Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2008, 10:48 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,483,289 times

Advertisements

Andrea Mitchell's lies anger both sides. No one should take this woman seriously.

Daily Kos: Andrea Mitchell, we demand a correction (update: blog roll building, please join in)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 05:29 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Are you trying to smear Andrea Mitchell because she pointed out the lies in McCain's ad?

Hmmm, let me guess.

FactCheck.org: Snubbing Wounded Troops?

Old 08-19-2008, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Are you trying to smear Andrea Mitchell because she pointed out the lies in McCain's ad?

Hmmm, let me guess.

FactCheck.org: Snubbing Wounded Troops?

It's no different than Obama implying that McCain really believes to be rich starts at $5,000,000 a year. Although McCain literally said it, that is not his actal stance.

The content of McCain's ad on Obama not meeting the troops in Germany is factual. But the impication that Obama snubbed the troops to serve himself is certainly a stretch. I agree with you delusianne.

But that's not my beef with Andrea Mitchell. I just think she's misleading, erratic and stupid. The Daily KOS thinks so too.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:03 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
It's no different than Obama implying that McCain really believes to be rich starts at $5,000,000 a year. Although McCain literally said it, that is not his actal stance.

The content of McCain's ad on Obama not meeting the troops in Germany is factual. But the impication that Obama snubbed the troops to serve himself is certainly a stretch. I agree with you delusianne.

But that's not my beef with Andrea Mitchell. I just think she's misleading, erratic and stupid. The Daily KOS thinks so too.
Well, I dont know, your link is about the Plame affair from 2005. I tried to read about that at your link and at wikipedia and the links w'pedia gave but it was too complicated for this early in the morning. It looks to me as if she just was a blabbymouth like Robert Novak at the time but I really cant make sense of it.

I know nothing about her other than that she's married to Alan Greenspan, of all people. She's been a Washington correspondent for NBC for a long time, so how stupid or how much of a habitual liar can she be?

Old 08-19-2008, 08:06 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times
she is both, a liar and stupid
she thinks because she works form NBC/MSNBC she will not be questioned
she was very rude in reporting about Bill and Hillary Clinton to the point of making
grimaces
it goes with the media that is in the tank for Obama.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post

The content of McCain's ad on Obama not meeting the troops in Germany is factual. But the implication that Obama snubbed the troops to serve himself is a stretch.
But maybe not too much of a stretch.

The Obama campaign canceled the visit with wounded troops at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany, Obama says, when he learned that the Pentagon would not allow him to bring along a retired Air Force major general who is serving as a foreign policy adviser to the campaign. Obama says that "triggered then a concern that maybe our visit was going to be perceived as political."

Maybe Andrea got it wrong again.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:44 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,767,728 times
AM is getting paid well to "report" for NBC, to offer her "opinions" for NBC. She's naive, she's in the tank for the dems. To ignore her would be easy, if the dems would do the same, and if the mis- and/or uninformed would search out her accusations instead of riding the wagon with her. I take her with a grain - no, a block of salt, and move on. She's nothing, actually, but because she is sitting in a high-chair, and is able to look down her nose at her minions, a lot of people worship her. Hm, that sounds like o, doesn't it?

Old 08-19-2008, 09:08 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,224,933 times
I hadn't really noticed Mitchell until the primary fight between Obama and Clinton this past spring. As some others have stated, she didn't come off as very objective in her reporting of their differences, coming off as taking a rooting interest in Obama.

I was a bit surprised, it was kind of like watching a pro game on TV and listening to the home team announcers.

I didn't really expect that from her, perhaps I just hadn't been paying attention to her reporting in previous years.

Regarding this episode, she was irresponsible. Her obligation was to question those complaining about the "leaked" questions and ask how they came to their conclusion. If she was going to report on it, she shouldn't have approached it in an irresponsible gossip manner.

Until recently I have generally been a MSM defender, but not anymore. Difficult as it is for me to believe, I actually have more faith in the National Enquirer than I do many "legit" news sources.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:34 AM

2 posts, read 2,169 times
Default Agreed

This woman is stupid. She doesn't get it -- she doesn't get anything. But, if you're married to Alan Greenspan, what's to worry.

shalom
index
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections