Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 02:56 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,428,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homlish560 View Post
Your opinion is your opinion.

As for my opinion-----
Bush is the last person I want my federal tax dollars going to support for the rest of his life at 400k/year.

You're right. But the damage is done with Bush. This is about NOT making the same mistake twice.... the "uniter" in 2000 was Bush. This year, the self-proclaimed "uniter" is Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 03:01 PM

38 posts, read 63,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Obama is weird and he talks out of both sides of his mouth.

How is McCain any different?
I think all politicians enjoy talking out of both sides of their mouth. They will say anything to get elected and never back it up.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:05 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,735,437 times
Quote:
I would lay down money, if I were a betting girl, that Obama picked Hillary for his VP
he can not win without her!
He is using a lot of her words now in his stump speech's
he promises to "fight for us"
Anybody here buy that?? LOL
He is trying to get her supporters, but a lot of us would not vote for him even with her on the ticket, I sure would not.
This will show that Hillary was right, he can not win on his own, he needs her.
This will be the great gnashing of Obama's minon's teeth, I can not wait it hear the groans..............
I doubt it would be Hillary, he needs somebody with some kind of experience or seniority and Hillary definitely isn't it.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman27 View Post
How is McCain any different?
I think all politicians enjoy talking out of both sides of their mouth. They will say anything to get elected and never back it up.

He's not. But McCain isn't running on a platform of "change" from politics as usual, nor does he hold himself to the standard Obama pretends he meets.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:10 PM

1,287 posts, read 5,027,555 times
Quote:
I am voting for the one that I think will make the best president,
John McCain.
At first, I thought I would suck it up and vote for Obama when the primaries were over. But I have found out more about John McCain and I like him.
Obama keeps spinning out in left field and I can not vote for him.
Obama is weird and he talks out of both sides of his mouth. I have no respect for him at all.
Then after hearing them this past week, John McCain went from me just giving him my vote, to me giving him my support.
Sounds to me like you are a closet Republican who is finally coming out. I just don't see how it is possible how anyone who agrees with and stands for the same liberal agenda, principles and policy positions as Bill and Hilary Clinton would ever vote for a right wing conservative like McCain.

You are essentially saying that you support the overturn of Roe v. Rade, support the appointment of more justices like Thomas and Scalia, are in favor of keeping the U.S. in Iraq, support the continuation of the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy, don't believe in universal healthcare, and the list goes on. Or you are at least willing to advance such an agenda with your vote without regard for the consequences or implications on the country.

I am curious, did you ever vote for Ronald Reagan or for Bush I or Bush II?

Old 08-21-2008, 03:12 PM

Location: Just East of the Southern Portion of the Western Part of PA
1,272 posts, read 3,710,562 times
Obama will not choose Hillary simply because he doesn't want Bill Clinton anywhere near the Whitehouse. They really don't like each other.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:17 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,170,224 times
TIME got the inside scoop.

The Page - by Mark Halperin - TIME

Old 08-21-2008, 03:19 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,404,464 times
Default Now I know Hillary won't be picked

I'm glad you think Hillary will be VP because this is a clear indication that she won't be selected. Your political instincts have been grossly wrong thus far, so great to see your choice here.

Hillary will not be VP. She was excessively critical of Obama during the primaries. She did not embrace him even when it was evident that she had no chance to win. Her support for him since his victory has been lukewarm. Her husband is a disgraced ex-President who was impeached. Bill lied to the American public, his wife, and his daughter for God's sake. Hillary has no talent. She can't even run a campaign. She's a poor manager. She's shallow in her message, uninspiring. Of the millions who voted for her during the primary, some huge portion voted for her because she wasn't black. Some huge portion voted for her because they were Republicans and she was the weaker candidate. Some huge portion voted for her simply because she's a woman, without regard to what she stands for or her policies. Putting her on the ticket would be a huge mistake as she voted for Bush's war. Barack having Hillary on the ticket, a person who supported the war, undermines his opposition to it. No, Hillary is not it. Time for the Clintons to hit the road.

She will get her send-off at the convention to pacify her crybaby supporters and that's about it. Good riddance.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I'm glad you think Hillary will be VP because this is a clear indication that she won't be selected. Your political instincts have been grossly wrong thus far, so great to see your choice here.

Hillary will not be VP. She was excessively critical of Obama during the primaries. She did not embrace him even when it was evident that she had no chance to win. Her support for him since his victory has been lukewarm. Her husband is a disgraced ex-President who was impeached. Bill lied to the American public, his wife, and his daughter for God's sake. Hillary has no talent. She can't even run a campaign. She's a poor manager. She's shallow in her message, uninspiring. Of the millions who voted for her during the primary, some huge portion voted for her because she wasn't black. Some huge portion voted for her because they were Republicans and she was the weaker candidate. Some huge portion voted for her simply because she's a woman, without regard to what she stands for or her policies. Putting her on the ticket would be a huge mistake as she voted for Bush's war. Barack having Hillary on the ticket, a person who supported the war, undermines his opposition to it. No, Hillary is not it. Time for the Clintons to hit the road.

She will get her send-off at the convention to pacify her crybaby supporters and that's about it. Good riddance.
WARNING! Your Hillary hate is showing. How DARE she challenge your boy king?! How DARE she get more than 18 million votes while Obama cleaned up in caucus states and larger Southern states where the only democrats are black.

Keep talking. The more people like you, the Democratic equivalent of Republican thugs, speak your mind, the more Obama's support erodes beneath his clay feet.

Your talentless, opportunistic, excuse making, bloviating, narcissist of a candidate is running neck and neck, and by some accounts, losing, against a guy you've tried desperately to paint as "more of the same" in a time when the American people are tired of "the same."

It seems, however, that the more people get to "know" Obama (and the kind of people he attracts as supporters and keeps as confidants and friends).... the more they dislike what they discover.

And watch what you say about Bill Clinton -- the ONLY two term Democratic president since FDR... a man who has done more for African Americans and African people in general than Obama - the black messiah - could ever dream of. You HOPE "the one" can come even 1/10th as close to the success and achievement of Bill Clinton.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:40 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,404,464 times
Quote:
I am voting for the one that I think will make the best president,
John McCain.
At first, I thought I would suck it up and vote for Obama when the primaries were over. But I have found out more about John McCain and I like him.
Obama keeps spinning out in left field and I can not vote for him.
Obama is weird and he talks out of both sides of his mouth. I have no respect for him at all.
Then after hearing them this past week, John McCain went from me just giving him my vote, to me giving him my support.
Interesting reading this. John McCain has been in the Senate since the introduction of high-button shoes. The man has a wealth of TIME in the frey. But what the hell has he done during that time? Where the hell has he been during this 8 horrific years of pathetic Republican nonsense? A bunch of Republicans got together to decide how to respond to 9/11, and all the idiots could do was come up with attacking Iraq? Where was McCain's brilliance here? If he was so good, why didn't he step in with a superior plan, one that didn't mean that this country would squander trillions losing an ideological war while we bleed to death domestically. Where in the hell was McCain with all these great ideas? The lack of McCain's impact during this time places him in the same category as Hillary: ineffective, untalented, poor judgment, short-sighted. He's worse though because he's a conservative.

Your voting for McCain was predictable. I always thought Georgia Dems were really closet Republicans anyway. This country can always count on the South to vote for the wrong candidate. Shame.

Doesn't matter. Obama prevails in this election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections