Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 09:19 PM

1,867 posts, read 4,078,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Give me a break.

Slavery was 150 years ago... Yes, get over it!

And if the whites are what you posted the first thing that come to mind for blacks to me are aggression, hate, murder, rape, criminal, thieves, torture.

And who founded America from the start and built it to what it is today? Whites.

You never knew what slavery was, do you think you would be here today if it was not for slavery? Get over it, it happened 150 years ago and you are still whining about it.

By the way, far more worse things have happened to whites in this country then slavery. And it was WHITES who freed the slaves.

So is it racist for a black person to vote for Obama because you think he is black? Surely your not voting on talents?
I am white, but I'm not blind and see that there has been no change in how people are classified. It is what it is, but why say people aren't classified as black if one parent is black when that is precisely the case? We've all filled out government forms or others that ask for our race.

Actually Jim Crow ended far more recently than 150 years ago, and many of the same laws or newly horrible ones, were extended after slavery. So why pretend that things all became equal 150 years ago. Educate yourself on our country's history. There is no shame in understanding our past.

Actually it was slaves who built up many parts of this country, not the slave holders. It was their free labor, it was they who were brutally sold away from their families, beaten and starved, so how dare you make these comments. And what you mean by "far more worse things have happened to whites in this country than slavery" I cannot figure out. It appears you believe it was whites who suffered under slavery. Again, I urge you to read the slave accounts so that you can acquaint yourself with some actual American history rather than the baseless opinions you have conjured up about how things have been and are today. You are just so incredibly ignorant! Its almost embarrassing..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 09:21 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Somehow I don't think being proud to be white, owning a internet company or making money on ebay qualify as staying on topic. This is not a chat room!
Being young, black and smart mouthed as your moniker states qualifies you do start a chat room of your own.

And I didn't take this off topic. Read the entire thread before posting.

SO THE TOPIC IS LIBERALS THOUGHT OBAMA WAS PICKING SOMEONE BASED ON TALENT AND SKILL, IF HE PICKS TIM KAINE THEN THIS WILL JUST SHOW THAT THE OBAMATRUNKS OF THE WORLD HAVE BEEN FOOLED ONCE AGAIN. KAINE WILL BE PICKED BECAUSE OBAMA NEEDS VIRIGINIA THAT BAD!!

Guess the liberals dont know Obama too wellHere is the headline:

Old 07-29-2008, 09:23 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
So this Obama thing is what I have thought it was then, blacks are voting for him based on him being black... huummmm now that is racist !
Black people who have voted democrat in past elections are probably going to vote democrat in this election and because they don't want to vote for John McCain.

There are some black people who are voting for Obama because they agree with his stance on the issues and because they don't want to vote for John McCain.

Yes, there are some black people who are voting for Obama out of pride and because they don't want to vote for John McCain.

There are some black people who aren't voting because they disagree/dislike Obama and all the hype around him being the Great Black Hope and because they don't want to vote for John McCain.

In the end black people have a lot of reasons for voting for Obama, for you to imply that black people are only voting based on race is ignorant.

Last edited by nat_at772; 07-29-2008 at 09:34 PM..

Old 07-29-2008, 09:26 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,451,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
Actually it was slaves who built up many parts of this country, not the slave holders. It was their free labor, it was they who were brutally sold away from their families, beaten and starved, so how dare you make these comments. And what you mean by "far more worse things have happened to whites in this country than slavery" I cannot figure out. It appears you believe it was whites who suffered under slavery. Again, I urge you to read the slave accounts so that you can acquaint yourself with some actual American history rather than the baseless opinions you have conjured up about how things have been and are today. You are just so incredibly ignorant! Its almost embarrassing..
Well said....reps for you.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Being young, black and smart mouthed as your moniker states qualifies you do start a chat room of your own.

And I didn't take this off topic. Read the entire thread before posting.

SO THE TOPIC IS LIBERALS THOUGHT OBAMA WAS PICKING SOMEONE BASED ON TALENT AND SKILL, IF HE PICKS TIM KAINE THEN THIS WILL JUST SHOW THAT THE OBAMATRUNKS OF THE WORLD HAVE BEEN FOOLED ONCE AGAIN. KAINE WILL BE PICKED BECAUSE OBAMA NEEDS VIRIGINIA THAT BAD!!

Guess the liberals dont know Obama too wellHere is the headline:
Yes but I am not discussing my moniker in the forum. I did read the entire thread, which is how I know that we stopped talking about Obama's VP choice - the supposed topic of this thread - and about racial hatred, the businesses you own and your income. And the title of this thread really isn't connected to the topic - I'm going to suggest the Mods change it to "Will Obama pick a VP based on skill or geography." since that seems to be the topic you want to discuss.

Okay so you have presented the topic - can you share your feelings/thoughts behind it? Why did you feel this was important enough to create a thread? Do you think Tim Kaine is a bad VP choice? Who do you think would be better? See part of the rules is when you have an stance on something you should explain why so that other posters can reply to your comments and not you yourself.

I'm ready when you are.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:29 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times
As an aside. Writing in bold and red and capital letters does not impress

Old 07-29-2008, 09:29 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
I am white, but I'm not blind and see that there has been no change in how people are classified. It is what it is, but why say people aren't classified as black if one parent is black when that is precisely the case? We've all filled out government forms or others that ask for our race.

Actually Jim Crow ended far more recently than 150 years ago, and many of the same laws or newly horrible ones, were extended after slavery. So why pretend that things all became equal 150 years ago. Educate yourself on our country's history. There is no shame in understanding our past.

Good post! Yes, isn't it amazing how hate can blind people to the actual facts of our history....

Old 07-29-2008, 09:32 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,494,328 times
Just remember Sunshine Chick, that if you were to express any of those opinions in a public place, what do you think people would think of you? You'd get laughed out of any place except a Klan meeting.

Good Rule of Thumb? If you'd be embarrassed to say it in public, don't say it on the internet.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:34 PM

45 posts, read 164,492 times
Quote:
Read it right here from a liberal who told me that he was not black.

He is more white then he is black I was told.

And I voted for Obama here in my state, then realized what an idiot he is.

So this Obama thing is what I have thought it was then, blacks are voting for him based on him being black... huummmm now that is racist !
Another fact deficient post. Blacks have voted overwhelming democrat for years. What would keep them from supporting a democrat this year. There are going to be people who vote for Obama simply because he is black the same way there are going to people who vote against Obama simply because he is black.

As a self-proclaimed "young white female", how on earth are you an expert on "blackness"? He doesn't fit a stereotype that the media has portrayed for most black men? I'm an articulate college student. I'm African-American from a middle class upbringing. Am I fooling everyone into thinking I'm Black too?

Quit being such a simpleton.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaks88 View Post
Another fact deficient post. Blacks have voted overwhelming democrat for years. What would keep them from supporting a democrat this year. There are going to be people who vote for Obama simply because he is black the same way there are going to people who vote against Obama simply because he is black.

As a self-proclaimed "young white female", how on earth are you an expert on "blackness"? He doesn't fit a stereotype that the media has portrayed for most black men? I'm an articulate college student. I'm African-American from a middle class upbringing. Am I fooling everyone into thinking I'm Black too?

Quit being such a simpleton.
You didn't fool me. If you were you would have said "Some black folks gone vote for Obama cus he black just like some ain't cause he black"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections