Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who has a better command of Foreign Policy?
Senator Biden 30 52.63%
Senator McCain 27 47.37%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 04:40 PM

835 posts, read 1,325,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Senator McCain was accused of copying wikipedia word for word. Save your insults, you're wasting my time and your breath. Has Senator McCain apologized publicly for copying wikipedia?

Senator McCain will be interesting to watch in the coming foreign policy discussions, You should hope Senator Lieberman is close by to help him change to this years position.
Yes he was ACCUSED (key word accused). It was not word for word either. You may lie all you like but I am not dense! You can only tell the facts on a subject so many ways. "The US was established in 1776." Go ahead say that fact as many different ways as you can and let's see how many people accuse you of plagiarism!
http://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2008/...arism-scandal/
Biden was PROVEN (key word proven) to be a plagiarist on several occasions...he has a history of it. He failed in college because of it and he was kicked out of a presidential election for it. You do realize that Clinton, Bush, Gore and Kerry have all been accused of plagiarism in speeches while stating facts. Biden was telling a story that was not his own.
As you offer no links to support the lies you spew...I have offered one that explains in detail how to determine plagiarism and it details McCain's speech and finds no foul no plagiarism! Nice Try!
If you would like to play dense might I suggest you speak with the person in the mirror!

Last edited by artifice; 08-23-2008 at 04:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 04:45 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,868,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
I felt a lot more secure with Obama's response than McCain's...of course, he's just itching to get into as many wars as he can it seems. Doesn't matter that our current military forces are stretched too thin, not equipt as well as they should be, not taken care of like they should be when they return. He just wants to play the game...doesn't matter that he's using our sons and daughters as human pawns.
Right. A guy that suffered terribly from war. He is soooo into playing "the game".

And his kid was in that "game".

Right!

Old 08-23-2008, 04:56 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,640,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
If you would like to play dense might I suggest you speak with the person in the mirror!
Senator Biden and the Veteran groups are correct, being a POW does nothing to qualify Senator McCain as Commander in Chief. He would be a disaster for US Foreign Policy. Thankfully this was pointed out by General Wesley Clark earlier this year.

Old 08-23-2008, 04:57 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,767,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Right. A guy that suffered terribly from war. He is soooo into playing "the game".

And his kid was in that "game".

Right!
The pow card is getting old.

Old 08-23-2008, 05:05 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,257,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
The pow card is getting old.
...and it may just be the reason McCain is so hawkish. He has said that he is sure we would have "won" the Vietnam war if America had just hung in there. Perhaps he wants to win a war in vindication.

Old 08-23-2008, 05:29 PM

835 posts, read 1,325,075 times
Quote:
Actually, in a rare moment for me, I diverged from the thread topic and indulged you. You haven't addressed the topic, nor payed attention to my posts, or you would know I'm not a Democrat, I prefer to discuss issues, and your insults have little to no affect. I do however, feel sorry for you. Senator McCain's pow status does not qualify him to be Commander in Chief, and his attempt to use it a shield lately will do little to help him.
No you chose to go off topic with a response to my original post. I've taken the liberty of putting it here for you again. Nice try on blaming me. I answered your topic in my OP and added a bit, you made the choice to ask the questions and provide rumors and lies to back up your statements. Sorry that I am not as ill-informed as others. Do you wish to continue this debate or shall we realize the truth of what has transpired and call it quits?
Your right POW status does not qualify you for the Presidency. McCain offers much more depth than POW status. Obama however offers nothing other than 6 months in the senate.
Quote:
Really...
Here are just a few recent quotes from Sir Plagiarism:
“I’ve been calling for more troops for over two years, along with John McCain and others subsequent to my saying that.â€
Followed up with:
“I mean, the truth of the matter is that, that the — America’s — this administration’s policy and the surge are a failure, and that the surge, which was supposed to stop sectarian violence and — long enough to give political reconciliation, there’s been no political reconciliation... The reality is that, although there has been some mild progress on the security front, there is, in fact, no, no real security in Baghdad and/or in Anbar province, where I was, dealing with the most serious problem, sectarian violence. Sectarian violence is as strong and as solid and as serious a problem as it was before the surge started.â€
And:
“If he surges another 20, 30, or whatever number he’s going to, into Baghdad, it’ll be a tragic mistake, in my view, but, as a practical matter, there’s no way to say, ‘Mr. President, stop.’â€
So what kind of Policy advisor are you if you spent two years fighting for something that you say is a failure?
I thought that clearly gave my answer to you topic. Biden is a failure on foreign affairs as he himself states.

Quote:
“We must be clear with the American people that we are committing to Iraq for the long haul; not just the day after, but the decade after.â€
Or:
“We can call it quits and withdraw from Iraq. I think that would be a gigantic mistake. Or we can set a deadline for pulling out, which I fear will only encourage our enemies to wait us out — equally a mistake.â€
But wait that is Obama's only plan....
This shows how they already disagree on Iraq. Biden carries lots of baggage with him.

Old 08-23-2008, 05:34 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,200,518 times
Quote:
Biden, in a July interview, said he would choose Obama's judgment over John McCain's war record and foreign policy experience.
"But 20 years of experience that has not been very solid in terms of projecting what was going to happen just doesn't make you a better commander-in-chief," Biden said. "We don't need as a commander-in-chief a war hero. John's a war hero. We need someone with some wisdom."
SOURCE

Who appears to have a better command of Foreign Policy - Senator Biden or Senator McCain?
Oh Snap!

Old 08-23-2008, 05:37 PM

"The administration's policy and John McCain's view-- and I love him--are abject failures. We have never been weaker in relative terms than we are today," Biden said of their foreign policies."
Source

Senator McCain has used his POW status as a convenient excuse for a lot of things lately, but the fact remains it doesn't qualify him as Commander in chief as pointed out by Rev. Kirbyjon Caldwell, when the McCain camp attempted to use it to cover his comments during SturgisGate.

Old 08-23-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
No you chose to go off topic with a response to my original post. I've taken the liberty of putting it here for you again.
I acknowledged that I went off topic. The Moderator deleted my post. I also said I feel sorry for you. That was deleted as well. You posted information with no source. Your opinion of Senator Obama - is off topic, the thread discusses Senator's Biden and McCain.

Old 08-23-2008, 05:45 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,200,518 times
Biden is going to beat McCain into the ground using McCain's experience and record. This is just him clearing his throat. When McCain complains that Biden is going for personal attacks, Biden will agree that he will stick to the issues. At that point, he will go for the kill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections