Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 04:18 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citygal1 View Post
I am a devoted democrat but I am really annoyed by Obama and his campaign. I can't stand his arrogance and the gimmicks he plays to attract public attention. What's with "Yes, we can"? We can what? More importantly, how? I feel a lot of liberals are in some kind of fascination with this guy and their cool judgement went out the window. Under usual circumstances, I would never consider voting for a republican but I will do that this time just to teach that cocky politician a lesson.
Excellent portrait of a citizen exercising their patriotic duty to become informed. What would you like to discuss? Which issue have you been ignoring that we can help educate you on, there is still time, it isn't November yet, and I'd be embarrassed to not have extended a hand to someone in obvious need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 04:21 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
He can't go back now. He's associated himself with the self-proclaimed "dark side" by choosing Biden, an engrained typical Washington politician.
Haha!!! Isn't this hilarious???

The repugs rant against Obama because he has no experience(according to them) then

FLIP FLOP

they don't like Biden because he has so much experience!!!

LOLOLOL!!!!

Old 08-23-2008, 04:22 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,965,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

The repugs rant against Obama because he has no experience(according to them) then

FLIP FLOP

LOLOLOL!!!!
Exactly! Straw-grasping at its finest...

Old 08-23-2008, 04:22 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
I've seen fish sit still longer....

Old 08-23-2008, 04:32 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Excellent portrait of a citizen exercising their patriotic duty to become informed. What would you like to discuss? Which issue have you been ignoring that we can help educate you on, there is still time, it isn't November yet, and I'd be embarrassed to not have extended a hand to someone in obvious need.

There are plenty of us that have stated over and over the issues they we disagree with Obama, but it falls on dead ears, here is a refresher:

Abortion, he is way too liberal for me

Drilling for oil, I do not want to hear him say one more time that it will not help

Nuclear Power, I want to see us invest in it

Taxes, he has changed it so often it makes my head spin

High spending, who will pay for all of his promises???

Old 08-23-2008, 04:35 PM

280 posts, read 686,590 times
Quote:

FLIP FLOP

LOLOLOL!!!!
Not surprisingly, you are missing the point. Biden has been in Washington since 1973. Nobody on the other side said he was bad or not likedbecause of that. But what about all of the change? What about the vision of a new, loving, tender government? Get out all of the old timers, because they are all corrupt and out of touch? This has been Obamas mission, this is why WE NEED HIM. I suppose like everything else it wasn't working out how he had planned, so here is a man who has been a part of the machine for over 30 years. Obama only takes his foot out of his mouth long enough to insert the other one. He cannot stand strong on his thoughts, plans or ideas when it comes to anything. As a citizen I would feel much more comfortable with Biden as President when comparing to BO, so don't say we don't like him. It was Obama and all of his flunkies who decided we had to be out with the old and in with the new!!!

Old 08-23-2008, 05:44 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,423 times
Quote:

FLIP FLOP

LOLOLOL!!!!
You have someone confused. He has plenty of experience, but not many accomplishments to go with it.

None of us has said anything about his experience, you have, or you are just making up stuff in your head again.

It was OBAMA who said he wants to change Washington with new fresh faces, well come on....

Obama is the master of the flip flop! What happened to the CHANGE idea again?

Old 08-23-2008, 05:46 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citygal1 View Post
I am a devoted democrat but I am really annoyed by Obama and his campaign. I can't stand his arrogance and the gimmicks he plays to attract public attention. What's with "Yes, we can"? We can what? More importantly, how? I feel a lot of liberals are in some kind of fascination with this guy and their cool judgement went out the window. Under usual circumstances, I would never consider voting for a republican but I will do that this time just to teach that cocky politician a lesson.
What, you aren't inspired by his campaign?

You aren't participating in dreams of his father, and you have the audacity of hopelessness (though some might label this "critical thinking").

Good for you.

Old 08-23-2008, 05:48 PM

195 posts, read 593,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
It was OBAMA who said he wants to change Washington with new fresh faces, well come on....

Obama is the master of the flip flop! What happened to the CHANGE idea again?
He claimed that Hillary is an evil washington insider. Then he picked Biden who's been washington even longer than Hillary!!! Pathetic.

Old 08-23-2008, 05:49 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,691 times
Obama's detailed proposals available for anyone with an internet connection (I assume that includes anyone here) but those proposals have been analyzed, praised or criticized in numerous publications. At this point anyone who claims to have not heard or read the specifics of Obama's proposals and positions are deaf, blind, or just willfully stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections