea
Burr (R-NC), Yea
Byrd (D-WV), Yea
Cantwell (D-WA), Yea
Cardin (D-MD), Yea
Carper (D-DE), Yea
Casey (D-PA), Yea
Chambliss (R-GA), Yea
Clinton (D-NY), Yea
Coburn (R-OK), Nay
Cochran (R-MS), Yea
Coleman (R-MN), Yea
Collins (R-ME), Yea
Conrad (D-ND), Yea
Corker (R-TN), Yea
Cornyn (R-TX), Yea
Craig (R-ID), Nay
Crapo (R-ID), Yea
DeMint (R-SC), Nay
Dodd (D-CT), Yea
Dole (R-NC), Yea
Domenici (R-NM), Yea
Dorgan (D-ND), Yea
Durbin (D-IL), Yea
Ensign (R-NV), Yea
Enzi (R-WY), Yea
Feingold (D-WI), Yea
Feinstein (D-CA), Yea
Graham (R-SC), Yea
Grassley (R-IA), Yea
Gregg (R-NH), Yea
Hagel (R-NE), Yea
Harkin (D-IA), Yea
Hatch (R-UT), Yea
Hutchison (R-TX), Yea
Inhofe (R-OK), Yea
Inouye (D-HI), Yea
Isakson (R-GA), Yea
Johnson (D-SD), Yea
Kennedy (D-MA), Not Voting
Kerry (D-MA), Yea
Klobuchar (D-MN), Yea
Kohl (D-WI), Yea
Kyl (R-AZ), Nay
Landrieu (D-LA), Yea
Lautenberg (D-NJ), Yea
Leahy (D-VT), Yea
Levin (D-MI), Yea
Lieberman (ID-CT), Yea
Lincoln (D-AR), Yea
Lugar (R-IN), Yea
Martinez (R-FL), Yea
McCain (R-AZ), Not Voting
McCaskill (D-MO), Yea
McConnell (R-KY), Yea
Menendez (D-NJ), Yea
Mikulski (D-MD), Yea
Murkowski (R-AK), Yea
Murray (D-WA), Yea
Nelson (D-FL), Yea
Nelson (D-NE), Yea
Obama (D-IL), Yea
Pryor (D-AR), Yea
Reed (D-RI), Yea
Reid (D-NV), Yea
Roberts (R-KS), Yea
Rockefeller (D-WV), Yea
Salazar (D-CO), Yea
Sanders (I-VT), Yea
Schumer (D-NY), Yea
Sessions (R-AL), Yea
Shelby (R-AL), Yea
Smith (R-OR), Yea
Snowe (R-ME), Yea
Specter (R-PA), Yea
Stabenow (D-MI), Yea
Stevens (R-AK), Yea
Sununu (R-NH), Yea
Tester (D-MT), Yea
Thune (R-SD), Yea
Vitter (R-LA), Yea
Voinovich (R-OH), Nay
Warner (R-VA), Yea
Webb (D-VA), Yea
Whitehouse (D-RI), Yea
Wicker (R-MS), Yea
Wyden (D-OR), Yea

Old 07-27-2008, 11:36 PM

McCain Lies to Vet About Voting Record

By [SIZE=1]Tommy Christopher[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]Jul 10th 2008 10:55AM[/SIZE] Filed Under:e[SIZE=1]Republicans[/SIZE][SIZE=1], [/SIZE][SIZE=1]John McCain[/SIZE][SIZE=1], [/SIZE][SIZE=1]Breaking News[/SIZE][SIZE=1], [/SIZE][SIZE=1]2008 President[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]

At a town hall meeting in Denver on Monday, John McCain was called onto the carpet, by a fellow Vietnam veteran, voting record on veterans' issues.

What was McCain's response? To ignore the man's question (twice), lie about his own record, and tacitly accuse his fellow vet of lying.

Here's the video, with commentary by Rachel Maddow. Here's a transcript of the exchange: (from The Washington Independent)
The first question from the audience came from a Vietnam veteran, who challenged McCain's record of supporting health care for veterans. It was followed by this testy exchange, during which McCain fell back on his endorsements from veteran groups:

McCain: "I don't know what bill you're referring to...and I'll be glad to have you refer to it. The reason why I have a perfect voting record from organizations like Veterans of Foreign Wars and American Legion and all the other veterans' service organizations is because I support them."

Audience Member: "You do not have a perfect voting record with [Disabled American Veterans] and VFW. That's where these votes are recorded. The votes were for proposals by your colleagues in the Senate to increase health-care funding for the [Veterans Administration] in 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006, for troops returning from Iraq and Afghanistan. You voted against those proposals. I can give the numbers of those Senate votes right now."

McCain: "I thank you and I'd be glad to examine what your version of my record is. Again, I've been endorsed in every election by all of the veterans' organizations that do that. I've been supported by them and received the highest awards from all of those organizations, so I guess they don't know something you know. I thank you very much and I will continue to be proud of my support for the veterans of this country."
Has McCain never heard the old adage, "Never try to bull**** a guy who's clutching a sheaf of papers?" I think it was Mark Twain.

I really loved this part: "I'd be glad to examine what your version of my record is."

I bet he would, since the man apparently had the version that was true. From The Independent:
Disabled American Veterans gave McCain a dismal 20 percent rating, out of a possible 100 percent, during the second session of the 109th Congress, which ended in January 2007 -- their most recent rating. Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America gave McCain a grade of 'D.'

Vietnam Veterans of America does not offer a rating or grade, but they do provide a chart that compares McCain's vote to their preferred position. Since 2001, McCain voted with VVA nine times and against them 15 times. He also missed eight votes.
In the words of Maxwell Smart, "Missed it by that much!"

The McCain campaign is clearly unprepared in this area, and it could cost McCain dearly. His image as an honorable warrior is the biggest of his few remaining assets. He runs the risk of eroding that with things like this, or his hiring of a Swift Boat Veteran for his "Truth Squad." Both of these hits were self-inflicted, and McCain should make sure that, the next time one of his brothers in arms wants some answers, he is ready with some true ones

Old 07-28-2008, 12:46 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,239,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I'm certainly not a McCain apologist but anti-american? I imagine he went through all he did in Vietnam simply because he had nothing better to do right?

Old 07-28-2008, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
I'm certainly not a McCain apologist but anti-american? I imagine he went through all he did in Vietnam simply because he had nothing better to do right?
Yes, if you continually vote against our troops, our vets, then you are anti-American.

WHY he was in Vietnam only he knows.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:52 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,439,525 times
Quote:
Yes, if you continually vote against our troops, our vets, then you are anti-American.

WHY he was in Vietnam only he knows.

After finishing a woeful 894 out of 899 at the Naval Academy his daddy the Admiral got him a gig as a pilot.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:56 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,186,811 times
Quote:
Audience Member: "You do not have a perfect voting record with [Disabled American Veterans] and VFW. That's where these votes are recorded. The votes were for proposals by your colleagues in the Senate to increase health-care funding for the [Veterans Administration] in 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006, for troops returning from Iraq and Afghanistan. You voted against those proposals. I can give the numbers of those Senate votes right now."
Dont you hate it when they're prepared like that!

Old 07-28-2008, 08:58 AM

He wasn't there because his version of the amendment was rejected. He was sulking.

Great presidential timber! Way to respect the American people, RNC!

Old 07-28-2008, 08:58 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,612,700 times
Quote:

H.R. 2642 (Military Construction and Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 ) Measure Title: A bill making appropriations for military construction, the Department of Veterans Affairs, and related agencies for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2008, and for other purposes.

Alphabetical by Senator Name
Akaka (D-HI), Yea
Alexander (R-TN), Yea
Allard (R-CO), Nay
Barrasso (R-WY), Yea
Baucus (D-MT), Yea
Bayh (D-IN), Yea
Bennett (R-UT), Yea
Biden (D-DE), Yea
Bingaman (D-NM), Yea
Bond (R-MO), Yea
Boxer (D-CA), Yea
Brown (D-OH), Yea
Brownback (R-KS), Yea
Bunning (R-KY), Yea
Burr (R-NC), Yea
Byrd (D-WV), Yea
Cantwell (D-WA), Yea
Cardin (D-MD), Yea
Carper (D-DE), Yea
Casey (D-PA), Yea
Chambliss (R-GA), Yea
Clinton (D-NY), Yea
Coburn (R-OK), Nay
Cochran (R-MS), Yea
Coleman (R-MN), Yea
Collins (R-ME), Yea
Conrad (D-ND), Yea
Corker (R-TN), Yea
Cornyn (R-TX), Yea
Craig (R-ID), Nay
Crapo (R-ID), Yea
DeMint (R-SC), Nay
Dodd (D-CT), Yea
Dole (R-NC), Yea
Domenici (R-NM), Yea
Dorgan (D-ND), Yea
Durbin (D-IL), Yea
Ensign (R-NV), Yea
Enzi (R-WY), Yea
Feingold (D-WI), Yea
Feinstein (D-CA), Yea
Graham (R-SC), Yea
Grassley (R-IA), Yea
Gregg (R-NH), Yea
Hagel (R-NE), Yea
Harkin (D-IA), Yea
Hatch (R-UT), Yea
Hutchison (R-TX), Yea
Inhofe (R-OK), Yea
Inouye (D-HI), Yea
Isakson (R-GA), Yea
Johnson (D-SD), Yea
Kennedy (D-MA), Not Voting
Kerry (D-MA), Yea
Klobuchar (D-MN), Yea
Kohl (D-WI), Yea
Kyl (R-AZ), Nay
Landrieu (D-LA), Yea
Lautenberg (D-NJ), Yea
Leahy (D-VT), Yea
Levin (D-MI), Yea
Lieberman (ID-CT), Yea
Lincoln (D-AR), Yea
Lugar (R-IN), Yea
Martinez (R-FL), Yea
McCain (R-AZ), Not Voting
McCaskill (D-MO), Yea
McConnell (R-KY), Yea
Menendez (D-NJ), Yea
Mikulski (D-MD), Yea
Murkowski (R-AK), Yea
Murray (D-WA), Yea
Nelson (D-FL), Yea
Nelson (D-NE), Yea
Obama (D-IL), Yea
Pryor (D-AR), Yea
Reed (D-RI), Yea
Reid (D-NV), Yea
Roberts (R-KS), Yea
Rockefeller (D-WV), Yea
Salazar (D-CO), Yea
Sanders (I-VT), Yea
Schumer (D-NY), Yea
Sessions (R-AL), Yea
Shelby (R-AL), Yea
Smith (R-OR), Yea
Snowe (R-ME), Yea
Specter (R-PA), Yea
Stabenow (D-MI), Yea
Stevens (R-AK), Yea
Sununu (R-NH), Yea
Tester (D-MT), Yea
Thune (R-SD), Yea
Vitter (R-LA), Yea
Voinovich (R-OH), Nay
Warner (R-VA), Yea
Webb (D-VA), Yea
Whitehouse (D-RI), Yea
Wicker (R-MS), Yea
Wyden (D-OR), Yea
Wow, This was a really big Bi-Partisan Effort. It looks like Senator McCain wasn't willing to work across the isle and support the troops. Is working across the isle all talk when it comes to signing on and Voting? Is it just a campaign slogan?

Old 07-28-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Wow, This was a really big Bi-Partisan Effort. It looks like Senator McCain wasn't willing to work across the isle and support the troops. Is working across the isle all talk when it comes to signing on and Voting? Is it just a campaign slogan?
Oh no, I'm sure you're wrong since on Sunday McCain told Stephanopoulis he always worked across the aisle....

Didn't (Mc)Cain kill his brother.....?.. or just show him no respect or human decency???

Old 07-28-2008, 09:02 AM

Notice how Obama voted - that sneaky liar! Voting "Yea" to trick us into thinking he supports the troops! WHAT A RAT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections